ForceWare 185.68 Beta VISTA & XP | Download | Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GandalfGreyhelm, Apr 8, 2009.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Because Dx10 is faster then DX9 in far cry 2. Thats why I would play it in Dx10. Yes it faster I dont remember where but they did a compare.

2. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    DX10 uses more power from ur vga,if u compare the dx9 and dx9 games run godly xD in dx9
    but i agree in fc2 this is no difrence as i own it too!

3. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Yup - did you disable one (or both) from starting up?

4. Mchart

Mchart Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470
    It should be noted that this driver isn't needed for the new riddick game. I picked it up today, installed, and the 'nvidia reccomended' setting for SLI and the new riddick game is just AFR 1. So if you have the new riddick game, don't bother with this driver. It doesn't actually give you an appropriate profile for the game, just use AFR1. AFR1 seems to work well for SLI in riddick anyways.

5. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
  6. mesterial

mesterial Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 295GTX (1792Mo)
    Hi,
    I have a 295, but I don't see any SLI AA option in the control panel... :3eyes: :wanker:

AO in Lost Planet gives big far black squares, in GRID too (like it was rendered just in the first hundred meters, then big squares) but cars are beautiful (yet if there is more than one on the screen it becomes slowwww), and in HL2 it's fine!! My overall feeling about AO : except from GRID, more AO shadows would be realistic, pictures are like using 185.35 AO on low. If there is a light spot between you and an AO shadow, you only see the light dazzling you PLUS the AO shadow... :gape: (Ok, I know AO is still in alpha stat)

Great drivers though, performance is outstanding!! :)

7. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Anyone else noticing two instances of the 'nvidia driver helper service' running in Vista 64?

Yes...and the 185.66's also do the same thing. Notice that each instance uses a different amount of memory space. I am not sure that it is a mistake. Can anyone else shed some light on this?

Thanks

8. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    DX10 is faster?:3eyes: I will try it right away:banana:

9. skunksmash

skunksmash Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970 + GTX260
    it does mate........ just keep trying, it took me 3 attempts from the NV site to get it...

:)SK

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Then you're blind or you have crappy monitor. Your call.:3eyes:

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You're correct. Doesn't seem to cause any issues. This driver works very nice. No lock ups. Display issues in Source games fixed. I just played through a a good portion of the Pitt in FO3 and the graphics are beautiful and very smooth.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  12. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    I can't get these to work. Uninstall 182.50 in control-panel, reboot into safe-mode, use DriverSweeper, reboot into normal windows, clicking "Cancel" when promted for new hardware found, dobb.click on "185.68_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_beta.exe". The driverpackage runs fine (it seems), but when it is finished it does NOT want me to reboot. The driver is not active though recording to Rivatuner. I then reboot manually, but just before switching to the blue "Welcome"screen it freezes, and I have to use RESET-switch.
    Is it because Rivatuner and this beta-driver can't work together? This is the first driver ever I have given up on installing.

Anybody have an idea?

13. skunksmash

skunksmash Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970 + GTX260
    i had an EPIC nightmare trying to install 185.66 ......it actually stopped my rig posting at one point (god knows how that was possible)

this is how i got around it...

uninstall the old GPU driver through the device manager..

reboot & enter ''safe mode''

install 185.66

reboot..

& it should work, it may show just a black screen past the splash, so you'll have to manually reset.... it will work now

this ''song & dance'' with the drivers is not just with this version, its been happening for the last 6-7

:)SK

14. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I tried those new drivers on my XP SP3 x86 partition, and to be honest I am blown away by the increased performance in Crysis (Benchmark Tool). I tried a 1-Loop test (that's three passes by default) at 1280x960, with 4x AA and 16x AF (forced via RivaTuner, since Crysis doesn't officially support AF, it's not present in the in-game options), and I got a minimum of 33FPS and a maximum of 63FPS.

It's the first time I not only reach but actually go above the 60FPS mark under those settings. With previous drivers the minimum FPS was about the same, but the maximum was never above 53FPS or 54FPS, I literally gained +10FPS in the maximum side of the performance, with a mere drivers change, for me it's the first time I notice such a tangible real-world difference in a game by simply switching drivers (it's usually only noticeable in synthetic benchmarks with little to no differences in games themselves).

I haven't tested other games so far but if I notice other improvements in other games I'll be sure to edit my post and let you guys know. I'll also have to try it in my Vista x64 partition.

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Just use an older driver version and make your own NvApps.xml profiles, then replace the new one with the one you made.
    You can even delete the NvApps.xm_ from the driver installation and replace it with your own.

16. live4life

live4life Banned

GPU:
    Asus EnGTX295
    lol think what i mean!!!!!!!!!m8 i wanna say dx9 gives more speed and i mean no IQ ok? ok ok:banana:

17. El_Presidente

El_Presidente Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Sitrix SLI
    New drivers again. It would be better to do one drivers well and do less releases.
    Gonna try them anyway, hope these are better than 185,65.

18. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    Last time I read guru3d review of GTX 295, FC2 indeed was faster in DX10 than in DX9....

19. c4lamity

c4lamity Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 / BenQ FP241W
    Tested these in GTA 4, Crysis Warhead. Both crash. 3dmark Vantage score is down from 185.20, my favorite driver so far. I'm gonna switch back 185.20. Once again.

At least in CS:S the colors are back to normal.

20. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Yay, Hl2 is fixed.
    AO is kinda fake, though..

WOW AO!
    [​IMG]

*turns a few degrees*

[​IMG]

AO is still enabled!

I also notice the 'sun spots' mentioned in previous posts. Very weird spots, which move as you move...