182.46 beta drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Mar 23, 2009.

1. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Wouldn't setting the affinity accomplish the same thing?

2. Klementh

Klementh Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1060 3GB
    No, the nHancer option doesn't limit the game's ability to use multiple cores. It limits the driver only.

3. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    I need to try that then...I keep blue screening in Left 4 Dead. Thought it was the 18x.xx series drivers, but looks like it's the multi-core rendering.

4. DaddyD302

DaddyD302 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    You were saying? Well yeah your cpu is bottlenecking your system. Those who have the i7, the bottleneck is gone.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-285-review--3way-sli/

I'm not sure why they added that feature. It doesn't do anything to my fps. I read that others don't see any improvement either. No crash here on TF2, but I haven't tested L4D, so I can't say.

As for the drivers, since I haven't seen anyone posted it on a tri sli system, I guess I'll try them and see.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009

5. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    You do know that unlike L4D in TF2 multi-core rendering is default to 0 ie: disabled. Options are as follows:

mat_queue_mode " "
    -1 Auto-Detect
    0 Synchronous Single Thread
    1 Queued Single Thread
    2 Queued

6. 3Dghost

3Dghost Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970 GHz Ed
    try to turn of DX10 and lower the antialiasing. that solved crashes with my rig

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    will try these....i dont think there gonna be a massive improvement over 182.08s..all drivers work great for me...as for peoples games crashing on l4d and such i dont get any of it...strange:)

8. craniotomy

craniotomy New Member

GPU:
    dual 512mb nvidia 7950gtx
    help installing nvidia drivers.

i've recently downloaded the new driver 182.46. and it's an exe file. i can't add the modded inf to it coz when i start the exe file it starts to install right away. it doesnt extract to a folder i assign to like the older driver i have 182.08.

can someone help me with this? i know it's a stupid question for some. but i'm not well versed with this part.

i also have driver sweeper. but it's still doing the same error message - "nvidia could not locate any drivers that's compatible with your hardware"

any help will do. thanks.

9. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Welcome to Guru3D, craniotomy. :)

Download a tool like 7-Zip and install it: http://www.7-zip.org/
    After that, make a right-click on the driver executable, select "7-Zip" and "Extract to xxx".
    Now you can copy the modded inf into that folder and just run the driver installation by using the setup.exe in that folder.

10. digital demon

digital demon Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    Installed nHancer and just played L4D for over an hour without crashing. Thanks! Now Valve just needs to fix it.

Already tried both...still crashes.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Same settings, running better on 182.46 BETA, 71 FPS (65 with 182.08)

[​IMG]

Stopped working here.

12. Gess

Gess New Member

GPU:
    9800 pro 128
    And with FSX DX10, someone notice again the clipping texture bug ?

13. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    thx gonna test this deivers out

14. Bird-Lucky

Bird-Lucky New Member

GPU:
    8800GTX ram 768@ultra
    Hello
    Os Vista 32 bit.
    The 182.46 bĂȘta
    Games test --) Left 4 Deat (multi-core enabled)^^, Cod5, CRYSYS warhead, no problem with the 182.46 good for me
    Riva Tuner 2.24 CG oc ok

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  15. brandenburg

brandenburg Member

GPU:
    XFX 260 Black Edition
    pretty good

This driver has impressed me the most so far, having had some results with 'new' drivers that were worse than the previous.

so 24686 on Vantage is the best yet. If only I could get Stalker Clear Sky to run!

16. reeven

reeven Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX280 750/1450/3000
    I have problem with these drivers,when i watch on my tv-tuner i noticed there are crackes in the sound.I restart the computer, sound is distorsion in windows, games, etc.
    Uninstall sound, install again, the same.After that i uninstall this drivers and all are good.Strange situation.

17. Broseybrose

Broseybrose Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    STILL sticking with 185.20. They're incredibly stable in Vista 32bit. Ive been using them exclusively for MONTHS now, mostly because of the Ambient Occlusion control. The first time I turned AO on Low and launched Fallout 3, my jaw dropped. The depth perception is like i have never seen in a game other than Crysis (which had AO by default on High settings, right?)

Anyway, I really like 185.20. Is there newer 185.xx driver floating around out there? Because THAT I would like to try.

18. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    thx for info for some of my most played games. maybe I'll squeeze in this driver this week. :givebeer:

19. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Driver 185.26 discussion
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=290301

Only for Vista 64-Bit though. :frown:

20. FlyBoyJim

FlyBoyJim New Member

GPU:
    9800GX2
    I have a 9800GX2. The 182.46 driver is a far cry from the 174.5x drivers. I am one that doesn't get impressed by too much, but I must admit these latest 18x driver have really improved the performance. A very noticeable difference.

If you are having SLI issues, get Nick N's tuning guide (google it), plus.....
    AND I mean a big PLUS, get the latest version of nHancer which has quite a few SLI settings. PLUS in nhancer through Nick N's tuning guide it will show you with diagrams leading you buy hand to do the best setup on the video card. All you have to do is not skip a step.

Summary: Huge increase in performance since 174.x
    nhancer w/ lots of sli stuff to tell the driver what to do
    182.46 best driver so far

GL

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009