ForceWare 185.68 Beta VISTA & XP | Download | Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GandalfGreyhelm, Apr 8, 2009.

1. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    No. No they can not. Thank you for asking.
    It's BETA! That means there will be bugs.
    Don't like it? Don't run Betas.

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    It said the same thing but it in up installing any way for me and it works for me. And this is in my vista x64 boot.

3. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Looks like I'm gonna wait to try out this series of drivers. I've been playing a lot of FC2 and don't feel like trying to aim through black squares.

4. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    Oddly if I install in safe mode (which I normally do) I don't get this error but Nvidia control panel dosen't install. If I install in a normal boot I get this error but everything seems to work fine. I'll play around with this driver a bit more today. I doubt that it's the os because I have never had this error while installing any other driver.

5. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Member Guru

GPU:
    7950 crossfire
    What other games are you noticeing those odd spots in? I didn't have these, that I noticed, in 185.65 or 66.

I also forgot to mention that occasionally this driver does not reboot the system when I hit finish after installing so I have to restart through windows.

6. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Beta drivers are welcome, if I can get more performance, is a good thing.
    I try to use these drivers.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Really? Why would you presume to speak for everyone else? After all, you speak so poorly for yourself.:banana:

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Did you use driver sweeper? I didn't. I installed directly over a fresh install of the 182.08 driver.

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

nvcpl32.dll could not be installed

10. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    After trying these out, I've gone back to 182.50 WHQL which seem rock solid for me. As mentioned by a previous post, dxdiag showed my vid card only have 394mb of ram (although not sure if this makes a difference playing games or not).

But I noticed in HL2 that the edges of water were almost glowing bright green and I too had the Control Panel unable to load message when installing but it was actually ok after a reboot.

Just think that there's still some way to go with these drivers so for now I'm sticking with the 182.50s.

11. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    confirmed disabling AO fixes the black box artifacts in FC2

12. Valagard

Valagard Guest

AO on in TF2 I get a 60% performance drop

13. em_dinesh

em_dinesh Member Guru

GPU:
    GBE 460 SOC
    I've problem with 185.22, 185.66 and 185.68 drivers in Devil may cry 4 benchmark. The FPS goes from 85 to 33 in benchmark but i've noticed slight FPS increase in 3D Mark Vantage (but graph curve is not smooth).However, I say these driver are not good at all. Hope someone will give a try like me and waiting to hear from them in case if im wrong.

14. Valagard

Valagard Guest

In achievement box 3 map in TF2, I got 270FPS, with 182.50

With 185.68, I get 250FPS

185.68 does not crash TF2, neither did 185.65, but .66 did
    However 185.68 has a installer error where it does not install some nvcpl.dll file, but works fine without it.

15. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Update: When I install the drivers, it says it does not install NVCPL.dll, but after a removal, safe mode, driver cleaner, then reboot to windows desktop windows informed me that key files were missing for the drivers.

After install of 185.68, the file did install, even though the installer itself was reporting a error that it was not installing

16. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Confirmed that Unigine Tropics has many graphical errors including screen-blanking during the sunrise scene.
    Basically betas have been blowing complete ass on my system. HUGE BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. mesterial

mesterial Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 295GTX (1792Mo)
    AT LAST, someone wise listening to me...

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    These drivers are working great for me on my GTX260 c216 55nm that came.Tried bunch of games no problems so far. In both of my boots.

19. <3PowerGlove

<3PowerGlove New Member

GPU:
    evga GTX570 Classified x2
    These drivers seem smooth in source games and FC2, those being the only games I've tested. AO must be off for FC2 though, the screen is mostly black otherwise due to the previously mentioned bug.

I have had one critical problem though that will force me to roll back to 182.50, and that is fullscreen video with Media Player Classic causes and instant BSOD with stop error 0x116. This points to "nvidia driver" as the culprit. It's a shame because the drivers are smooth as butter for most games, and other media players (WMP, GOM Player) seem to work fine, whereas MPC will lockup without fail on fullscreen. It may have something to do with the codecs in use by MPC, but I'll just wait for more refined drivers.

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    That strange I was watching a movie in full screren in MPC like a couple of mins ago. It did not lock up at all, and this was in my windows 7 boot using the GPU accelerated MPC.