Driver 185.26 discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by proliferazor, Mar 10, 2009.

1. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Is anyone running these on Win7 x64?

2. dajife

dajife Guest

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte 980 G1
    Yes, for me in windows 7 x64 7048 blue screen and my cards in SLI run very much hotter (almost 15ÂșC more)

3. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    I'm somewhat on the wall about these so far; I realize they're beta, but first impressions aren't good. Lost about 200 points average in vantage over three runs, got first BSOD (code 116) that I've seen in many months and after restarting (after fresh install), for whatever reason, the Vista login screen was reduced in resolution by about 1/3 and clipped to the upper-left side of my screen, though the mouse wasn't clipped to this region and everything functioned fine (interface-wise) after logging on it's still strange enough to bear mention.

I've yet to try real world gaming performance, but like I said - the first impression ain't great and whatever improvements they've made to AO (if any) probably aren't worth the added instability. I'm eager to see if Emp: Total War SLI is working with these. Will probably revert to 181.22 and continue to use those for Empire until the next WHQL or good betas are available.

4. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Ao is very buggy.It does not work corectly in L4D .The shadows are flickering.

5. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Heh, no offense intended, but I got a chuckle over that one. If you were "on the wall" there's only one way you could fall. "On the fence," I'm sure that's what you meant.

6. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    Very good, I sit corrected ;) But let's disregard gravity for a moment so I don't have to edit my post :nerd:

7. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    Not meaning to sound like an ass, but the term is "I stand corrected". :)

8. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    lol :)

9. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    I'm sure that's why he put the winky smiley in there. :)

10. cobhc2007

cobhc2007 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 980ti JS
    Well spotted sir. :banana:

11. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    in empire total war the sli works just fine, without touching NOTHING, even without installing nhancer, 2gtx280 in sli, fresh installation vista x64 +110 fps almost the time in the campaing map with all the settings in very high and some of the hdr, hardware shadows, etc on.
    but the game stills "moving" strange to me in the campaing map, like a lag, and not smother, with sync of course improves a lot, but still not good.
    maybe an update from steam or nvidia fix that

12. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    have you tried using riva tuner's d3d overider to force triplebuffering along with vsync? might make things smoother

13. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    Honestly, I think Creative Assembly has some work to do on their end too in this respect. Though I'm happy with the performance of E:TW, I do feel it could be improved drastically both in terms of driver updates and dev patches, but neither alone will probably fix all the problems.

on a more on-topic note, all other games work fine with minimal differences between these and the 182.08 WHQLs (for example, stuttering in certain areas of FEAR 2 have disappeared, but Crysis and Warhead both lost 3-4 FPS overall in benchmarks, though I honestly noticed no difference during gameplay) and I haven't experienced any other anomalies like those previously mentioned.

14. juampii

juampii Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX480 @ 850 / 2000
    i can use nhancer to do that?
    a, compared to other drivers, this one gives me poor perfonmance in counterstrike source., The engine of the game sucks, maybe thats is the problem, but i get more fps with sli disabled.

maybe some here knows how to "force" css to work in sli?

15. Faile

Faile Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX570
    Hm, say, am I the only one who get's the "click desktop to crash explorer" issue ?
    What I mean is, I right click the desktop and then just click anywhere else on the desktop...BAM...Explorer has crashed and has to be restarted.
    This is only with the 185 series, the older ones don't have this problem. Vista x64, btw.
    I tried these drivers hoping it would be fixed, but as soon as Vista came back up after the driver install explorer was crashing happily away once again :bang:

just wondering if I am the only one getting this since I haven't heard anyone else mentioning this....and if so...anybody got any idea what the cause might be ?

Oh, and I always use guru3d driver sweeper and even a registry cleaner when changing drivers.

16. popcorn1

popcorn1 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    how does this driver differ from Nvidias official driver?

17. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Its a beta driver and not digitally signed. I went back to 185.20's, lost hundreds of points in 3D Mark.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    argh no not losing points in 3d mark! thats terrible :butt:

im keeping these..etw runs well. i cant get 3dmark to work. my monitors res is not supported or some kind of crap like that..

19. Rathbone

Rathbone Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RTX2070
    This driver broke 24p playback with my Asus Xonar HDAV sound card. Wonder if it's the driver itself or just bad inf modding.

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Driver works fine, except some small issues with GRID. Sometimes the game pauses for 2-3 seconds and then get back but usually I need to use the "rewind" function because in the pause you might run in to a wall or something... But otherwise the drivers are working nicely.