Arma 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by masterchiefx2, Apr 22, 2009.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP / Vista
    * Dual-Core CPU
    * 512 MB Ram
    * Graphics card with 256 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

Recommended System Requirements

* Windows XP / Vista
    * Quad-Core CPU
    * 1 GB Ram
    * Graphics card with 512 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

505 Games' ArmA II, developed by Bohemia Interactive, is scheduled for release on PC in June 19, 2009, and yet unspecified console(s).

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Discussion and info about the recent release of the game.
    (German version will be officially sold tomorrow but as usual some stores started early.)

Of note is that there's a bunch of bugs reported already and it seems that a early update will be released, possible on the same day as the game is released or shortly thereafter.
    (Seems German version came out a bit early seeing as the EU publisher 505 is still some way from a release, unsure about the US version.)

4. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Just got the game, I posted some screenshots here. Performance is greatly varying, I only adjusted the resolution so far (1920x1200) and it stays above 30fps most of the time. The complexity and detail is amazing so far, you can drive/fly/use every imaginable vehicle and command small to very large, army-sized troops. I'll check out the MP later.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    amazing screens! oMFG i want console versions pls!

EDIT: and i want to purchase DIGITAL VERSION if available! FGS i cant wait this to come Turkey after 2 months! i dont want to use unlegit copy either..DAMMN! There must be a DIGITAL PURCHASE SOMEWHERE :(

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  6. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    OMG!! What? HOW!!?? Where? It's already out?

Looks amazing!!

7. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    We got lucky this time. It is out in Germany today, the English version is scheduled for the 19th of June or so (which I don't understand, the game I have is in English, just with an option for German subtitles).

8. Halli

Halli Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX465 Bios 470
    Our Server will host this game but we want to wait untill it is fully released as
    when our players tried the German version for 1 it was a nightmare to run as English.

Hurry up June 19th.

Halli~SPARTA~
    http://www.legionofsparta.com

9. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    Ok, I've played for around two hours now. In the first mission (a small village) performance was acceptable (+30-40 fps). On the second mission though (a small city) performance is horrendous, I'm averaging 15-18 fps. This is on 1920x1200 with all settings on Medium, Win7 RC x64. Asides from that, the AI does not work at all, enemies do not react to the player. I can walk right up to a buch of them and they do absolutely nothing. This definitely needs patching.

Edit: Rumors say BI will release a patch tomorrow.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  10. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Ohhhh I see I could get it too!!! But be honest, will it even run on my machine? :(

11. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    So basically this game is in english? Only subtitle are in german? Voices and menus are english too? Damn I want at least demo. I hope it will be out next week...

12. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Menus are German, Voices English, Subtitles German

Games wont come out till 19th in europe, 1 week later for Australia and who cares for US :p

13. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    cool, now if they would just finish operation flashpoint 2 already. i loved ofp and especially all of the community made mods. when arma came out i bought the czech version cause it wasnt going to be released in the states for another month, there was a community made patch to have english menus, then they finally released a official patch. the one thing i disliked the most about arma from ofp was the horrible vehicle controlling, just was never as good as it was in ofp, i havent tried driving anything though since the latest patch. maybe ill have to just get this (arma2) to hold me over until this ofp 2 is released, although it seems to be going the way of duke nukem heh

14. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    Same devs who made ARMA 1 , what you expect? they never was good & optimising

15. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Go play Crysis or Farcry if u want a lame game that is the same as all the other games peter...

OFP, ARMA1, ARMA2 Are Games in there own league, Nothing...and i mean nothing is on there level.....

16. apo-ttcc

apo-ttcc Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  17. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Banned

GPU:
    kk
    I am fan of OFP myself.. But many OFP players dislikes ARMA, because of huge resource sucking , bugs, runing animations, which makes think soldiers has some poop in their pants , vehicle control.. anyway it has less smooth gameplay too

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Get a new computer....mine runs fine..

And to say OFP is better is just kidding yourself....

19. RyoHazuki

RyoHazuki Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 780 HOF
    theres something called opinions sir.

At any rate, this game looks awesome and looking foward to its release in the us. The gameplay with trackIR looks even sweeter.

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    While i agree on opinions....This is One that Makes no sense whatsoever..

OFP is not better than Arma...period... ( while it may have a better campaign thats not the debate the game itself is)