ATI Catalyst 9.4 driver Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Decane, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Jesus Christ! The 9.4s JUST CAME OUT! Have some patience! Damn. Modded drivers rarely offer anything substantial anyway.

2. enoch

enoch Banned

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  3. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    These are still reading 9.3 in windows 7

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    A few people have had that where the driver wont even install through the Device Manager, its supposedly solved by installing the 9.4 Beta's, and then putting these on over the top.

5. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    I Could Tell You But Then

I can tell you that 9.2 and 9.3 hotfix drivers work perfect , no bugs with both AGP 1950/3850 !!! Have not tried 9.4 as of yet , no need to, all is good in the AGP world !!! Finally driver peace..

6. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    yea 9.3s work great.

7. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
  8. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    If people check the custom catalyst install, they might notice something. The driver is unsigned and fails to appear on the inventory of install options.

I installed the 9.4's everything was great, until last night when I tried to play MKV... oh dear. This has to be the only messed up set of catalyst I've ever had. :3eyes:

Oh well there's nothing wrong with the older W7 versions...

9. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    It does say the 9.4 are faster than the 9.3 which they say was one of the worse drivers ever , yet the AGP 1950/3850 working great with the 9.3 driver , haven't said that in a long time !!! I think I'll try them out soon.. I know I'm really pushing my luck. All I need is a six-pack and I'm good to go...
    Tell you about it later ..

10. Tilyth

Tilyth New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT
    Solution for Win 7 build 7077

Hi, just noticed that no one mentioned the obvious solution for this. After the driver package has been unzipped, just go to where the installer is and right click on Setup.exe -> Troubleshoot Compatibility, then select Troubleshoot Program, select worked with prev win versions -> vista sp1. And it works now. Its a little bit weird since these drivers are supposedly for Win 7.

11. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Stalker CS runs way better with 9.4 for me.

12. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Compared to 9.3?

13. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Yes, and even from other versions, it runs better. In garbage i had a lot of performance issues now its a lot better. I can run the game now at high dx10.1 with ultra sun, low sun shafts and no SSAO. There is some stuttering thou but less.

14. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    9.4 hotfix won't load with a 1950pro agp card , error said in can't find hardware. Will try with 3850 agp later today. I can say at this time both AGP cards run bug free with 9.2and 9.3 hotfixs. This is with windows XPsp3 32bit..

Update....

9.4 hotfix runs perfectly with the APG 3850 !!!

15% boost in FPS and looks much sharper with the TEST on the demo of H.A.W.X :)

The good news is no need for costly hardware upgrades to run the newest software, ATI pulls though and makes good on the 1950/3850 AGP video cards , Alot of people will be taking back what they said about ATI and more will change there minds about ATI support..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  15. dabooga

dabooga Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
    its a shame, the 9.4 neither the 9.4 AGP hotfix is compatible with my card. GUESS ITS UPGRADE TIEM.
    9.3s are aite still.

16. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    All pre HD 2xxx cards were dropped remember? Your 1950 Pro is stuck with 9.3 forever. Good to hear that there is a performance boost, has anyone benched a HD 2600 Pro? If so, tell me or I'll bench myself.

Off topic I know, but could anyone tell me the best version for the 9800 Pro, I benched 5089 in ATT Benchmark at 415/370, with 8.12. I made some rudimentary ramsinks out of staple clips and it increased it to 5270 (3.5% gain). I'll post a pic if everyone wants... :nerd:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  17. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    Ever say ever.. I use the 1950pro just to play DVDs stored on my harddrive to feed my 46 LCD tv. The 9.3 should be good for a year or two. The good thing about the 9.2/9.3 drivers is that it added 24hz to the 1080p output !!
    Plus it plays the newest demos, this PC not good for hardcore gaming (1950pro) but is nice to see things on the big screen, FSX and gaming (shooter) is real eye candy and is playable with all the cheats (I'm older and slower, but wiser). . I really don't want to upgrade cause gaming not important to me now , been doing it for ten years and it getting old and not worth the big bucks anymore to me , I still like seeing it and whats new.. ATI did a nice comeback for users of AGP cards.. I'm sure ATI is working on were the money is, the newest hardware, but its nice to see they still will throw a bone to this old dog.

When the 1950pro becomes useless than I'll use the 3850 the driver support should last longer . Than it will be time for a new pc. I'll just skip the whole VISTA era..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  18. Feneeth of Borg

Feneeth of Borg Member Guru

GPU:
    HP ENVY RTX 2080 LM
    I was simply stating fact, and leave Vista out of this, considering its the wrong place, and you haven't given any reason.

Right, I benched my HD 2600 and it dropped 100 pts in ATT.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  19. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    I was just saying VISTA as a time frame, my point was that my next new pc will be running with the next OS system after vista, thats all, it just may take that long to NEED for me upgrade..

What driver were you using before the loss ,and what is ATT ?

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Im glad it is not just me who is getting this. Try and shoot the long double barrel shotgun and look at the flash at the end of the gun to me it looks like a big white circle as if the flash animation is not there. Very weird indeed.