185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. panZEr330

panZEr330 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280 @666/2333
    The original half life and games based on the engine were opengl if I'm not mistaken. Source engine games are direct 3d though.

2. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Running as smooth as 185.81 on both my cars.
    Playing on Windows 7 x64

PhysX_9.09.0408_SystemSoftware.exe in this set... so check if you got the old physx install somewhere on your C drive and flush it...

Build on the Quake engine with D3D support added.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  3. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    like mineria stated above , half life1 is a fully enhanced quake1 engine , which is opengl native. but has a D3D path.

if i remember right source and a few other engines use code from quake1(under license im sure) even if they are d3d , which hl2 is.

4. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    This is almost certainly going to come across as antagonistic, but let me state outright that it is not intended to be.

That said, I honestly wonder how many of these problems are in some way user-related...out of the maybe 100 sets of drivers I've tried in my entire life going all the way back to the original Geforce, I can count on my hand the number of times I've used drivers that were just so bad that you couldn't help but wonder how they were released...and to boot, they were probably all beta drivers anyway.

After the usual benchmark run, these aren't superior but they are decent - I can't say I love them, but running out there and blaming Nvidia for being lazy and sucking because of 5 seconds worth of graphical weirdness on E:TW isn't sound logic to me. I start Empire, I see weird graphics for 5 seconds, then I play the game for 3 hours because it's like crack and I all but forget within moments about the bug. I wish people would be more objective and more specific about what's bugging them about a pair of drivers so others can make a more educated decision on whether to try them out or not rather than testing them with their favorite game only to find out that they weren't the magic mushroom they were wishing for to give them a 20 FPS boost out of the box and cured cancer.

Personally, I have nothing to complain about with these drivers. My vantage score is about the same as 185.81 and all my games perform fine. Probably not worth the time to upgrade, but certainly nothing that might justify reverting back to and old set.

5. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    well said Reciprocity....

ive been in the swing of constantly trying out driver updates (including lots of betas) since i had a geforce 5 series.. and i as well can only think of a few times when i had drivers that gave me any real problems

6. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    Amen man! All I was worried about was, why Riva wasn't detecting the driver. Now that I know it's a bug and it's not only me I can sleep well. But yeah I don't see nothing wrong with the drivers too, some bugs here, some bugs there the usual stuff.
    As for the D3D thing, the guy was asking about Source based games, not the good old GldSrc powered Half Life.

7. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Nice post bro. Most errors are attributable to WHQL ID10t problems.

8. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    I have had problems with E:TW and the 185 series drivers and I am positive is driver related...I too have been installing and uninstalling drivers since the dinosaur age, back when i was on ATI before making the switch to Nvidia.

This is a confirmed driver issue, I do get graphical corruption with these drivers when I start E:TW at all the logos and stuff and it does not stop when it gets to the Menu which I can barely see what with all the flickering, and sometimes it just crashes after the flicker.

These issues do not appear with the 182 series. The game runs beautifully with those drivers. I can only hope that Nvidia will start a new series of drivers to fix my problem or I will just stick with 182 and miss out on Ambient occlusion...

9. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    Try this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3078312#post3078312

10. Random Guy

Random Guy Member

GPU:
    GTX 680 SLI
    Is anyone else experiencing system freezing in UT3 with this set?

11. ClimaCool

ClimaCool New Member

GPU:
    Gygabyte GeForce 9600 GT
    I don't understand what's the problem,when i install these drivers it won't install nv control panel automatically.When i try to install them manually,setup says setup failed to read required display driver in this package.Could someone have any sugestions where is the problem??

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Did you reboot after installing the driver?

13. ClimaCool

ClimaCool New Member

GPU:
    Gygabyte GeForce 9600 GT
    Yes i rebooted system,and there are no control panel at all,it won't install with drivers,manully control panel setup fails too.

14. Nismo GTR

Nismo GTR Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX690
    Yes and GTR Evo, although the freezing was worse on my XP install but i have had it a few times today on UT3 on Win7.

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    tried it before, had no effect.

however since RMA my GTX 295, my 8800 GTS 512 isn't crashing (backup card until new 295 arrives).

I think I just had a bad GPU1, as when I would crash my clocks would all go to 0.8mhz on GPU1.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Is anyone else having problems with fonts in games or fuzzy text with these drivers? Like the wrong type of AA is being applied?

I'm getting issues with scaling in BF2 PR such as map icons, and also fuzzy text on my desktop...

Even with my res at 2048x1536 in BF2 the icons are still to large and appear to be low res...

17. Ajoobajabajeeba

Ajoobajabajeeba Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 465
    Everything is golden here, 295/win7 x64

18. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Everything o.k. for me with the new driver's, except the AF problem.

It's true that the nvcpl it takes a bit to load, but this is not a concern for me.

A big concern is that AF is not applied via nvcpl, and i hope that nvidia fix it with the next release.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Does AA working Win 7 64bit cause i Swear it dont seem o be working when seeing in the Nvidia CP

I haveProgram Setting for REquiem.exe set to 4x AA and i swear it looks the same as no AA

But if I do this in Global AA works fine so either Program setting is broke or the add Programs to Program setting is broke

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  20. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I've always had issues with setting AA through Nvidia CP on certain apps, does it work on any other application?