Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Aha, i see. thanx for the info. i am still looking for the DIGITAL PURCHASE. Direct2Drive has it but it says Only America Canada and Mexico. What if i buy frim here, i wont able to play? or its just for SUPOORT IS NOT AVAILABLE?

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Does anyone think the A.I is a little stupid sometimes?? assault squad stands there doing nothing sometimes when an enemy is 3 yards away.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yeah. my here is melee focused. sometimes hen i care with other squads, i cant command him. when i turn back to care with him, sometimes i find him he is just standing and enemy is attacking him in close combat..that is not good. on the other hand 2 times the squad i send to fortify a building. sometimes cant get out. lets say only 1 of them still keeps staying in the building and the squad becomes not controllable..wtf.

4. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Micro and Macro is a lost concept in DOW II. Multiplayer is just too easy ive played over 40 single player games and ive won every single one. There just isnt any challange here. Its the same build every time for me.

Techmarine: Build heavy bolter SQD run the techmarine to VP and SCTS to cover it. Hold the postion untill HB Sqd arrives send scouts to secure a power node and build a rally point next to the HB sqd and a que a ASM sqd. Build another scout sqd and tech for T2 razorback and dreds.

Thats my usual build for a techmarine commander. I only have trouble vs melee commanders early game esp the eldar warlock who can move to my HB sqd very fast. Other than that it plan sailing.

5. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Btw if any of you are up for a game or interested in joining a pro ESL clan for DOW II let me know.
    Or apply @ www.clanhov.com In join section just say cypher refered you from Guru3d.

Xfire= Furion1988
    WLID: Ciphex

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    You must be VERY lucky, in either you get well-played team-mates or REALLY badly played opponents!

7. rayzorz

rayzorz Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX680
    What would you recommend for someone that doesn't own any of the Dawn of War games?

Getting Dow 2 or the Complete Collection of the first? The Complete Collection only costs half as much as dow 2 but it may be very dated, I don't know.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    iam really looking forward to purchase WARHAMMER: MARK OF CHAOS..i got the unlegit copy of it and its damn fun like this. no base building or resource collecting. and damn hard. i cant find a digital purchase to my country from Direct2drive. steam doesn have this game. and no copy in national stores. in ebay affiliate Turkish shopping site, some dude sells it but insane price. i think ordering a second hand from ebay is my only choice. i must pay to DEVELOPER. great game.

9. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    No.....

Doesnt really matter what race or commander you pick...
    You just need to know the map and have a sound strat of which points your gna take first and were your gonna cut him off.

10. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    No....

Even if your the best player in the world, if you get stuck with crap team-mates and good opponents, you WILL lose. Nearly all my loses are because I have held my victory point but my team-mates can't play for **** all.

11. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC

Ermmm yeah ... i was talking about head to head... sorry if i didnt specify that before.

12. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I've decided I'm not going near this ****ing POS game until they fix the overpowered Tyranids and Space Marines. Bloody joke.

13. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Well if you think this has no balance ..you should have played SS.

14. kenjishinoda

kenjishinoda Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870
    does anyone know where I can get a clean version of this wallpaper?

[​IMG]

15. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    How about these ones

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. kenjishinoda

kenjishinoda Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870
    holy **** thanks PHJF :D more pls? :D

Yet, I still can't find that one I wanted :(

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thanx for the great Wallpapers :)

18. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=61527

Initial details on patch 1.2.0

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I didn't get this game. I still love the minatures (space wolves) and original dow though.

I would have been happy with just a gfx upgrade to dow. Alas, the stuff going on in dow2 will have to be refined for dow3. In the meantime I'll pick up ss and dc.

oh, and in my dreams I would have loved to have seen w40k Epic as the influence for dow2. Please do it for DoW3!!!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009