185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290

same its insane.. had one of gpu ( using sli ) on 85 while running occt test

nuts..

2. Norvegia

Norvegia Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 460 1Gb
    So far:

The GOOD -> great improvement in Mirror's Edge.

The BAD -> Far Cry 2 runs a A LOT worse

3. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290

mirrors edge runs great on everything.. what improvement could you need it in..

there is nothing exactly good on this driver so far, overheating , more than usual , good old driver stopped working, seems to be more common and common , i dont see any improvement so far.. my vantage score looks bit low.. cant recall what i used to have, as i didnt tested in ages..

probably gona revert to previous ones.. dont waste your time if you didnt installed this one.. dont

4. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    One thing to Note i do not get any delay on control panel loading it is same as always i.e fast , odd that this is a bug.. never got this on the beta drivers also ..

5. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    upgrade the Cpu to Quad then you may see a tad differance:) far cry 2 does take advantage over this .. :) with that Mb why your running anything less is the Question ..

6. mammaryman

mammaryman Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 275
    These drivers still have the stuttering issue with Left 4 Dead, it's starting to get really annoying now! Plus having a GTX275 means I can't roll back to the 178 drivers that don't have the issue....ARGH!!!!

7. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc

then u should try 185.68

8. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    well for me, it sholved the af problem, i dont know about others, cuz i would never use a driver that breaks af. the 185.85whql

its a shame that nvidia brings out such ******* drivers.

9. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    HDTV Resize Desktop option does not work in this driver for me. After I adjust desktop and apply it for my 1080p HDTV (in Vista 64 drivers and GTX 295 on my HDTV w/HDCP) it just goes to some some weird resolution, off the screen.

For now I have to keep using 182.50 with my HDTV.:(

10. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    I don't think I have trouble with the AF with 185.85. Or at least, that's what it looks like.

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
  12. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi,

I have tried these drivers and all my games work like a charm, old and new. The only problem I have is with one game, Vampire - The Masquerade. Whenever I run the game, my crt monitor shows a message out of frequency range.

I have used various startup options to force the games refresh rate, but nothing seems to work.

If I reinstall the 182.50 drivers tha game works without a problem. Vampire is based on the Source engine, but all other games that use the same engine are fine, ie Counter-Strike Source, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2.

Any ideas, I have the monitor drivers installed and I am running Windows Vista 32bit.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  13. Smikis

Smikis Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290
    its probably exactly the same.. just multi thus adding extra 25 mb.. since once we downloaded is us only

14. dajife

dajife Guest

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    Is exactly the same that international version

15. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Useful information cause i' am a v-sync junkie. I have a couple of question's though :
    1) What is the simplest way to identify which game's are OpenGl and which are D3D ?
    2) The D3Doverrider is a feature of Riva Tuner and the only way to use it, is installing the program ?

Thank you.

16. Gator Allen

Gator Allen Guest

Running Windows XP SP3 and these drivers are running great after three days, COD4, F.E.A.R.2, R.O., HMBM, GT Legends, GTR2, and GTR EVO are all running great, Good I.Q. frame rates and I'm not having any issues with RivaTuner at all, keepers for now.

17. Selo

Selo Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX295
    having some hitching in windows 7 while watching videos on youtube

18. Indeed

Indeed Member

GPU:
    GeForce 256 (NV10) 120Mhz
    1) You can google it, but the majority of today's games use D3D. Most of the DX10 games will brag about their DX10 support right on the box. The one game exception I know is Doom3. I believe it uses OpenGL. Other small games like The Hard Truck series use OpenGL as well. But games like Cod4 and 5, Half Life 2, Dead Space, F.E.A.R. 2 etc... use D3D

2) Yes install rivatuner, then go to your all programs, find the RIva Tuner Folder. The D3D should be on the top. If you don't use start menu shortcuts, go to C:\Program Files\Riva Tuner\Tools\D3D\ and start it from there.
    Keep the detection level on medium.

19. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080

HALF-LIFE 2 DOES NOT USE D3D!! IT'S THE MOST POPULAR OPENGL game!!!

20. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

i hope youre joking lol