185.85 WHQL available

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gjaegy, May 7, 2009.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Tone it down a bit.

2. Jack Nicholson

Jack Nicholson Member Guru

GPU:
    3 way SLI GTX 280 x 3
    Rawrsnebush?

3. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Nope, I have 9600GT in SLI and I'm not complaining, haven't had any issues with any driver at all.

4. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    works good for left4dead, coh, WoW - vista64

5. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870
    I use an 8800 GTS and these drivers work perfectly for me.

6. xdurus

xdurus Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 oc
    Try reading all the comments before posting immature counter-productive bs.I know you are excited about your new gtx295(I would be) and think it is the best thing in the world but, you will eventually have problems with drivers and when you do, it will be the "complaining" of users that will get the issues resolved.
    It would be very interesting to see how Nvidia drivers would perform if no one ever pointed out the flaws.

7. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

It's a ****ing bug, quit your bitching. The gains are present even with AF working correctly. It's a simple bug.

8. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

The control panel installs fine. And the installer can't assume that the driver is located in the same folder.. there's a special syntax you use to do all that. Just because you don't know it and assume you can make a poor default decision doesn't mean the installer doesn't work.

Have you ever thought that maybe you don't know how to install a driver? or maybe your system is ****ed, since this obviously works fine for everyone else?

9. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

You can run XP drivers in Vista, because Vista is backwards compatible with the previous display driver model, but you don't want to because a lot of features just won't work right, and it's basically totally unsupported.

Vista supports both the XP and the Vista display driver models.

10. nascasho

nascasho Master Guru

GPU:
    GV-N670OC-2GD @ 1250Mhz
    The things I've noticed for the first time... my cards actually downclocked after leaving a game... will be monitoring for the next couple days to see if it still does it.

Also, does anyone else right-click on desktop take a little long or is it just me? But it doesn't bother me because I don't r-click unless it's to change a 3D config in a game.

But so far, so good here.

11. sharkchu12

sharkchu12 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 590 & GTX260+ PhysX
    Nope, same for me.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    works great so far.i didnt expected any problem..just cant use AO in some titles...in FO3 it works and no performance hit in my PC lol...and guess i gained some FPS in FO3. good job NVIDIA. NVIDIA beats ATI inerms of DRIVERS and technology, look at ati, no physx and no AO(or is there?) anyway. as an old ATI 4870 user i am so happy NVIDIA 285.

13. Aleksandarcox

Aleksandarcox Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB
    Downloading now. Tnx nVidia.:banana: But, anyway, I'm moving to ATI ASAP!
    Their drivers are non questionably better. :) Sad times came for nVidia.:puke2: 2-3 years ago I moved to nVidia beacause better support... s*!t, I can't believe that this is happening.

14. elrazor

elrazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AorusMaster 3080
    WOOT! 3D acceleration work now in Photoshop for me In Win XP!

[​IMG]

15. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

more like sad time has come for your card:thumbup:

buy 4850, 4770 whatever u like now and 2 or 3 years later u WOULD say same thing.

although it doesn't feel right as a customer... that's life honey. nvidia does that, ATI does that.
    u may buy consoles and be worry free from this N vs A agony. happily ever after:)
    oh, don't forget to buy both ps3 & 360 or things might get much worse:heh:

good luck

Last edited: May 8, 2009

16. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
    Ppl with a 8500 complaining lawl. time to upgrade!
    I mean really how can you expet any games to run good at that?

Anyway running fine on my 8800 GTX with vista 64 bit
    Ambient occlusion works fine on wow and cryostatis , i don't expect any problems with other games.

17. mark007

mark007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Still no fix for anyone using a full range color HDTV, the nvidia drivers default to limited range for the ENTIRE DESKTOP, not just movies and give no option for this. In this limited output mode, the video color range option they provide doesn't account for the output range of the whole desktop itself.....

Seriously sick of this now... whql? pff I dunno. I don't normally get angry at hardware manufacturers, my only real one so far was against creative... but slowly going down the path of not liking nvidia too much either.... they can turn it around i am sure, I hope...

18. Aleksandarcox

Aleksandarcox Member

GPU:
    nVidia 8500 GT 256 MB
    Why??? :3eyes: COD4 with all settings on extra, and some other advanced options like lightning ran with 50+fps...:banana: I'm not expecting to run Crysys nice, but some games should run not good, but perfectly on this card, based on graphics. I'm not blaming only nVidia for that, but developers too, because they're making games that need 2x better card, and have same graphics like some older games that don't need no where near that card.:biggun: So, they don't want to, or are too lasy not to optimize them good.:mad4:
    That's what I am talking about, SAME GRAPHICS=50% BETTER HARDWER REQUIREMENTS. :(

Oh, and, guys, please, help. With these drivers I again have that stupid monitor issue. I needed to go in SAFE MODE and deinstall 185.85 WHQL drivers, and I'm using windows one now.
    Is there any way to stop OS and games from going into resolution higher that 1024x768? Because if any game or OS sometimes tries to go in higher that 1024 I get error:
    NOT OPTIMUM MODE, RECOMMENDED MODE 1280x1024 60HZ.
    But, the problem is that this (resolution higher than 1024) recommended resolution is what gives me a problem.
    HELP, PLEASEEEE!!!! :pray2pc: :coffee:

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    meh...

anisotropic filtering is still broken!!!

when i use in game AF i see bilinear af yes:puke2: back to 182.50..

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A new version of RivaTuner is coming out in June apparently.

In the meantime, as detailed in the RivaTuner forum, you can work around the issue by setting the ForceDriverVersion field to 18585 in the Power User tab. You'll still get the same message but the OpenGL, DirectX, overclocking, etc., options will all be available.

The details are in this thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=294967