Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Prelude supports Dolby DIgital output over a digital connection if it is configured to do so.

As for analog, in many cases the Prelude will give you better sound through analog then the same setup using a digital connection as the Prelude has great DAC's...
    This is dependant on teh receiver though. Seems like you have teh card configured right and everything connected right, check the manual for your receiver and see if you have that set-up right.

2. yonggoh

yonggoh New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8600GS
    ok just a slight update on my woes...

Im still unable to get all 5.1 channels to individually make sounds in the noise test in the auzentech console (only the two fronts work)

however when i play an audio source such as winamp or vlc player there is sound from all channels...

Playing an .mkv file with sound device set to "5.1", I am able to differentiate the different signals coming from the individual channels so its not just the surrounds replicating the fronts...

So i guess i have achieved my goal of getting analog sounds out from my prelude...i hope... still puzzles me why it failed the console's noise test...

P.S noise test for the individual channels in 5.1 is totally fine via optical

3. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    Sounds like your receiver is set to upmix 2.0 to 5.1 and therefor when you do the console test you only hear two channels.

You will have to disable the upmixing on your receiver to enable true 5.1 sound. On my Sony this is called A.F.D. instead of whatever other modes yours support.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Yea basic AFD sees what signal is being sent to the reciver. When I first took this sony reciver from the other room i went wtf my self til i hit the afd button.

5. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    Is the prelude better than the xfi home theater hd?

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

It is really hard to say at this point as the HTHD is the next flagship card form Auzentech. I would doubt the Prelude would surpass their new #1 product.
    The Forte 7.1 is a wicked little card also..

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I honestly wouldn't doubt if they're quite similar in audio quality. the HTHD seems like it's more aimed towards (the name) Home Theater computers, with the whole HDMI ports and such, while the Prelude seems more poised at being the uber Creative killer.

8. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
  9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
  10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    To me it seems as thought the Forte and the Home Theater card have the same analog section. In that case, I believe the Prelude is a little better than both. I haven't heard the Forte though. Opinions are like *******s

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You can use the specifications of the components to come degree to help gauge overall performance of the card. The Forte 7.1 sounds very good and I would think the HTHD will sound even better as that card is the next flagship model from Auzentech.

12. Abe

Abe New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS G92
    edit :bang:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  13. Wateri

Wateri Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GTX280
    I have a problem with my more-than-1-year-old prelude. All of a sudden, there is some severe distortion after playing music for more than 15 sec. The distortion only stops when I restart my com, then the same cycle repeats.

Trying to reinstall driver now... If it doesn't work...

EDIT:

I rolled the driver back to the previous version, and no more distortion :)

Phew, I thought my precious Prelude was fried or something. :bang:

EDIT:

The problem is back again....
    Tested it in my previous rig. It worked, but not with my current system.

EDIT:

It works again... It appeared that my MOBO needed a firmware update to always recognize Phenom II's 4 cores. The discrepancy of the number of cores seemed to make Prelude go bonkers.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  14. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It is possible, Are you using the latest drivers for the motherboard chipset etc?

15. Wateri

Wateri Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GTX280
    Anyway, is the X-Fi Forte a viable upgrade from the Prelude? It seems that X-Fi Forte boasts a better amplifier for the headphones output.

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    To me it not worth it alone for the headphone amp as you can just grab the Fiio E5 for 22 dollars if you need your headphones amped. Since you already have a prelude.

17. Abe

Abe New Member

GPU:
    8800GTS G92
    I'm going to replace the opamp on the Prelude.

Anyone suggest a good opamp for Prelude :banana: :)

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @Abe, Depends on what your after. Auzentech sells many high grade replacments opamps for their cards.

19. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForceā„¢ 8800 GTS Fat
    I see no one posted this here yet, but there is another driver released for this card on the 21st of March, named version 1.1

Updates on the driver:
    Link: http://www.auzensupport.com/site/download/updates.php#
    Direct Link: http://www.auzensupport.com/data/xfipreludeDriver1_1.zip

Looks to be a good update.

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Where do you see something from March? The 1.1 update says February 19th here.