Empire:Total War demo on Steam

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blownapart, Feb 20, 2009.

1. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    You make some good points however on Prussia they certainly didn't have any role in almost dominating the world in this period. They did have a very modern army however the British have always been renowned for the training, professionalism, and discipline of it's soldiers. There are accounts form American rebels of how scared they were of the British advance as they would continue to advance outnumbered, soldiers would ignore men dying in their ranks and continue to advance with blank faces. Then you have the Highland regiments and Ghoorkas, some of the most renowned fighters in world.

In terms of world domination, the largest powers were the British Empire, France, Spain, Ottoman Empire, Russia(?). Britain being the largest, controlling both the most land and sea.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    at the start yes, but when it ends, spain had nothing because our king had no kids, so the empire got splitted between different nations... :(

imo hard to face under programmers POV, spain ruled at the start with tercios army (even after part of them suffered their first loss in 200years at rocroi, they still were a awesome army for a lot of years), but at the end was guerra de guerrillas (when the empire got spplited up, and napoleon tried to conquer spain, well he invaded us, but then got kicked :banana:). as a guy said, im also interested about how they make spain xP.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    IGN just gave this game a 9.5/10 Video review here

eurogamer gave it a 9.0

it looks like this is going to be the best total war yet!

I'm about to place my preorder on steam and get a copy of rome total war free today =)

EDIT metacritic score is 93 which ties for top 15 highest PC game score of all time

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. Nerox

Nerox Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6950 2GB
    do you guys think it will run on my system??? ... I play at 1280*1024

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    yes, it plays fine on mine :)

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    is anyone having problem with SLI and dual monitor with this game. seems that the mouse icon keeps moving to the right onto the other screen while in game which is really annoying. Anyone know a reason for this?

7. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    cant wait till the full game is released, but it will take an aweful lot to beat rome total war.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    omg looks epic!

will download the demo later, huge fan of Total Wars.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the demo is a old build of the game which i read did not support multi core pcs and i do not think it supported SLI, dunno about the multi monitor thing i tend to run one but for 3d work.

but the gold build is supposedly a much newer build compared to the demo, supposed to support multi core pcs and probably SLI and alot of bug fixes plus CA said they have a patch ready to go for the day the game goes live already.

10. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

maxed on mine at 1280x1024 (without AA of course)

so yes.

11. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Ultimately, all you really need to know is that Empire: Total War is a masterpiece, the greatest, most accomplished and ambitious strategy epic in the history of gaming and one of the most exceptional games of all time. It may not be utterly perfect, with a smattering of glitches and shortfalls spattered throughout, but these minor irritants are like mere mosquitoes on a majestic bull elephant’s back, a beast of exquisite beauty and power that crushes its opponents underfoot with effortless ease.
    10.0/10
    nowgamer

12. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    Had some issues with it and my hardware isn't enough to play it on medium settings. Also never played Total War series... Not for me.

13. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    in fairness dude your system is low spec. Hence you will be only able to play it on low settings.

14. Flopster

Flopster Banned

GPU:
    Club3D 8600GTS 256MB
    I know, but minimum was like 6600gt or something and 1.5gb of ram? So I expected it to run on low/medium... Well a man can dream can't he?:D Besides, everytime I pressed the apply settings button it threw me back to desktop without any error. Everytime.

15. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    not having a go :) but i know from experience never to trust what it says for specification. I tried that too with the apply settings, it goes straight to the "thanks for playing, why not pre-order today" etc.

In fairness, Rome total war and most notibily medieval 2 had terrible performance issues when first released.

The fact that it has been pointed out that the demo is an old build and that they are also releasing the patch upon release, gives us a bit of hope that it will run on lower spec systems.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009

16. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    mtw2 demo was totally unplayable on my old pc (low settings), mtw2 release was perfectly playable on my old pc :p, well, it had that siege AI bug which made game go 1fps, but that was a bug

17. centurie

centurie Master Guru

GPU:
    n/a

i agree 100%..and whats more it takes a british company to do it..i live not far from ca in surry england.
    this is the way games should be made..fresh and exciting , not like all tho's EA games that just milk the public for there money.....makes me proud to be a britt......................

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Mixed reaction. To buy or not to buy...hmmmm....