ForceWare 185.68 Beta VISTA & XP | Download | Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GandalfGreyhelm, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Works fine for me using my dual 8800GTX's. Is the resolution set correctly for the 1080p monitor? Mine always defaults to 1600x1200 for some reason, pisses me off.

2. jeffrey92

jeffrey92 New Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285
    Well I'm not sure yet. I haven't tried only plugging one in. But right now I have them both plugged in but under "Set up multiple displays" I only have one nView display mode option which is "use one display". I don't keep my plasma running all the time obviously so does it have to be turned on when you boot for the card to detect it? It just seems strange because it was just working a couple hours ago when I had the 182 driver installed.

UPDATE: Nevermind, it seems that a restart got it all to work. My tv is working fine as an extended desktop @1080x1920

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  3. mesterial

mesterial Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 295GTX (1792Mo)
    MPC with DXVA requires to disable SLI, but without DXVA I can't see the problem...

4. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    I don't know. I can't get this driver to work. I have tried the one from nvidia and DOX's custom-driver. They install fine (I think), but at restart just before the blue Welcome-screen it freeze.

Is your GTX260 the old or the new model? (It's a pain in the a.. that Nvidia give different cards the same name). Mine is the old one, and maybee it is because of that, that this driver won't run. 182.50 installs and run just fine, so something has changed to the worse.

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    hmm my issues came from the windows 7 build 7077 i was testing as the same drivers working great in build 7068. Then there working great in my Vista boot too.

6. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    DOX drivers make my mouse cursor to slow down... back to nvidia drivers.

7. stainer711

stainer711 Member

GPU:
    gtx 260 650/1160
    I was supposed to have received the old one with 192 cores, but I believe that I got the 216 core version shipped to me instead because GPUZ says I have 216 cores.

8. Delerue

Delerue Member

GPU:
    Zogis 9600GT
    Tested with WinXp, both x86 and x64. NVCpui.exe still buggy (doesn't close and doesn't save if you change some settings, like Dynamic range), and now my USB mouse isn't working anymore. Backing to the good and old 180.42, and everything seems to back to normal.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I noticed that with these drivers I'm stuck in 3D clocks at all times (so I underclock it as much as possible), does anyone else have the same problem?

10. alxtorrentazos

alxtorrentazos Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060 OC
    Having some issues with 7077 too.......Eset Smart Security 4.0417´s firewall crashes windows when I try to connect to internet (BSOD)......It was ok in 7057 version :(
    Bill Gates should stop leaking for marketing purposes. he he he.....This is the most leaked OS in history ;)
    Someone call a plumber :p

11. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    can someone mod the drivers for the 8400gs series, please.

12. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
  13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Well, I'd like to point at a very nasty issue I've just experienced in Team Fortress 2 moments ago with those drivers. But first of all I'd like to mention my system's basic configurations and in-game settings (who knows, maybe some drivers engineer from NVIDIA could read this and try to replicate the bug and try to fix it for a future ForceWare release). My system's hardware can be seen on the left under my nickname. As for the operating system that bug occurred on my Windows XP SP3 x86 partition. I still haven't tested the 185.68 on my Vista Home Premium x64 partition. Also, I'd like to mention that none of my hardware has been over-clocked, absolutely each components run at default frequencies and everything in my BIOS's M.I.T section runs under complete default/auto settings.

Now, the in-game settings in TF2 used are as follows: 1280x960, 8x QAA (with "Transparency" set at "Multisampling" in NVIDIA's control panel), 16x AF, everything else at the highest settings. I've also disabled the new multi-core option under advanced settings. Now, with all that said, I experienced what I'd call a "semi-crash". What happened was that after a good two hours of game-play the game eventually and very suddenly froze, with the latest sound played under a constant loop (at the moment the freezing occurred someone was talking using his microphone, so the last word he said and the last environmental sounds heard were repeating themselves in a loop while the screen was frozen). So, I was about to hard-reset my system when all of a sudden the screen's freezing stopped, and the sounds worked again, and basically the game itself worked again as if nothing happened... but... there was a very nasty visual consequence to that freezing issue. And yes I took pictures of them, and here they are:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, not seen in those pictures, the main menu's GUI (text, such as "Options", "Disconnect", "Find Servers", etc) was screwed up as well, where each letters were changed into what looked like a bar code, formed up of aligned rectangles of the same sizes. It was a complete mess. So, suffice it to say that I've immediately reverted back to the ForceWare 182.50 I've had before. And please note that the bug I describe here has happened two times, but the first time it happened the screen never went out of the freezing part, and I had to hard-reset the system. I also experienced a screen freeze followed by a system crash in Warhammer 40,000: Soulstorm with those beta drivers.

I just wanted to point at the problem. Maybe someone else here also experienced it, and if that's the case then rest assured that it's not your hardware failing on you, it's something wrong with the beta drivers, that's for sure. But since it's beta then it's always good to report any issues found, which I'm doing here, just in case someone from NVIDIA can take a look at it, and for informational purposes for the readers here in general.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  14. Einhanderkiller

Einhanderkiller Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870
    I love that TF2 bug. It makes the game look so awesome.

15. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    I get an error that it can't find a .dll file when installing these drivers... gonna stick with the 185.66 drivers...

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    which is exactly what i said on page 6, something is seriously fuxx0red with those drivers and monitor/refresh/performance etc.

it's beta though, problems are to be expected, some betas work 100% some are crap. :wanker:

17. Baleur

Baleur Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Yeah the LoD on the troops in Empire Total War is completely screwed up. They turn into sprites at a stone-throw away.
    This is a setting which you cant change (or rather, the highest unit detail setting is too low), that the lazy devs gotta change themselves in a patch though, and wont be fixed by new drivers.

18. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    I've noticed a few issues with this driver particularly in COD 4. Other games I have work fine but this driver kills my FPS in COD 4. Since COD 4 is the only game I'm playing right now that supports Ambient Occlusion, I find this rather annoying. I am actually using the 185.66 right now and FPS is fine.

Anywho, I normally play multiplayer in COD at 1680x1050 with the cpl settings at the following.
    -High Quality
    -AF - 16
    -AA - Enhance 8xQ
    - Transparency - off

With those settings I get a constant 91 FPS on all maps at all times. (FYI max in multiplayer COD is 85 but Fraps always says 91.) With the 185.68 driver I almost never get above 80-85 and during fire fights (especially on maps like Creek and Overgrown with lots of vegitation) it's been dropping all the way down to 35-40 at times. This is with AO on and off both it doesn't seem to matter from an FPS standpoint. I also had to set AA and AF back to Application controlled otherwise the FPS was even worse.

Anywho because of that I had to back to the 185.66 like I said. Here's where the other weird issue comes into play. When I turn AO on with the 185.68 it's fairly obvious that it's on so I know what I should be looking for to see the difference. When I turn it on with the 185.66 it does not work in COD 4. The only other games I can test this on are Bioshock and UT3 but wont have time till later today. Anyone else have problems with AO either killing FPS or not working at all?

19. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    had this went back to 185.50 .

20. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I had to go back to 182.50 WHQL because of the problems with this driver and instability/artifacts, all of the 185.** drivers currently are problematic with my setup.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009