Catalyst 8.61.1-090330a (9.5 Beta)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Apr 20, 2009.

1. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    You don't have to worry about it. You only have one GPU core. This is an issue for x2 owners, where when you first boot up, one core, usually the second, is stuck at 3d mode clocks until you run a 3d application and exit again, which resets it normally to the 2d clocks. Having one core stuck in 3d mode when you first boot is annoying as it increases temps and possibly stress on the card. It is also known as the powerplay bug. This driver fixed it, but it's still hotter and less stable than the 9.3s for me. :( I kind of want to go back to 9.3 and deal with the powerplay bug because games weren't crashing with it.

2. Scoop

Scoop Active Member

GPU:
    R2900 X2
    Seems to fix the 2d 3d bug for me.:):banana:

Cheers rflair.

On a side note I just ran the installer as normal from the download you posted for vista X86 and it worked without me having to do a manual install. It did say that it was an unsigned driver but I selected ok go and install! Checked CCC and it has installed the 8.61.1 drivers too before anyone says.

My 4870 X2 system is stable to.

Still waiting for that beta tester call too, sent my application form off ages ago.

:boob:
    Regards
    Scoop

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    after install, before it rebooted, it gave me a bsod.

4. Ghettorat

Ghettorat Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 ClassifiedSLI
    Me too! Haven't had any issues with the driver itself afterwards though. Everything working very well so far.

5. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Installed fine, no manual device manager update needed.

Vista x64

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes using the installer works, reason I informed people to use manual install is cause I figured there would be a few people (and there are) running Windows 7 and for sure threads would surface about how to install these in W7.

But yes the installer (setup.exe) should work in Vista with 4000 series cards.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Installed in Windows 7 like a charm. Am using these with 9.4 CCC and it works fine.

Pus the 2d-3d clock bug is gone!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Happy Days.

8. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Anyone with a beta driver for the 2400HD/Vista 32bit ?

9. Aeny

Aeny Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6950>6970
    Installed, Windows 7 build 7068 32-bit, Sapphire HD4830.
    Luckily no BSoD, I hate BSoD's, but then again I don't think anyone will love them.

10. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    Works fine with my 4870X2 on Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 , however , most of AVIVO video settings and options are inactive ...

11. F_L_C

F_L_C Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GS
    I have modified the INF and installer for XP32. If you can successfully install CAT 9.4, then you'll be able to install this beta using setup.exe (or manually if so desired). I have installed it on my HD3650. Driver is dated 3/30/09 and build is v8.610.1.0 :

CAT 9.5b XP32 ONLY 17.2MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?wgx4lot2hdz

12. MetalFlake

MetalFlake Member

GPU:
    Asus HD4870 512mb
    this sound promising :)

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  14. Varsos

Varsos Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870X2
    Thx mate:)

15. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Bsod:eed for me as well while installing. And 2d/3d clock bug is not fixed for me, I have a 4850x2 and a 4850 in tri xfire. After booting both second gpu on the x2 card and the third 4850 had 3d clocks? So it seems it only is fixed on 4870x2´s or maybe if when you have three gpu´s it isnt fixed?? Dunno?

EDIT: Did a fresh install of vista x64 after the bsod, installed fine this time with no BSOD. But the 3d/2d bug is still there... :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009

16. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Don't think that will work. Even for the 9.4's I'm working on the DNA-ATi 9.4 set and are looking into getting the legacy card working (R300/R400/R500) but It seems to be hard to get it all working at the moment.

17. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    The WHQL 9.4 work just fine on my 2400HD in vista.

18. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    My temps are fine but I'm having heavy artifacts with Test Drive Unlimited using this driver. However, any other 3d app (incl. 3dmark vantage) works fine!

19. Gurid

Gurid Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire Radeon 4870
    F.E.A.R 2 - using those drivers and a very little OC, still get stuck from time to time (screen stuck and than goes black - GPU problem for sure, not CPU or something like that)

Am I the only one having those problems with the new driver ?
    I have even used FurMark for like 2-3 minutes on the MAX, and no problems at all!
    But F.E.A.R 2 get stuck even sometimes after few minutes of play :(

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    When I try to install in device manager I get a BSOD, but when I installedd with the installer I didnt. But, when I used the installer the BSOD didnt happen until I rebooted. Im back to 9.4´s and waiting for official 9.5´s. But thx rflair again for posting these.. Keep it up, nice to have some other drivers than only the AMD official one´s each end of month... :)