185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    I haven't OC'ed the cards. They are running at the stock clock.

2. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I can understand what you trying to say. All of my games are running smooth with 185.85, and i have no driver's related problem's
    but
    AF is broken and cannot be applied via the nvcpl and that's a problem for me. Not a major one, but still a problem.

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    and if its applied it works only half way, or it doesnt at all..

dunno how come you cant see this fine bow wash effect in FEAR2 while you move, its seen on ground textures, especially in mp maps its like a bilinear anisotropic filtering.,
    some games work fine, but still allot worse aniso.filtering than usual, even 182.50 had a bit optimized aniso.filtering compared to 182.08 and it looks a bit worse too, not to mention these 185 :3eyes:

4. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    Why the hell would you want to force AF in F.E.A.R. 2, through the Nvidia Control Panel, when it can be forced through the game itself? :3eyes:

5. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I'm finding that vsync doesn't work in LOTRO using SLI. Anyone know if this is a new problem or something they've known about for awhile, or maybe just my machine?

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    because i dont want to see bilinear anisotropic filtering!

if you want to use it and see this so called "bow wash effect" than that's fine, but i don't!:3eyes:

its like explained here, and i dont use anisotropic sample optimization nor trilinear optimization; i use high IQ in driver which disables all the mention things above by default and its still seen;
    dunno what are you blind not to see it??, because i sure do and FEAR2 isnt the only game with this problem!
    And nvidia specifically disabled forced af apparently its fixed but its not, its here in FEAR 1 too, but it goes away if i use ingame trilinear and force af in driver.

7. spyder_3kgt

spyder_3kgt New Member

GPU:
    EVGA9800GT 700/1750/2100
    These were the most god awful drivers EVER! Complete crap! Took my aquamark 3d score from 240k to 116k! 182.xx are far superior on a 9800GT.

8. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    Well, I just went back to see this so called "bow wash laundry effect of yours" and I'm happy to report, that I can't see it! From my understanding is that the ingame AF, is used near the player and the rest is ignored(IS it right?) But, I don't see any bow wash effects in-game. Maybe if you provide me with a screen shot, I can understand a little bit better?

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If you want to get rid of the bow wash effect, you need to disable all optimizations in Nvidia Control Panel...

People still use Aquamark??

10. CptnAwesome

CptnAwesome Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 280 in SLI
    These drivers have been giving me absolute hell ever since ive installed them, slower benchs in crysis on win 7 with these than on vista 64bit, and all around terrible stability.

11. andyjb

andyjb New Member

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    Had to go back to 182.50.. Doers anybody get buzzing video card/psu with 185 series drivers?? using 8800GTX and win 7 rc.

12. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    That's pretty funny you would say that since I have nearly the same specs as you and they are flawless for me in everything. I'd tend to say your system is f'd up more than the drivers. OR anything below the GTX 2xx have problems. Games I am playing with great fps.

Crysis, wars, warhead (crashed to desktop twice, lowered res to 1440x900 no more crashes was silky smooth except when i was on train killing millions of baddies)
    TF2, HL2 DM, CS Source (fps are maxxed)
    Drakensang, Cryostasis (admit it's choppy but its a crappy game)
    FEAR 2, single and multi (feels like fps are maxxed)
    FEAR mp (don't even think i had 1 second of video lag at all)
    UT3 (maxxed settings at 1600x900 with zero lag)
    COD4, COD5 (maxxed out completely at 1600x900 with zero issues)
    Empire Earth II (still stutters here and then, but always has)
    Demigod (silky smooth)

Quite a contrast. You say they are utter crap yet I have zero problems.

Are you overclocking? have you set compatibility tab options? Have you cleanly de-installed gone to safe mode and used driver sweeper. Are you running latest nForce chipset drivers?

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    :D

it sucks and i cant do anything about it, well its not soooo bad but its there. Try fear2 mp for example, you will clearly see a fine transparent line on the ground floor in front of you while you're moving, its seen on metal ground surfaces, and others too but here on metal surfaces you can see it in all its glory :bang:
    with 181.20 i could force AF in driver, but i cant use those anymore since my gpu isnt supported yet, and some games do run better with newer drivers anyway..
    I'm just saying, nvidia needs to get rid of this problem, but dunno i think they discovered a minor boost with this trick and are scared to disable it again - this pos crap bilinear anisotropic filtering lol :3eyes:

not to mention these 185 with broken af or otherwise bilinear af ...

14. hitman1303

hitman1303 Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 3 gig dead!
    I am currently on 182.68 or something should I upgrade to these 185??

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Check out this link - these guys seem to be having the same problem as you...:D
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=96405

Have you tried nHancer?

Last edited: May 22, 2009

16. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    I'm downloading FEAR Combat (Ewww) and gonna check if I got that problem. To me this problem is so minor, when ur running around like a maniac in FEAR how can you have time to even waste observing this? Also, has the developer even stated whether it's a bug or anything? Haven't played this for so long I think like last time was when I had a 8800.

EDIT: Just played it for about 1.5 hours. Never noticed any problems. 16AF 4xAA everything maximum where possible.

EDIT2: Man that game runs amazing now. Saw 175fps spikes, never dipped below 50 avg about 67fps maxxed @ 2048x1152. AF looked great from what I could tell. Tired now of playing it and someone was walking through walls on that last one.

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    the first WHQL driver in a long time that ran as good as the beta's always has for me.
    I didnt really notice any improvements in Chronicles of Riddick over the 182.xx beta. but i didnt bench it iether.

18. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Yeah.. because aquamark is somehow relevant? :confused:

That bench is like 3dMark 99 or something.. what exactly are you doing?

19. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Have fun "playing" the aquamark benchmarks, while i'll have fun actually playing real games, for which these drivers are great ;)

20. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Haha seriously... Aquamark came out in 2003 or 2004, can't remember. Anyway its old and hardly relevant to current games.