182.46 beta drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hog54, Mar 23, 2009.

1. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    running a 6 series and talking about i7...:3eyes:

2. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    Am getting the BFG 9800GX2 Tomorrow and am wondering if this driver will juice up some fps or i should stick with whql ?

Edit: I use Vista 64x :biggun:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  3. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    your replacing that 4870 with a 9800GX2???

4. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    yea why ?

I've read some tests and seen better fps and it has cuda and also 2gpu

5. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Saw about 10-15 FPS gain in L4D :D

6. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    El3ctro: I replaced a 9800gx2 with a gtx295, if you have the possibility go for the gtx285 or gtx295 at once. The 9800gx2 was a good card but nividia didnt have it as thier "main card" for long, since many ppl had problems with it. It allways worked good for me, altho today i would go for the 285/295 card.

As a side note i wanna say i also tried my friends 4870x2 in my computer and the 9800gx2 card was faster in 3dmark and a few games (Cod;W@w, farcry 2, gta 4)

The diff between 9800gx2 -> gtx 295 in 3dmark vantage was about:
    9800gx2: 18k
    gtx 295: 23k

The rest in my computer was the same only grafic card changed with a format before each of the tests.

7. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I just think its a waste of time to really argue what scores people post..if that's how you feel then ok but its the same thing over and over again so yeah it gets old ya know. ;)

Tweaked my drivers a little last night..squeezed a few more points out of 3dMark Vantage :)

8. El3ctro

El3ctro Active Member

GPU:
    SapphireHD4890@960\4675
    thanks for the tips but i will have to spend a few weeks with gx2 ...it's a trade in afterall :D

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    new pc = new whole pc included bb 6 series.

Many people (as me), just wait with their crappy pc till it explodes, then changes to the best pc (in "normal" prizes) and then, the cycle restarts :p.

Imo changing pieces its just a waste (well unless you upgrade for free, as i did from 7950gt to 9600gt :/, or you change em soo fast xD)

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Where are the 182.0x WHQL benchmarks?

3DMark scores are useless for them self.
    The main difference is when you look and compare the fps score for each test.
    The thing that sucks about 3DMark is that their comparison database mainly shows overclocked systems.
    So how can one ever compare against other peoples none overclocked systems without manually looking over the results to check the FSB speed?

11. sideband

sideband Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Only one plus for this driver - fix problem AF+AA in crysis:)

Power Management non work in vista for a 9 month:rpg:

12. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    DONT DO THAT!! Get a GTX285 instead. Sigle powefull GPU>>>>> 2mainstream gpus even if the vantage scores are almost the same. SLI has allot of issues.

13. The Flash

The Flash New Member

GPU:
    MSI NX 8600 GT
    Fallout 3 after 3 mins of playing got BSOD (test it 3x) back to 181.22 for me.
    Man, why nvidia always release crappy drivers these days?:bang:

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I strongly disagree with you about upgrading single pieces of hardware as a waste. Not everyone wants to wait until their rig is unable to run any games at decent settings to upgrade, but they also don't have the money to buy an entirely new machine. This is why you see so many threads with titles like, "what piece should I upgrade".

Video cards benefit from frequent upgrading a lot more than CPUs and while I have only had 2 CPUs in the last 3 years, I've had at least 4 different video cards. This is due to the fact of the GPU becoming the major player in gaming performance and the rise of high resolution LCDs. Even upgrading from A64 X2 to i7 provides small gains at high resolution gaming (1920x1200+) when compared to upgrading a G92 to a GT200b.

Even you would see a large benefit from upgrading to a GTX 260 on an A64 X2 (I used to own a X2 4200@2.7ghz)

15. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    looks like this driver is beta for a reason. :/

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Fellow Michigan Guru, Make most sense in the context you just stated.

17. Cavi

Cavi New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 9800GTX+ SC
    Has anyone tested on Empire: Total War? I am not talking about the SLi issue but the general overlying nvidia driver issue.

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    NOPE, my cpu is not BE, cant overclock more or the whole pc starts to do strange things, also i play at 1280x1024 xD (and dont notice AA in 99,9% games)

what i meant its, you wont use full power if you always have a bottleneck issue on the pc, so best way to keep it its buy them together.

Of course i change gpu's, but only if the "good one" got outdated and the step-up price its not so big.

PS: actually im happy w my rig at 1280x1024, almost no game can resist, and since most good games are console ports or non-uber-graphics ones(at least the ones im looking for)... :(

19. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    I agree, SLI isn't worth it anymore becouse a GTX285 is plenty power even in high res. And if you want more than two monitors just get a Triple Head 2 Go
    or simlar. SLI can give you a hard time for sure, it bottlenecks you CPU or the game isn't compatible with it, it puts alot stress on your chipset. Also the heat thats generated by two or three card and GX2's is concerning, not even mentioned the huge energy consumption( says someone with 3X 8800GTX:))
    Going to replace them with the first single GPU DX11 card water on it ofcourse. Cheers

EDIT: BTW there are still to many game developers that still dont put SLI support in the titles, i even know a few that recently released some titles and those didnt even take advantage of a Dual or QuadCore CPU!

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    SLI might not been worth it for you Infiniti3d But it was worth it for me since I couldnt afford a GTX280, but I could afford a another 8800GT.
    I did had problems with it on a bfg 680i and stock q6600 because of the board not letting me overclock at all. So the bottle neck got me.

But once I got on this evga 780i and was able to OC again ,I have no problems. Every thing works better, as for profiles I make them my self using Nhancer. It doenst bother me with no SLI option in games thats what nhancer is for,Only a few games I come across that doesnt work no matter what compailty I use. Like Saints Row 2 and GTA4, Pretty much the only Two I ran into I could get to use SLI no matter which compablity I box I checked. But other then that I quite happy with SLI, unless a GTX280/285/295 falls in my lap for free.

BTW in my vista X64 boot these drivers are working fine in my games, havent seen graphics corruption but I only tried NWN2 and UT3 tho.