Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Coolchris

Coolchris Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 512mb GForce 8800GT
    That one is from 19 Feb. Already got it when it first came out according to the site.
    21 March??

2. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    I found somethin Gents :)

I read the changelog Tinuva posted and it didnt look right.... I remember pissin and moanin about the lack of updates for the period of time spent in developement. Others agreed that a Korean lang fix and a right click menu was poor as well given the length of time between updates. Take a look at this!

Heres the original announcement from Devla a few pages back:

And here is the "new" changelog still referencing the old 1.1 from Feb:

A bit diff there wouldnt you say? They added the improved encoding efficiency line to the list of improvements. This directly addresses my lag problem which i have been reporting as getting better and better as drivers get released \ Windows 7 gets improved. I also note that the DTS Neo upmix Bug was REMOVED from the "new" changelog. Very curious. I'm gonna get this driver pack again and compare it file for file with the 1.1 I DL'd when it came out initially.... if there are any differences in any sizes \ versions I'll for sure keep you gents posted.

Good find Tinuva.... even if the drivers are the same theres something worth lookin into here

Zyro

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  3. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Hang on so why not rename driver to 1.2 ? Dam confusing this .. so if i download this 1.1 now , it is a later version than .1.1 19th of feb .. :3eyes:

I am confused as a Baby Raccoon...:)

:pc1: :)

4. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    They appear to be the same in every way. So far I see no version differences... all the sizes seem the same.

It almost looks like they "forgot" to include the fact that the encoder was sped up and stabilized and "forgot" to mention the DTS bug was corrected.

I dont get it either.... why the ommissions? Why the change to the improvements silently?

Still working on the compare.... maybe somethin will turn up.... if somethin does then I'm with U Nam. Why not call this ver 1.2? or 1.11 or somethin

Zyro

5. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Yea does look like they missed posting the changlog .. they should do version 1.1/2 :)

6. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    I guess its possible they edited the announcement on the 21st March, and that made it re-appear on my RSS reader?

If so then my mistake for thinking its actually a new driver. I have lost track somewhere, since I am still on RC8.0 anyways with no problems on Vista x64. I know, too lazy to re-install, but I see no need while my PC is working just fine.

7. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    the S/PDIF TOSLINK Optical Digital Cable you get with the card has anyone bought a better one and found any sound differance..

i have changed Coax leads before well over the years on m home system .. but with this being a Optical lead (light and all that) will it make a differance ..

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i don't think there'll be much of a difference in sound quality by getting a better cable. as we all know, it's a light signal that transmits the data over the fiber connection. Not like having a gold connection will help or anything like that.

9. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    yea that is what i was thinking.. but the cable i am looking at does look good:)

10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    that's always fair enough. ;)

11. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    so stay with the standard lead?

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    what I meant is that you're not sure if there's gonna be any noticeable difference in quality, but at least you know you're gonna like it based on the looks. don't take me too seriously, though.

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    it's also surprising exactly how flexible the fiber optic cable is, too. I mean... i'm not really forcing it, but even just by how much it'll bend on it's own accord is surprising.... for being glass fibers anyway.

14. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    yea understand ... seriously me never lol ..

15. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    yea seen few optic cables that are not made to bend , i.e makers heavy as well .. not good really as there designed to just pop out of socket.. odd ..

16. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Just one question out of sheer curiosity...

does the prelude need the resampling: 44.1khz => 48.0khz, in media players (foobar2000, winamp, etc) that its ancestors (live, audigy) needed?

17. angershark

angershark Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    If you mean 44.1 --> 48.0 --> 44.1 , then no, at least not in audio creation mode over the digital output with the volume sliders maxed or bit matched playback enabled.

18. ltrave

ltrave New Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB
    Troubles in Paradise - W7 64-bit Drivers

So, is anyone else having trouble getting their Prelude to work in Windows 7? I have tried the drivers on Auzen's website as well as Daniel_K's "Support Pack". I am confident in my ability to install drivers however I just can't seem to get these to work correctly. These things have a way of making a guy feel rather incompetent. LOL :bang:

Just to clarify and lay all important variables on the table, I have tried installing Auzen's drivers while in Vista Compatibility mode (Does it matter if it's SP1 or SP2?) as well as default. I have not yet tried to do this with K's pack but I might do that shortly. Getting rid of driver/software remnants and restarting ~10 times really starts to get old.

I understand that Windows 7 is still BETA and is not on Auzen's priority list and I completely understand that but man, I just can't go back to my on-board audio. It's unbearable.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You try disabling UAC and then installing it, as I think that would mess with the drivers not wanting to install.

I dont have a prelude any more so I cant walk you thru it, but these guys can.

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    uuh.... i've never had to disable UAC or anything to install the Prelude drivers. I have the latest ones from Auzentech's site.... and i just install them as usual. Since i have both the analog and fiber optic cables attached, it defaults to the fiber optic, and i just have to switch it back. If the drivers installed fine, check the playback devices section if you right-click the volume icon in the system tray. It might have something else set as the default.