9.3's are up

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by m.3ck, Mar 18, 2009.

1. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    n/m, CCC 9.3 doesn't work, so i am using 8.12

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. dipanzan

dipanzan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 OC 1GB
    what video card???

3. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    I Could Tell You But Then
    9.3 hotfix is a full package , so the new driver has the new CCC with the install of the driver. This is for the 9.3 hotfix, other 9.3 (not hotfix) drivers can be loaded as separate components.
    This is what you need..

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/CatalystAGPHotfix.aspx

At first I installed 9.3 hotfix over 9.2 hotfix to see if they load and work, and they did work well. Then used :

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)-download-1655.html

To clean things up and then installed 9.3 hotfix, all is good for now.

4. giangy11

giangy11 New Member

GPU:
    hd3650
    noone with amd puma platform?

5. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    For the 1950pro agp video card the 9.3 hotfix works! The last driver that worked were Omega 7.12 . Tom Clancys HAWX Demo will run with this card and driver.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  6. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    might of been asked before but does the 9.3 hotfix fix the 4870 x2 bug having one core stuck on 3d mode ?. ATI should of fixed this because the 9.2 had the same problem. ATI has to pick up their game.

7. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Make a profile, edit the 2d clocks to something other than defaults and the issue will be gone......

Its easy....

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Hi Kitch, could you expand on the profiles. How does one do that? Many thanks.

9. Monen

Monen New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 (AGPx8)
    Thank you for the information. Can you please expand on the above, such as why it would be important to use the 9.3 Hotfix driver for the Sapphire HD3850 AGP rather than the official 9.3 driver. What's the difference?

For example, I wouldn't install the CCC, so the only thing I would be interested in is the hotfix driver itself. Previously you could avoid installing the CCC by stopping the installer after the driver gets installed. Or, you can expand the archive and only start the driver installation. I don't feel it was necessary to do either one of these since there is a smaller official standalone 9.3 driver package in the option 2 area at ATI/AMD site. What makes the 9.3 driver in the hotfix better then the official 9.3 driver?

According to the page from the link you kindly provided above, the hotfix is older (February) and wouldn't that mean that the hotfix is nothing more than a patch for the 9.2 driver and would have already been included in the official 9.3 driver that was released in March?

10. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    @ Hallryu,
    To fix the 2d bug, you create a profile in CCC. Then, you go to the XML file of the profile, open with notepad and change the 2d speeds for memory and core (for both GPUs as well). I put my memory and core speeds at 300000 for 2d and left them at 750000 and 900000 (default) for 3d. Save this file and close it. Now activate the profile in CCC and you should see that your mem and core speeds have dropped to 300000. Now open a game and make sure that they jump up to 750000 and 900000. Now, every time you restart your pc, this profile will automatically activate itself. It, thereby, will drop both cores to 300000 every time you turn on your pc and valla, the bug is bypassed. (Setting them at 300000 in 2d mode also lowers power consumption and heat, so it's win win).

11. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    I understand your curiosity , but the bottom line is what works for you !!
    If the "official" drivers work, great, thats all you need, end of story. ATI is trying with great effort to make everyone happy, so if the "official" drivers don't work, there is the "hotfix" which are not "whql drivers" , but are tweaked for AGP cards and fixs problems other ATI cards many have with this driver. Lucky this time ATI got it right for 3850/1950 agp video cards , as in the past and in the future some ATI cards will be out-of-luck. So enjoy it for now , cause next time we may not be so lucky..

12. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?t=4321

This will help you.

When you edit the profile find the below lines and edit them to look like this:

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want_0" value="30000" />
    <Property name="Want_1" value="75000" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_0">
    <Property name="Want_1" value="90000" />

<Feature name="CoreClockTarget_1">
    <Property name="Want_1" value="75000" />
    </Feature>
    <Feature name="MemoryClockTarget_1">
    <Property name="Want_1" value="90000" />

13. tshan

tshan New Member

GPU:
    CLUB 3D HD 4870
    Dear Fed

The problem you are experiencing are due to Spyware Doctor. Uninstall Spyware Doctor, then uninstall the ATI drivers, reinstall the ATI drivers and last reinstall Spyware Doctor.
    Then you should be back to normal - at least it worked for me.

14. Monen

Monen New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 (AGPx8)
    I was looking over at the AMD support forums and I came across a post from Brian who asked, "do I need to apply this hotfix". The 'Game.AMD Administrator/Moderator' wrote back and said, "If your drivers install then you dont need the hotfix".

Apparently the hotfix is only needed if you are having difficulty installing the regular drivers and not because they tweak the driver for the card itself. The driver I used installed without any problems, so I suppose there wouldn't be any benefit installing the drivers from the hotfix package.

Thank you for all your help.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Running it with a new fresh install of win 7 7057 for about 3 hours. DId some Dead Space and hawx demo. Smooth! Did get one BSOD but then ran like milk

16. googlegod

googlegod Member Guru

GPU:
    That my friend is not 100% true and will only give you a "false sense of security" . Just because the driver will install (and at times the drivers won't) doesn't mean they work! 98% of the posts in the driver section are about the problems with drivers that WERE installed , but doesn't work right with some software and/or hardware ! So you must check to see if all is good after a new driver install.:pc1:

The 9.3 hotfix is for AGP cards , if you have this type of card, than this is the driver you should install....Tell me if I'm wrong!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Nah
    I don't know, getting a lot of freezing up with Burnout Paradise and two BSOD with Dead Space (the only games I have installed) on a fresh install of Win 7x64 7057 with this driver. I have to install these games on Vista 64.. and run this driver.
    Any one with similar issues?

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Well, 2D/3D bug aside this driver is working flawlessly for me. Very pleased:D

19. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    After testing a few race games I have come to the conclusion that the 9.3 drivers are really TERRIBLE !
    "Dirt" and "Grid" show a lot of blinking and popping textures, the whole image seems to stutter as well (far from smooth).
    Also good 'old Grand Prix Legends cannot be run normally anymore.
    In OpenGl it crashes (known bug of these ATI drivers I think) but also in D3D there is a lot of stuttering, even in the menus.
    I think about rolling back to 8.12, but I am afraid that uninstalling these will corrupt the graphical drivers as usual.
    Edit: Add GTR2 to this list: I noticed some shimmering textures over the track.
    These drivers really suck.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  20. ibitato

ibitato Guest

Stay in 9.2