ForceWare 185.68 Beta VISTA & XP | Download | Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GandalfGreyhelm, Apr 8, 2009.

1. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    No luck BaneComes, but thanks for the link anyways.

2. MrHydes

MrHydes Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280 SLI
    [offtopic]
    isulting who? no you are mistaken, i haven't insulted no one, because

i respect all equally not according status or knowledge.

Off course he wouldn't not even reply back if f did so. he and i we both know

we were talkin different things. i do not doubt he's know-how or anyone else

but i treat everyone the same way, with respect. admiration is a completly

different thing. (...) btw i'm not here for the points[/offtopic]

cheers

3. GuYaNeSeFuHLiFe

GuYaNeSeFuHLiFe New Member

GPU:
    8800GT + 9600GTOC PhysX
    I have the x64 version of Smart Security 4.0.417 installed on 7077 x64 as well as NO problems what so ever.

So final verdict for driver selection for Windows 7 Build 7077 x64 and all subsequent builds, should we be using 181.71 (7 Beta) or newest Vista Betas (185.68+)?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. OniKeaton

OniKeaton Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti FE 12GB
    Windows 7 is based on Vista, so I'd say go with the Vista drivers; honestly, there's little difference between WDDM v1.0 (Vista) and v1.1 (Windows 7). Plus, there's ambient occlusion. :)

Speaking of ambient occlusion, it isn't working at all for me with these drivers. I did a screenshot comparison with Fallout 3, but they look absolutely identical.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Then get your eyes checked. You just said yourself how they are completely different.

6. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Completely different = architectural changes....the G92 only has very minor tweaks compared to the G80 architecture, not a total overhaul.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  7. ginj

ginj Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx470
    same here, no difference in cod4 or cod5
    or maybe its because of some ingame settings. i tweaked a bit mines in both games.
    i'll try with new profiles.

anyway im running those drivers in xp and vista, and both get me good results,
    i'll keep these till new WHQL

8. ghost301

ghost301 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GT 240
    A nono for me, XPSP3, black screen and can't boot in windows after installation. Tried driver sweeper in safe mode as well >< when there will be usable 185.xx driver for 8 series ?

9. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    Ya these drivers are bad for me. I've tried using them on a number of occasions. Resolution/Monitor support is horrible. Best way I can describe them. I've found there is no hassles with 182.50 and I've stuck to these.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    thats coming from someone who uses a 280 as a physx card! sorry to butt in..but really why? why not sell the 280?

back on topic got these working with coh tov and nhancer beta. and cod w@w runs fine as well. posted a pic in another thread :)

11. stainer711

stainer711 Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 650/1160
    I'm going to stick with the drivers. Aside from resolutions and refresh rates being listed that my card doesn't support these drivers have been working very well.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  12. KrankFL

KrankFL Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 6850 PE/OC Cyclone
    These drivers work pretty well for my 8800 GTS 512 on windows xp, best so far.

13. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Just ran through some Half-Life 2 levels and I can confirm that the AO is working, and the weird color-inversion bug is gone. Will try Ep1 and Ep2 tonight.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I have no need to sell it. Simple as that. There are others out there who use a 280 for physx. I happened to get a good deal on my GTX 285 and just slid the 280 down. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

So yeah, I guess people never think about different situations, just what they would do.

@Ledhed...

You do this all the time, you say something back up and try to cover your tracks. I see it ALL the time. You say something that is completely different, then in another post contradict yourself. You just did it in your response to me. :)

Instead of confusing yourself just let the others alone who refuse to want to understand what you are telling them. My whole point was I caught you contradicting yourself.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    fine m8 but think its a waste of a perfectly good gpu. if u dont need to sell it give it to a friend/relative. or donate it 2 charity.

i think or i am at least 90 percent sure having a 280 as dedicated physx card when u have a 285 offers no performance increase at all. its like me keeping my old 260 with a 295. doesnt make sense to me. i stand to be corrected.

my first post was a bit rude and i am actually trying to be nice. why not sell the card and spend it on the lady of something buy her a present :)

or clothes etc...thats what i would do. but each to their own as it were. no offence!

16. Chastity

Chastity Guest

Except for the added load on the PSU, plus the additional heat into the case. I would think getting an old G92 card (8600 / 8800 / 98xx) would be a better Physx solution. Low PSU load, and minimal heat.

17. guitaro

guitaro Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 GTX
    Tell ya what, I'll swap you my 8800gtx for your 280 with a little extra cash in hand. What do you think? :)

18. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    HL2 Pepperland experience was awesome. I actually thought I was having a flash-back. lol

19. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    i dont know why but after installing this drivers i had core artifakts in sevral games like GTA 4 And HAWX

rolled back to 182.50 untill new drivers will be relesed

20. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    These drivers work fine for me on Vista 64 Bit and GF 8800 GTS 512. Stable FPS and good IQ. Tested with HAWX, FarCry 2, COD 4, COD 5, Crysis Warhead. DV is working, monitor support o.k.. Having no trouble so far. Haven't really tested if ambient occlusion is actually working or not. Might work it out with screenshots next.

Weird thing that this drivers lead to such different results....