NO SLI for me

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by sw1000xg, Feb 10, 2009.

1. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    At present when walking around I get graphical glitches walls flickering and other stuff, but the biggest thing is this lag delay thingy you just cant ignore like its puased for a split second then normal again. In single the game runs good just slows down alot (can expect this) but SLI choppy section, slow down, just poor if its the CPU then ill get another if its the monitor fine ill get another but just need to know what it is...

2. Juicy8504

Juicy8504 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 (RIP 8800GTX)
    Try these real quick.
    Turn off all unused devices in BIOS ie: Firewire
    I didn't look up your mobo but it seems like it has onboard video. Make sure that is turn off in there as well.
    IF that doesn't work, put EVERYTHING in BIOS back to factory default
    hmm.... give the SLi bridge a spin... basicly, turn it 180 degrees and try that *shrugs shoulders*
    Check your 12v line's Voltage.. if it's around 11.2 or lower, then you're PSU might be dying

If you refer 30-50 FPS as been choppy, is it like 10-15 FPS choppy or does it speed up and slow down choppy?

clean the power connectors with some alcohol and even wipe the PCI connection off and plug it back in as well.

Double check and make sure that you have enough virtual memory assigned

KICK IT A FEW TIMES if nothing else is working.

3. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    are u using the sli bridge?

4. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Ok, playing The Settlers The Rise Of an Empire, in SLI no improved performance AT all infact slow scrolling and choppy frame rates (those stupid millisocond pause jumps) same as single GPU, all I thought SLI was supposed to do was let me put full detail up as well as the high res but I can put the res up but still get crap low detail you imagine farcry2 high res low detail...(maybe will all strighten out on a new monitor...doubtfull).

PSU is new like 1month old 700w OCZ modular and have a EZ-COOL 800w both fine and same problems. The display cant be turned off, but shouldn't worry about that because it was the same on my M2N SLI deluxe board (the graphics problem), though I must abmit A/C is slower and the graphics seem to be actifacting like stuff flashing a bit to much.

My system should handle UT3 people who play it with less ram lower graphics cards and lower CPU can run it fine with 50-60fps its the same in every damn game i run same performance even upto 1280x960 even at that res I should see some performace but putting full detail on in an SLI system or even on SINGLE seems to cripple my games. GRID, slows on the Le Mans when it goes dark and going round the last corner(if you know the game you know what I mean) yes V-sync is on and 16qqaa, blah blah blah thingy SLI no improvment, you can see drops in frame rate going round corners, (even using fraps) UT3 world detail to 4 out of 5 better performance upto 5 game crippled slow and just annoying. I get the same slowdowns in the same areas as in a single GPU nothing is improved nothing ecept the res can be put up and get a little bit more peroformace but not much, the high the res aint gonna smooth my games out just high res and the games will get slower this should not happen, should it...

5. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Tried all that nothing the same thing...

6. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1

Tried with and without...nothing! all the same.

7. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    I think you are playing your games with max graphical settings for AA and AF expecting just because you have SLi that you can do that. Even on my GTX260 SLi system I have to turn down the settings on most games. I just benched COD W@W at 1920/1200 16xA/F 4xA/A TRILINEAR and only had an avergafe FPS of 57. Maybe trying turning graphic settings down to 4x and play some and see how it runs. If runs ok, then try 8x because i noticed you mentioned above that you are running 16x.

Have you tested both cards? Only put on card in and run a few games benches. Then remove that card and insert the other card and run the same benches and compare the results to ensure both cards are running ok.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  8. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    I turn off AA and AF with full detail on yet still poor performance. If one card can almost give me smooth play and another even running at only 25% more still should give me better performance...Like said UT3 in SLI runs the SAME as 1 GPU why is that? I have seen the reviews of this card on intel systems (yes I know its not AMD) and they get like 60-90 fps they only thing mine is lacking there is the better CPU. I have 4GB 2 more than the recommended, SLI more than the recommended,2.4 core mines a 3.1...

9. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    Have you tested both cards? Only put on card in and run a few games benches. Then remove that card and insert the other card and run the same benches and compare the results to ensure both cards are running ok.

10. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1

Yep already tried it both cards work fine both get the same result,but sli nothing. OK let me know if this is what SLI is, 1 gc card on UT3 (lets us an i.e) 30-50 fps on full detail on 1280x960 no AF AA App controlled and such AFR2 and v-sync on (but on reviews higher res bit better CPU 2GB less getting 60-90fps with AA and AF check on the 9800GT reviews google) SLI enabled, all the same as above no change in fps, or res results in same performace? so in SLI I can't improve my quality but I can the RES is that what SLI is for?

11. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    faulty SLI bridge? r u able to get ur hands on a spare?

12. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    Your board should have came with a dual and a tri SLi bridge. If you are using the dual, then try the tri.

13. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    I can use the cards with or without the SLI bridge still same...

14. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    What we are asking you is, did your motherboard come with two bridges, a dual and tri? If so, swap out the one for the other and test.

15. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Tried it, and only came with one but I don't need the bridge with the latest Nvidia driver. It has been the same problem on this board and the M2N SLi-Deluxe only got this board coz I wanna go AM3 and PC8500 could it be the CPU?

16. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    I have changed the PSU the GRAPHICS from an ASUS EN8800GT (couldn't get another for SLI) the mobo and still the same problem no improved graphics no improved res well barley can go higher in res but have to lower detail in game...

17. Juicy8504

Juicy8504 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD4870 (RIP 8800GTX)
    First time I've ever heard of this! And i can't find any information on this either...

Seriously though, it sounds like you got a bad sli bridge. They are not terribly expensive but still a nice penny for what cost to make one of these...

***loads rifle***
    GREAT! Now i'm going to have to hunt down some greedy CEOs to make a point now. Cost a company like 25 cents to make that thing MAX and they charge like 10 bucks for it. Some are even charging $80!

18. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    I think he is thinking that enabling SLi in the Nvidia control panel will suffice, but you also need the SLi bridge.

19. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Guys it's not 2 faulty SLI bridges on 2 motherboards, anyway you can use the SLI without the bridge tried and no difference on the 181 Nvidia drivers. With SLI you must still get to put full detail up on Assassins Creed, GRID and UT3 even if it is on 1280x960 I go up in res but I still can't put up the detail to full. Single card 1280x960 everything on full UT3 major slowdown and looks like a 4year old comp on warefare levels, enable SLI the same performance on all games no improvment to my detail and if I start going up in the Res it's still poor but just at a higher res. If I can go up in res surly the detail will improve? even at the res im using...

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Get a professional to look at your pc. Your problem requires a hands-on approach. I have a feeling your pc is running fine and you're expecting too much from your hardware.