Should i change my sound card?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by electrus, May 28, 2009.

1. electrus

electrus Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 HawX Talon
    I have now a Creative X-fi Platinum (this one: http://images.creative.com/iss/images/corporate/artwork/art_xfi_platinum_pdt_lo.jpg )

I get the annoying crackle when i record & broadcast myself (with Sam broadcaster)
    I looked everything, settings, changed the recording to 2channel 16bit 44,1 kHz. But I still get the annoying crackle. Even looked in SAM if I could change something, but nothing. Tried in all three modes (gamer, entertainment, audio creation)

i'm thinking about one of Asus Xonar series
    one of these:
    Xonar D2/PM
    Xonar D2X
    Xonar Essence STX

or can you recommend me a total different sound card?
    btw: i'm running Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 with latest creative drivers v2.18.0013 tried also older drivers, but still sma problem

everything I want is to get rid of the crackling while broadcasting!

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  2. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    go to Xonar D2X m8ty and havent bsbs crashes and etx crapeative major probs....

3. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    Well the X-Fi has problems with many motherboards. Still a great card though.

As for going the Asus route, not a bad one at all. In fact they have very nice DACs and Opamps on. Better quality than the Creative X-Fis, just misses the EAX/OpenAL hardware acceleration. Yes I know the Xonars have it emulated but its not the same thing.

4. electrus

electrus Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 HawX Talon
    ok, thx for info.
    btw: what's the difference between Xonar D2X and Xonar D2 ?

5. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The D2 is a native PCI card, where the D2X used a bridge chip to fit into a PCI-E slot that a pain to work with. Hence, why I always use D2(X) when talking about the card.

If you have a spare PCI slot, its less hassle to go with the D2 model. As far as everything I've been able to find, the specs are exactly the same.

6. electrus

electrus Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 HawX Talon

thx :)
    i'll try to find a D2 here in croatia. Anyway, if someone thinks I should buy another card then please reply here :)

7. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    Just a hi from Rijeka! :D

Oh, and I just bought the xonar dx for my HTPC.. its realy awesome so far. Wont be gaming on it, so eax wasent important to me.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  8. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    u have eax m8 with DX techology emulates the api~~~~~~~~~~!

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Live4live the only eax thats emulated is eax5, even tho he dont cares for it. he only has eax1-2 and eax5.

10. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    lol m8ty i know really well the specs of cards,i just tell him what he got!but if dont care complete...ok

11. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Be happy, with recent drivers this is what I get when recording. Unusable.

I'm starting to think that Creative does this in purpose just to make people buy card that cost more.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  12. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Anarion, have you tried the latest pack from Daniel_k ?

13. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    moding.....its the latest way! (my opinion)it cant impove the wuality or the stability...cause needs knowlege of hardware programing,the only good on moding is the add of ids.. i had use manny mods for audio cards and i dont see any improvment...as for the daniels its something difrent he collect the newest verions of the craetie software in one pack!its very usefull for manny! but he stop to unlock the futures that creative cut for his money reasons...