Catalyst 9.2 drivers discusion thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by StimpyOz, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    There aren't even official 9.1 drivers for Win7, so technically speaking you are using WDDM 1.0 and missing all the new features WDDM 1.1 has to offer.

2. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    I think you took the word "break" out of context. I ment it would un authenticate vista which would be fixed again not break as in it would destroy it. It's funny that you took a screenshot and uploaded the picture of my post but looks like your having fun.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. Ellisdee

Ellisdee Member

GPU:
    2x4870x2 1x8800 Ultra
    and were is the problem who needs offical drivers for win7? 9.1 runs fine in
    win7 and the wddm reestrictins is disabled even its wddm 1.1 or 1.0 and
    thats why im saying cant wait for 9.3 ;)

4. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'd like to see new drivers for win 7 that are cat 9.1, or cat 9.2 which is what I was saying.

5. Ellisdee

Ellisdee Member

GPU:
    2x4870x2 1x8800 Ultra
    ah lol ok understood wrong ;) so u wait for 9.3 too lol hope the restriction is
    still off in rc1 and nv control panal will work in new nv driver on win7 better
    would make me happy then all main problems are fixed and i can wait for win7
    store release :)

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Actually no I did not. If you believe that SP2 can effect "your version" of Vista then it's probable that any other driver can.

7. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    You are. Read my last post again. I'm on about vista boot loader. Subject dropped. Dota?

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I think it is you who should read my post. If you believe that problems could arise out of SP2 then it's possible to assume that other unforeseen problems could arise out of new drivers, etc. In any case, there is no need to argue or get excited about it.

9. diddly

diddly Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8
  10. bokloz

bokloz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti
    Hope to see some improvement over 9.1

11. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Well yeah, the supposed DX10 multi-core updates are to be included.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If everyone would just relax and not spend the entire month between releases speculating and getting their hopes up. Everyone would be less disappointed when new drivers are released that don't live up to expectations. As for all the problems people are having.....have any of you stopped to consider the 99% chance that YOU are causing ALL of your own problems? I've NEVER experienced an issue from ATI's drivers....and I've been screwing with ATI cards since the Rage Pro days. (in fact, still have an old RagePro card around here somewhere) I install Windows, chipset driver, ATI driver(s), audio driver, network driver, any other drivers, update windows, then install software.....in that exact order...and I've never had the slightest problem that could even remotely be linked to ATI's drivers.

13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Thats like asking 10+ million people to quit playing WOW, GLHF.

14. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    :p WoW is boring right now so maybe they will listen?

15. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    i never had any problems either. seriouly though it seems like ppl sit on these forums or ati's website and just click the refresh button waitin for these drivers. live go out do something LOL then it wont seem so long between releases . is ur experiences that bad or games dont work that you need new drivers? i mean i play all my games just fine. if there is a bug i look for a patch or just wait it out. its not a big deal :banana:

16. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Most of the time if you have a driver issue.. Delete that driver, install a past known good one, then install the new one on top of it. Thats only for me X2 user atm. Single core users... well never had an issue with my 9800pro so cant really say. More than likely user error.

17. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    well i just got rid of one 4870 in crossfire, b/c i just was not seeing the benefit so i got over 200 bucks back to spend on something else

18. praktik

praktik Guest

GPU:
    4870 512 in Crossfire
    Ya its annoying - in the habit of saving often. But one good side effect is snapping you out of the rythm of the game so you have a chance to stop playing.

It resulted in an earlier bedtime a few nights this week. First week back after many months of abstinence - I don't want it to take over my nights again!

Anyway - good to hear I'm not alone. Wasn't playing at all during 8.11 and 8.12 but it was fine before that. Did you just notice this problem start after 9.1? Just wanna confirm 8.12 will be a good fallback driver if my irritation outpaces my relief at being able to take a break from the game when it happens... ;)

19. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

So true

20. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Only game I usually play is WoW....so that's the only game I really care about. I had problems getting Farcry to play smooth when it was released...as well as Crysis SP Demo. Both of which I used both nV and ATI for. My x700Pro ran Farcry at a reasonable framerate with reasonably high graphics settings, whereas my Geforce 6800 simply wouldn't run the game smooth at the default settings. My HD4850 will run Crysis perfectly smooth on High settings, whereas my 8600GT's (single or SLI) couldn't even run it smooth on low settings and my 9600GT couldn't run it smooth above low settings. Graphically, I'm disappointed in my HD4850 and seriously miss my x700Pro. Performance wise...my HD4850 has been flawless regardless of which driver I use (barring the 8.6 and 8.7 cats as the 8.6cats resulted in massive screen corruption and the 8.7cats wouldn't install at all) but, even with the issues I had with the 8.6 and 8.7 cats, neither of which I can prove to be directly related to the driver, I've had zero problems with ATI's drivers.

Actually, there was a driver issue with the 8.6cats...but not ATI's fault. nV drivers screw up everything when it comes to switching graphics card manufacturers. Still not a problem directly related to ATI's drivers, as they were conflicting with the remains of the nV drivers. The 8.7 cats refusing to install....not really a problem as the 8.8cats were released early enough that I had no use for the 8.7cats at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.