Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by evilkiller650, Feb 18, 2009.

1. kenjishinoda

kenjishinoda Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870
    Ever since I played Dawn of War I was very interested with the Space Marines :D Thanks for that info

Hey Mr.BigTime, how did you set your texture detail to Ultra High? I can see the Ultra High option but I can't select it.

This game is sooooo good I just bought it hours ago and I immediately played multiplayer mode :) I love using Tech Marine ^^

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm. it was already available and i choose it..But maybe u r using AUTOMATIC SETTINGS..no iam sure :p

Dont know man. maybe the game auto check the specs of the PC and according to ur system it allows u. Sorry i dont have an answer :(

3. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Have you even played DOW2? DOW2 is very simple and stream lined compared to the games you listed.

4. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    To damned right. Death to pirate's. I guess someone is annoyed they can't pirate a game :banana:

You must be running a 32-bit Windows?
    Make a shortcut to DOW2.exe in the Steam folder and add -disable32bitcheck into the 'Target' command line, you'll be able to select and use Ultra Textures and Ultra Fidelity (or something of the sort)

5. kenjishinoda

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870

i am getting lots of crashes. it's ****ing pissing me off. i was playing a really good MP game for like an hour and then it crashes. what's so sad about that is i lost ALL my STATS - my kills, wargear, and levels gained :bang: :biggun: is this a common problem? and is it possible to re-connect to the last game you've played before the game crashed?

and one more question, when my game crashes, is it only me, or all the players playing that game crash too?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  6. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
  7. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The game gets unstable if I enable Ultra Textures and Fidelity on my 32-bit Windows. Not sure if your talking about crashes without Ultra on, otherwise no, my game runs perfect.

8. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    I don't think this person wants to PAY to BETA TEST a bug invested game.

9. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
    do you mean 'infested' T_T.

10. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Bug infested game? Since when? :rolleyes:

11. kenjishinoda

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870
    does it take a while for the player statistics page to update? i've played several games already and my stat page only shows the records from my first game. and is the mic icon supposed to be flashing even when i'm not saying anything? or is my mic busted

12. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I havent had one bug yet, good game, great graphics , just what i need to play till killzone comes on friday.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Killzone 2 midnight launch here I come!!!

14. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    il wait until the morning i think, im taking my matye with me and dont think he would fancy waiting in the cold at 12pm haha, anyway, back to DOW2!! :)

15. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Just got the "Neverending hail of devastation" heavy bolter =P

243dps, no reloading and knockback, best weapon evar =D

16. tmsmith

tmsmith Member Guru

GPU:
    2x VisionTek HD 4870 512M
    Wow...

I just started playing the game. And I thought my messily 100~dps was good. Although, I I remember correctly, total is 500~.

What's yours? :nerd:

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

too bad that this game is alrdy pirated and even works with patch 1.1.0 :bang:

again, stupid lame protections which annoy the real user more than the pirate.

Even more, pirating the game is easier than installing from steam, just use a .exe (.bat) file, select a folder and its done :O

then, playing online is the way to go for buying it xP.

18. lekistan

lekistan Banned

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7600 GT

I'm not a pirate, all games I have are games I bought, and I do have quite a few of them, you misunderstood me, so don't jump into conclusions.

What I meant to say is, I do not approve of or will support (buy) games that in order to PLAY them I need "STEAM" for Single Player. For multiplayer same thing, I do not want to DOWNLOAD OR USE "STEAM" and Will not, I am okey with VALIDATING my CD-KEY but only through a IN GAME MENU for MULTIPLAYER, I Do not wish any other crap.

19. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Just as a note for anyone interested... if you don't know anything (or much), about the Warhammer 40,000 universe, I suggest you take a gander at the Lexicanum. It is probably the most complete website of information for WH40k. I highly suggest you give it a read.

If you really like it... you should start reading the Horus Heresy series of novels as they are not only FREAKING AMAZING but also tell you about the most important event in WH40k history. Enjoy! :D

20. kenjishinoda

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870
    thanks Drakazar :nerd:

patch for vista 32 crash is finally out i'm downloading it right now

i still don't know why my statistics page isn't updated yet. it still displays the record of my first game only

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009