Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    Well out of all the games I've played on my XBX360, Mass Effect and the Orange Box were the best. (I played, GTA4, L4D, Gears 2, Fall Out 3, FC2, and The Force Unleashed) Both had awesome stories something which is missing in the vast majority of games now-a-days. I like Bioware RPGs. Just hope that Mass Effect doesn't go the way of KOTOR.:bang:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  2. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Hmmm i still haven't finished first mass effect :D looks cool but big hmmm... for me.

3. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Well that's the first time I've ever heard that.

4. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Mass Effect was a great game, I cannot find my CD key anywhere though =[. Ive reformatted since completing it and now I cannot find my key. ARGGGH, well Im looking forward to Mass Effect 2.

5. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    After a long gloom period in the PC gaming industry for me (lack of any kinda game that could hold my interest)I played MassEffect and was sucked right back in as i just was with fear 2 and am now starting saints row 2,then off to gta4,a quick step back to finish bg 1 and the icewind dale games,from there it will be new games that come out,or i might try dead space again but i thought it was crap

6. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Ill just add my opinions on those 3 games, since that seems to be what we're doing in this thread:

Loved Mass effect, hated oblivion (yes hated, not just dislike, because I made myself play through it again recently, trying to make it engaging since the game sure as hell doesn't do that for you by inventing a storyline for my character, like imagining up conflicts and emotions and thoughts for him that explain his actions and motivations, but hard as I tried it just ended up feeling really contrived and made me feel strongly about it for making me try so hard)

and actually loved fallout 3 despite my best efforts. It really kind of was oblivion with guns in many respects (you wander through a lot of nearly identical wasteland rather than medieval countryside, or exactly identical subway tunnels rather than caves/ruins, you activate your magical time-stopping pip boy in the middle of combat, get time to sort through all your old junk and pick a nice weapon at your leisure, and perhaps the thing the bothered me most about oblivion was in fallout 3 as well, the conversation mechanic where time stops and the person sort of locks on to you, standing ramrod straight and wide-eyed, with you unable to move or even look away until you bid them farewell, and also they only employ like 5 different voice actors for all 7 trillion people in the game) but somehow it all seemed to work in fallout 3, I didn't mind all of it's flaws nearly as much, in fact I kind of came to appreciate them. Go firgure

7. Khan

Khan Guest

GPU:
    HIS ATI 4870 X2
    God, I loved Mass Effect... the fights, the acting, the graphics... I had a blast, and the ending was very satisfying - rare for many games these days, especially those that come out of the gate declaring a trilogy.

I do agree though, that it should not go the way of KOTOR. By this I of course refer to KOTOR 2, which, while technically a competent game, just did not deliver as the first KOTOR did. I remember all sorts of great moments from the first game, like meeting Jolee or whatever on Kashyyk, solving crimes as a Jedi apprentice, and, of course, that plot twist... I did not see that coming!

My memories of KOTOR 2 are being a god at the end and just slaughtering thousands in an effort to find closure in a ridiculously convoluted storyline, attempting to min/max characters who I either magically made into Jedi or missed a single opportunity by sheer bad luck, and floating lightsabers. Lame. I did singlehandedly end a war, though - that was cool.

Hooray for not letting some other developer (Obsidian *cough*) make Mass Effect 2!

8. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    ME was a good story and game. However it had a few short comings, while the linearness could be forgiven (as it was still fun) all the 'side' stuff was boring and reptitive (I did everything before ending the game). They need to take a playbook out of Oblivion/Fallout 3 book and have it a bit more open. It doesn have to be exactly the same as those, but a little more open and less linear and remove the reptitive exact same 'extra' stuff.

9. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Ya they need more locations like the citadel with quests npcs shops n stuff, it feels like a very lonely world with only 1 friendly town.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009