The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcw

kcw Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 260GTX (Black Edition
    After the newest official patch, does anyone still experiencing crashes?.. When i walk outside the wasteland at night... it keep on crashing.. or is it my video card causing the problems??

2. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    You need to understand, I'm tired off the "release first, patch later" mentallity, and the mess that was Fallout 3, combined with the attitude of the devs on their own forums, is what finally did it for me. (Reduce VRAM. Oh, didn't work? Can't help you. LOL)

If I buy a desk to hold my PC, and it breaks, I would sue, as the product did not do what was expected of it. If I buy a game and it refuses to work, I sue. Its that simple, don't read too much into it.

And yes, if I had seen this through and actually won, it would have set the legal precident that software companies must reasonably ensure their product works across all setups their software is targeted for. It doesn't take a legal genius to see where that would have lead too, and thats why I knew ahead of time they would settle, as no software company would ever take the chance of losing a case like that.

And for the record, of course theres a NDA. I just don't care. I did the lawsuit to make a point, but if no one hears about it, what was the point of it all? That being said, I'm still waiting for my $50 check...

3. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I got stuck in Bigtown for a while. I rescued Red and Shorty and then there was a Mutant attack but the girl I'm trying to have sex with kept dying so I had to keep reloading my game until I could kill the mutants and save her. In the end Red and Shorty were eventually killed by the mutants but I was able to save the girl I was also able to get my baseball bat and pistol that I gave to Red and Shorty, I was pissed when they didn't give them back after I brought them back.

4. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    Im currently playing the anchorage DLC .. but I thinks is TOO boring .. what do you guys think?

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    The DLC is perhaps way too focused on the action part of the game. But its not too long so that didn't bother me.

Are there any fan made missions for the game? Certainly plenty of mods..but I'm looking for more gameplay..

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

there's quite a few over at fallout 3 nexus:

Fallout 3: Quests and Adventures

Edit:

A fix has also been found for the mouse acceleration issues in patch 1.1, just
    add the following lines to the controls section of your fallout.ini:

fForegroundMouseAccelBase=0
    fForegroundMouseAccelTop=0
    fForegroundMouseBase=0
    fForegroundMouseMult=0

source

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
  7. kcw

kcw Member Guru

GPU:
    Hi to all... I reading thru some of the pages mainly the last few... I didn't see ppl complaining of crashes... is it only me who crashes in the wasteland??.. any help??... Vista 64bit, lastest nvidia v182.06 and the latest patch for fallout 3.. thanks..

8. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    No, it is certainly not just you. The game has some issues and crash problems....it is just that some crash constantly.

I myself, have a crash every now and then......the game is so good, that I just live with the few I have and quick save often.

I have so many mods installed and stuff that I personally, am not even going to search for the problem.....I really dont think it has anything to do with the mods, however, as people seem to have crash problems with vanilla Fallout 3 as well.

9. kcw

kcw Member Guru

GPU:
    I've tried roll back driver to 180.48 as some suggest it best driver for fallout 3.. indeed it did not crash when i walk around for like 5-10 mins... problems is with the performance... the fps keep on vary from 30 to 60.. make the game lagging a bit.. the 182.06 keep the fps between 50-60.. which is really good except it freeze my game...

10. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    exactly the same for me. I run FO3 on both crossfire and SLI (laptop) and have just learned to live with the odd crash. So...... addictive......:devil:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Started the game and LIVE prompted that a update available, with that I now run the game with version 1.4 :)

Will post more details once I have the patch notes, bit difficult to navigate all those LIVE folders. :D

EDIT: No patch notes, just redirects to the official Fallout 3 website which still has the 1.1 update.

EDIT: It's Pitt related as expected.
    http://bethblog.com/
    (New patch for new stuff, specifically the new achievements.)

EDIT: Funny that it updated the ESM though, perhaps because it's cumulative with the previous updates.

EDIT: All hail the all knowing console. :p

AddAchievement 55
    AddAchievement 56
    AddAchievement 57
    AddAchievement 58
    AddAchievement 59

Funny command that, so that's a bit of what awaits us in the Pitt then.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  12. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
  13. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Darn, I just beat the game. And I beat it utterly. I completed it with every quest(without in-game conflicts) and truly loved the game. However, the ****** freezes and glitches pissed me off to no end.

Awesome title but they really, really, should have done more QC before it ever released. Blizzard is the gold standard and that's why I will literally take off of work when Diablo 3 is released. Well, I suppose it depends on the wife.... :)

14. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Every quest eh, just how many hours were you at level 20, 50? Unless you removed the level cap, then it is just too easy.

15. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    If you think the game is too easy Rochin, install Martigens Mutants Mod with increased spawns.

It's much more challenging and fun imho.

16. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Any one tried it?

The only release notes I can find are:

Any one care to elaborate.

17. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    There's also a patch available for all English versions which aren't the US version :confused::

patch version 1.4.0.5

Though on their site it's listed as 1.4.0.9, talk about confusion.

18. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    hmmmn... no patch/ update on steam yet

19. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB

Without mods and such(as I do not have any) I find I have to try hard not to get to level 20 too fast. My first time through I did mostly only the main quest, and finished at about level 12. My second go through I was level 20 before I had even gone half way through the main quest, which made it even on hard, feel kind of ho hum. It is a great game, I still remember Fallout 2 where the super mutants with the mini guns were actually dangerous. In Fallout 3 while a pain, have no chance of doing 500 pts of damage with a mini gun like in Fallout 2. Same with the rocket launcher, it is still dangerous, but it is not like in Fallout 2. I am playing through the DLC currently and it is a nice distraction.

20. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Both links in your posts are not working, as they are pointing to v1.4.0.5.

These two should be working just fine ,though:

Update Notes:
    http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/updates-v1.4updatesnotes-UK.html

Other language download links (look at the bottom of the page):
    http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/updates.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.