Bethesda confirmes new content for Oblivion? Expansion or DLC!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Keitosha, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    At least the're still supporting their games unlike EA for example. EA releases a game and it dies a quick death (Spore hype, no patches anymore or expansions, just a lame add on pack and NFS, FIFA..... need to go on?).

I've sent Pete Hines a PM about this and his response was that we'll have to wait an see since there will be a big surprise regarding Oblivion. They might even want to pick up support for Morrowind in forms of new DLC and that game was released in 2002. :banana:

I hope the new DLC/expansion will reveal something about TES5, just like what Morrowinds Tribunal expansion did. Tribunal was a warming up for the Oblivion crisis. ;)

Kudos to Bethsoft!!!

EDIT:

I'm replaying Oblivion now since i finished GTA4 last week and i'm enjoying Cyrodiil quite a bit again. I'm very happy with this news.
    Despite its age, Oblivion still looks pretty good.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Good news, Oblivion's one of the few games that I specifically upgraded my hardware for, looking forward to this.

3. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    Awesome! I just reinstalled Oblivion, and modded the hell out of it. It is now so much better than the first time I played it. The graphics look better than fallout 3 now. And since the game is better I can't wait for something new to be released!

4. GandalfGreyhelm

GandalfGreyhelm Member

GPU:
    GTX280 SLi / 9600GT PhysX
    Great news! Both regarding DLC / Expansion and the possible release of Oblivion V.

For me. as an old time table-top RPGer, Oblivion was (and still is) the closest I ever came to recreating that experience on a PC.

And kudos to Bethesda - if only other companies were as supportive and as interested in the long - term regarding their products.

I wonder if the new Oblivion will be as PC - crippling as the old one was when it first appeared? :)

G. G.

5. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Well atleast I hope to see a new engine not that crap Oblivion engine that Fallout 3 uses:bang:

If it'll be a new engine, then you most certainly can bet that it'll be Jack The Ripper of PC:p

6. LC-san

LC-san Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 GT 512mb x2
    I was overly excited to start playing Oblivion. And to think, I began playing it on an ATI 9800 All-in -Wonder. My computer was doing barrel rolls in it's already partial grave. When it came it that engine was great, and it pisses me off so bad they reused it in Fallout 3. It's like I'm playing Oblivion all over again, just on one big mod. More content for TES4: Oblivion... if it's just a DLC I'll pass it and say they're wasting their time (who the hell wanted the horse armour?). If it's an expansion like the Shivering Isles, woo I'll re-install it back on my computer, and get that sucker. Mass Effect 2 shall be amazing, and the TES5 even better. I really hope they keep the same concept as Oblivion and just massivley improve upon it (dunno what there is to really ... improve upon). Welp either way I shall wait to see what comes out and when.

7. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I had a much better experience with Fallout 3 mainly because it was actually optimized. Oblivion lacked optimization COMPLETELY and to this day standing in a certian spot would lower my framerate below 20. I haven't tried it on my i7 but I'm sure it will happen. Granted that is with 4xAA (adaptive as well) and 16xAF and that massive texture pack with draw distance tweaks..etc.

8. Bravo

Bravo Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 9600GT 512MB
    I have 2xAA and 16x AF and my framerates are 30+ always. With Qarls Texture Pack 3 and distance texture packs...in addition to natural mods, and a lot of other mods. The game looks way better than Fallout 3. You're PC will tear through it now.

9. LC-san

LC-san Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 GT 512mb x2
    I'll agree with you on that, but the only thing is, it had TOO much of the same feel. I was expecting something.. refreshing and different (WWIII, mutants and the VATS didn't do it for me :p). Too me it's just how they kinda you know... Reused Oblivion.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I really liked Oblivion when it first came out. Grew tired of it pretty quick though. Not much interested in new content.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    finally someone that is sane about this subject!

Seriously guys i don't see why you all are excited over this, are you REALLY going to go play the entire game over again, spend your money, etc. just so you can get a side mission and some extra armor again? Makes absolutely no sense

As to the guy saying at least they are supporting their products, true, that is good, but i must remind you again that this is not a multiplayer game, this is just a marketing ploy to get some people to buy something that isn't needed in the game that is not a full on expansion pack with an entire new area and/or new stuff to be able to play with friends against online, it's just like one of the Bioshock patches (though at least that was FREE!) it added some new content into the game........on a single player game....the only people that would be able to really even enjoy it is people who have never bought the game and is more of a reason for someone to buy it, but bioshock isn't multiplayer either! That, and this, is nothing that anyone who have played the game (and since it's 3 years old, most people who actually wanted to play the game, should have already) should get excited over, and again, they really should not be making this, and instead, they should be focusing on the next elder scrolls, and only that, only if this was multiplayer or if it had major bugs that they were fixing i'd say differently, but extra content, not needed.

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    yeah extra stuff in a single player rpg is pretty pointless. unless it add a bunch more to the story i wouldnt bother. i wont be bothering anyway, i didnt even like oblivion

13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Sorry for not seeing it earlier. You sir are correct! Oblivion is stupid, too old and doesn't need any more content. Extra content is only meant for multiplayer games. Damn them singleplayer games!! :biggun:

Thanks for enlightening me!

14. .Rain

.Rain Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    i agree on this one. they should be focusing on making a new title rather than a dlc for a game that is 3 yrs old. If it's a huge expansion which adds new story, maps, items and weapons or even graphic tweaks, then sure it may be worth it....but then again why not just realease oblivion V instead?

15. LC-san

LC-san Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 GT 512mb x2
    Well like I've already said, if it's gonna be some downloadable content like some armour and some worthless crap, I'll pass. If it's another Shivering isles, I'll spend the money to preoccupy me for a couple of hours. It's like they are giving us something to do while we wait on the next game lol.

16. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    It also depends on what kind of DLC. I also don't want another "house" DLC.
    We have the Wizard Tower, Thieves Den, Fighters Stronghold and one other i think which is enough.

Another KotN kinda like DLC would also be nice.

17. LC-san

LC-san Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800 GT 512mb x2
    KotN was cool, I'm sorry. The fact you had to go hunt for a great armour sad is awesome. Even better the armour set grows with you. Put it on the stand and take it back and all the stats have grown with you. Nice! lol

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    good news, will have to take off the dust of my two savegames (which is a lot for me, i dont usually re-play games:p), they have to be on my documents folder *cross fingers*

if its a new questline, ill do it, if not... gb :p

19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Yes, KotN is how every DLC should have been.
    The Orrery is nice, but for the most of us completely useless. Don't get me started on the horse armor.

I really hope for a big DLC or even a full expansion this time, just like what they did with Morrowind and Bloodmoon, which was also released a few years after Morrowind.

And of course more TES lore would be nice.

EDIT:

WTF???? Now the're not planning any content!!! :puke2: In fact, Bethsoft doesn't know what will be done. :puke2:

From the official TES forum by a Bethsoft developer:

The source

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  20. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    It's that mods that make oblivion. Vanilla Oblivion is a pretty poor , where as oblivion with
    FCOM + Deadly Reflex mods and plenty of others is a much better game.