Sacred 2 Patch 2.40 now available.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Whiteraven, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    the only thing i cant love is : camera angles its not enough. why it limits ur angle? i mean when i close the camera, zoom i mean; to the character; icant see the FRONT, the ahead of the hero..this is not acceptable..isnt there a way to modify something to let it happen? this is ridiculous :(

2. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thats great input! i thank you with my best regards :)

4. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Hmm, I might have to patch and try it out some more this weekend.

I haven't played since I beat the game with my closed net character.

If you guys see anyone by the name of Diamata or Jadugar...holla :)

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i picked up the ..that ancient Egypt figure hero(what a lol description Mr.Bigtime!). That DOG looking guy .IMOA..i cant get lower than this :D

Anyway, his left arm is powerful than many weapons on the arsenal :) the laser arm i mean. he doesn't look COOL but with some armor on, he looks better :)..Iam playing Bronze difficulty. Tried SILVER too but damn u die easily. it is NO RUSH SIR difficulty. i turned back BRONZE :)

6. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    It's a temple guardian ^^
    And yeah there's no need to hurry... if you discover the game, the bronze difficulty is the right choice.

7. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    It does get overly easy though, which I don't like.

My high elf is around lvl 50 or so in silver closed net. I can't take very many hits, but I can wipe an entire screen worth of enemies with 1 spell, and I can cast it every 2 seconds or so. Pretty boring TBQH.

I think I should roll up a Blowgun Dryad or some Temple Guardian build.

8. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I didn't reach Niob difficulty yet (my high elf is currently lvl 123, closed net, platinum difficulty), and it's still a bit easy...I have to watch out sometimes when I fight certain types of ennemies (and I now have to watch out for the "damage overt time" bug that was fixed with yesterday's update), but overall I agree it's easy. But it's still fun for me (mindless killing ^^)
    I made a video, 3 days ago, of my high elf killing dragon bosses :nerd:

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u love this game. its clear. and here is a sloution to CAMERA ANGLE which is working. i tested myself and this is GREAT. EVERY SACRED 2 LOVER MUST TRY THIS!

This is the Source:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/showthread.php?t=52928

It works...and now game is at BEST!

10. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    I just tried this modification, and the camera is way better.
    I just wish the "zooming/dezooming" speed was faster...and I had the ability to remap the mouse buttons (right click for the camera).
    But other than that, thank you it's better now :)

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, loads better, thanks.

12. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    (2X) BFG 8800GTS OC 640mb
    ALSO if you want the game to skip the Videos and go straight to the char select screen then add this to the optionsCustom.txt

render = {
    videos = 0,
    }

13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    So, what's your guys overall impression of this game? I'm looking for something that plays similar to the Diablo series. The last game that I thought came close was Titan Quest.

I just ordered the Collector's Edition version so I that I can use the upgraded textures and hope that I didn't flush $55 down the toilet.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Here's that comparison of the so called "Elite" textures, as I said in another thread they're basically twice the resolution and less compressed.
    (That's kinda like 1024x1024 DXT5 DDS instead of 512x512 DXT1 DDS as far as I know.)

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,661759/Sacred-2-Default-textures-versus-Elite-Graphics/News/

PhysX addon is also very nice and works OK with a AGEIA card but I'm sure better results would be had with a GTX 280 (Game is demanding so using a single card for both GPU graphics tasks and PhysX will be a bit strenous for it.)

As for the game itself what to say?

Several different classes with totally different playstyles and equipment layouts such as the shadow warrior being able to use heavier weapons and the dryad being able to use blowguns.

TONS of quests, easily over 100 hours of playtime just trying to do all of them and the rewards you get are very varied but doing a lot of quests in a row might be a bit repetetive.

TONS of easter-eggs and secrets as well from gravestone messages to odd items and NPC's plus your characters one-liner comments.
    (Might get a bit silly at times though but it's like that in Sacred 1 as well.)

Massive gameworld with a lot of varied regions to visit and explore to find all sorts of stuff in it, regions also scale depending on difficulty level but only to a pre-set level so you'll eventually overpower enemies once you gain a few levels.
    (Low level enemies also yields less XP while high level enemies yield more.)

Frequent updates and patches, this 2.40 patch added PhysX improvememnts and a few new boss monsters with new quests plus fixes and balance changes and the previous 2.34 patch added a christmas isle with new foes and rewards though it's disabled in 2.40 as the season has passed.

Game might be a bit much at times with so much to do and the constant combat with tons of enemies though but I find it very fun.
    (Can also play MP and even co-op)

Mods also work due to how easy it is to change stuff in the game but aren't supported online as it's a exploit of sorts.

Oh and there's two campaigns that while similar play out differently, a shadow "evil" campaign and a light "good" campaign that most characters can choose between albeit the Seraphim is only good with the Inquisitor being evil only.
    (Various deity powers also limited by which campaign you play but that's only for the two most extreme ones.)

Visuals are solid and the game runs pretty well, easily tweakable further though by editing the config xml file such as adjusting camera properties and similar.

Hope this helps a bit with explaining about the game, it's not for everyone but if you liked games like the classic Diablo series and similar you might enjoy this title.
    (LOKI and Titan Quest are also a bit similar but with a different execution so to speak.)

EDIT: Epic level scale as well 1 - 200 (1 - 255 in Sacred 1) spanning five difficulty levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Niob)

(Enemies and rewards scale with difficulty, for MP you must meet a min level requirement whereas for SP you need to beat the previous difficulty level, Silver and Bronze being available at start and it seems this latest patch added Gold as well.)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  15. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Wow Jonas! Thanks for the in-depth explanation of the game. I remember that you were always extremely helpful over at Tweakguides and I see that nothing has changed. :)

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u all welcome, u all helpfull too!

one more thing. if there is a fast travel?

17. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    There are "teleporters" and resurrection shrines (you have to discover these teleporters to activate them...there are usually located in towns), that help you travel faster (in multiplayer mode, just press F12 to go to the starter island, then use the teleporter to travel to any portal you've discovered).
    There are detailed worldmaps available on several fansites, but I prefer to let you discover the world ^^

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmmm. i found 2 shrines i guess. but dont know how to use them lol..anyway...wait..no i activated 1..yeah only 1. anyway thanx for info..i didnt know that.

19. mudkips

mudkips Active Member

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX
    Can anyone compare this game to another? I mean gamplay wise. From what I have seen it looks nice.

20. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    [​IMG]

Portals are activated as you approach them, you can use/travel to wich ever you want (from those that you have discovered)
    Resurrection shrines are different: they save your game when you activate them, and you can only activate one shrine. You can use a portal to teleport to the last res shrine that you've activated.
    It's useful on some areas that don't have any portals...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009