ATI Catalyst 9.4 driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Decane, Apr 8, 2009.

1. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    I re-installed the 9.4 driver and the smoke looks normal now.
    I guess some old remenances of previous drivers were bugging me.
    I can't check the double-barrel gun, I haven't reached that experience level yet :(

2. sidewinder7

sidewinder7 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4850 512 mb
    I've gotten like 4 bluescreens after I installed this driver. Mostly with the irql_not_less_or_equal error.

3. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I'm on Vista 64 with a 4870 and haven't had any BSOD's... maybe something else on your system.... :confused:

4. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    That's totally a conflict. Any other recent installs? How did you install the driver? Maybe try installing it a different way..?

5. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    man this sh*t just rocks out of my computer. PCSX2 (PS2 Emu) now runs all games on 60FPS (before 48 as much)

so this are fuc*ing staying hell yeah

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    What version of PCSX2 u using?

7. smivs

smivs Active Member

GPU:
    scan 8800 gtx(duorb nfl
    sidewinder 7 im getting the same prob as u,ive tried everything i know to get it sorted but it wont work on my system,im now back at 9.2 and all is well.this is first cat driver ive been unable to use, any 1 else getting irql not less or equal

8. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    anyone here running WIN 7 7077 x64 using these 9.4´s ?

i can´t seem to get any overdrive options or 3D like aa af and so on

or is it so that there isn´t support for those things yet?

latest DX 9 march-09 is installed andit seems win 7 has .net 3.5.1 installed from scratch so that can´t be the issue?

9. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    latest one, 2x speed hack, cpu config is FPS limited to 60 (if i dont limit it just goes over :S). Playing dx10, 1280x1024. Blend bff slight blur 1/2 fps

if you're interested i tell you all the config

played virtua fighter 4 and tekken 5.

In game FRAPS FPS say 50 fps but If i dont limit fps it goes faster than normal, and the sound goes faster too. So Im limiting at 60 and its going great

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Why don't u send me the pcsx2 exe? or tell me the config.

11. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
  12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    thanx i check it tommorow.

13. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    I'm not using the escrow RC build you're using but I have overdrive and all the 3d settings in the CCC as normal. Win7 x64 build 70xx.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    There is only one thing I like that Nvidia does that ATI doesn't. Their latest drivers support products that are 2 to 3 generations older. Now when I think about it, it could be a waste to do support older cards like the x00 series, even some of the x1 series. But I don't think they should have dropped support for the x1950 series, seeing that's the first series of ATI cards to use the internal crossfire bridges.

To each their own I guess.

15. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It seems the drivers are updated, nothing special but the Vista drivers are now WHQL.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    True it is nice of companies to support products for longer. But in this case I think it is better to support newer hardware. Having to compensate for older hardware which has older technology may hinder/cap the performance of newer hardware with newer tech. For example the X1000 series and below did not use Stream Processors like the newer 2000 series and above. By concentrating on the newer technology within the current hardware, they can work harder at getting the most from the current chips.

17. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    I Could Tell You But Then
    The drivers are not problem, anymore. The 1950 and the 3850 agp video cards are up to date and working bug free! When some new software comes out and the driver crashs than there needs to be a driver update, than we have a problem, but that day as not come!

+1
    Yes they should be working to get the newest cards to work ! Buyers of cutting edge hardware need to have there problems fixed ASAP !

They fixed all the problems with the 1950/3850 agp, it took time but they did it.. People with the newest cards may need to wait for there hotfix to come..

18. RayderR6

RayderR6 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2
    I have been saving up for a positive experience and got one. I was sitting on 8.12 until a couple days ago and finally decided it was time for 9.4 despite the powerbug still present. I did use the slight 2D underclock profile to avoid the in/out of 3D app for a reset of the 2nd core and it works well.

Now for the good stuff:
    Huge improvement on Stalker CS, not so much MAX FPS, but really picked up the MIN FPS and likewise the AVG FPS. The MIN FPS just about doubled and is providing a very smooth gameplay with most of the eye candy.

MIN FPS were also raised in Crysis which is great for smooth play.

Lost Planet EC also got massive improvements, but I haven't quantified them yet.

I wasn't expecting nor did I need any GRID improvement, but AVG FPS with 8xAA and max eye candy went from 125 to 140 (single track result) on 1920x1080 res.

Of course, these improvements came along in 9.1-9.3, but the powerbug kept me on the sidelines for a bit. People may also complain about the time needed for these improvements as the games are already past their prime and they would not be undue, but it is the nature of the beast I suppose.

These 9.4 drivers also installed nicely over 8.12 (I use the Sapphire drivers), there was no need for uninstall of 8.12 and the nightmares that could ensue. I just double-clicked the file and went with it (the HDMI audio update, haven't looked into it yet, but real happy to see it).

Good stuff, now just fix the powerbug.

/end pleased rant

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  19. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    i got the CCC and all work in WINdows 7 so i´m ok
    now and Crysis runs a bit better than before warhead even better.

so hope fully all else goes well :)

20. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    This set doesnt seem work properly with HD4890 trifire or 3 way crossfire, the third one never kicks 3d clocks.

Anyone tried this?