9.3's are up

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by m.3ck, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Well I can't say for sure in all Call of Duty World at War maps but the few I have tried the water issue of flickering outlined edges seems fixed with these drivers. That alone makes them worth it for me so far.

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Keep it to yourself, I'm sick of people trying to get attention by making posts or threads about "LAWL GOING TEAM GREEN" or vice versa.

3. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Ok, just got out of a game of TF2......with 9.2 I was playing at mostly maxed settings (4x AA, 4x AF) and what not....I played with VSycn because I had nasty tearing issues....I had almost a constant 60 FPS....even with vSync off I at the most got 80 FPS, with usually 60 or so in battles.

Now on 9.3, VSync OFF, everything maxed with 8xAA and 16xAF, I have an average of maybe 70 FPS, with upper 50's (like 58) being the lowest I have seen in heavy gunfire on a 24-man server. Even better the tearing I had earlier is virtually gone (its still there sometimes, but I barely notice it at all now, vs before I could see it just by turning my mouse).

Maybe I had a bad install of 9.2, but going to 9.3 gave me a pretty substantial performance boost in TF2 (the main game I play currently).

4. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    This is ****ing ridiculous. The 2d/3d bug is still in there. Actually its even worse then ever. I am not even going into detail anymore.

5. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    So you launch a game or put up with slightly higher temps, it's not THAT big of a deal.

6. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    why don't you admit that ATI are keep disappointing us ? Things are getting even worse with their stupid new bugs , I have to start/stop a 3D application each time my system reboots, how hard can that be to iron that horrible 2D/3D bug anyway?. you can pray to your precious ATI hoping that they will at least release a bug-free software ...

7. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Launching a game doesn't "fix" it anymore. (i use quake3 for that)

Slightly higher temps? If i leave my pc on when i am at work and come back home the whole room smells burned.

First it was only the core, now memory doesn't downclock anymore at all.

Thank you AMD. :biggun:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  8. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    i just make a profile, edit the 2d clocks and add a shortcut to my startup folder

9. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Seems the only people actually having problems (since 8.xx's) are the ones with X2 cards. I haven't had a problem with my 4870 since I bought it last year.

10. Kooma

Kooma Member

GPU:
    Gainward 680 phantom 2Gb
    Yes it is, coz there are others using same computer and mine is freezing after few hour´s if I don´t launch a game straight after starting, but try to tell that to yr girlfriend, not possible, so what the fck they are doing there... still getting more frames.. I can´t understand this ****, so I´ll stay 8.12.. what a waste of dream of better drivers.

11. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    So far so good. Haven't found any issue yet.

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'm having no issues except for that 2D bug, which for me isn't a big deal at all and does nothing except make my temps slightly higher, so it idles at 42C instead of 37C... not a big deal.

13. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900

I think the 9.2 driver actually fried my X2 card. It overheated once in a way i was sure it was dead. Somehow it survived. But ever since GTA4 is not even stable anymore with the 8.12hotfix2 drivers.

I don't understand why the coolingfan does not speed up in 2d even when its 110C or more.

@ the whiners about my "whining": The profiles method is no easy fix. Its a workaround, a very bad one at that. I have to log into my pc before this workaround will be activated. There are days i never log in. So how should this profile be applied?

On top of that GTA IV crashes with graphicsmemory error, just like 8.11, 9.1 and 9.2.

I don't get it why you people accept all these problems, if i have a car that overheats constantly because of a leaking radiator. You would probably suggest to buy a cannister with 40L of water and refill the radiator again and again. Easy fix, sure, but I prefer to have the radiator fixed....

Anyway, my complaining is done here. Next time i know what not to buy. It took ATI a ****ing rediculous time to fix the 2d/3d in the first place. And after one whole good driver the problem is back. Sorry but imo they are a bunch of idiots.

14. PelPix

PelPix Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7850
    I don't know about you guys, but even when I had an X2, I never EVER had clock problems, because I set up a special system to force both of my cores to the proper clocks and my fan to 45% every time a DirectX dll is called.

I've never gone above 50c with this setup, even under full load for several hours. You guys are just lazy bastards who can't be assed to roll up your sleeves to get something working perfectly.

15. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Haha! I was just about to come here to report the 2d bug is still present. Way ahead of me.

16. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Just set it manually, it's so unbelievably easy and using the manual fan control cools this card perfectly. Since 9.2 GTA4 has been rock solid for me. Are you using the latest patch?

17. PelPix

PelPix Member

GPU:
    AMD HD7850
    Exactly. I hate seeing people piss and moan over something that takes five seconds to fix.

18. TCT

TCT Member

GPU:
    Ati hd2600oc@742.5_522
    Same probleme here as 9.2 for mobility users...(mobility modder doesnt work)
    Solution for 9.2 replace the .inf file...but 9.3 ??!
    RRrrrr wtf ATI

19. ForgedReality

ForgedReality Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870x2OC + 9600GT PhysX
    Yes it does. You can't just run a 3d app. If it's not in 3d mode, it won't switch over. If you just get to the menu, it won't do a thing unless that menu is in a 3d mode, like GRiD. It works fine. I just tested with GPU-Z.

And about "setting it manually," the point is, we shouldn't HAVE to. ATI just needs to get their **** in order. It's only with the recent driver versions that this has happened. It used to work fine, so it's not outside of their ability to fix.

However, I have considered setting the clock speeds via a bios edit. I already created a flawless fan profile that way. Reportedly this works to fix the 2d bug as well.

20. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    There's an easy fix...... Stop whinging and do it.

Create a profile with overdrive enabled and manually edit it so the 2d clocks on the GPU and Memory to be something other than default. When Windows boots it will load the profile and switch to your clocks.....

ITS EASY!!!!!!

My clocks are 300Mhz GPU and Memory for reference....