PC vs Killzone 2 (graphics)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by eduardmc, Jan 21, 2009.

1. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Yes, the controls are much slower, but that is to reflect heavy weapons,armour. There is no way with the weight you are carrying to move as fast as you could in COD4.

Plus its not COD4, to what most people are trying to compare.

As for the motion blur making you sick, i heard that before with other games too, especially fast-paced ones.

I haven't actually noticed the blur yet, or at least it didn't give me any negative effects.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i was looking for the demo on the ps store and where the hell is it? looked in demo section games section etc could not find any demo for kz2 just trailers.

3. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Should be on first page of PS store, if not, look in "latest".

Also this is for European store only, so US store wount have it.

Register a fake EU account if u want it... (and not from EU)

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

ohhh thanks ya usa account here :/.

5. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Calm down my freind , they were my opinions of the game and by know way directed at you or anybody else. I don't need you picking my post apart and pointing out what i said wrong as like i stated above there my opinions and in my eyes true.

Although seen as though you took the tim to do so i'll return the favour.

For a start can tell by the way you have reacted that the PS3 is your primary gaming console and thats all good.And i know other games have motion blur and if you wana take the time looking through my posts you may also find other threads i have mentioned motion blur on. Not just KZ2.

Just please don't take it to heart that i didn't like it. As i thought the game was good it would just be torture for me to play it.

And since you even mentioned my point about sensativity in which by know beens i ment the speed of running around and things , but when aiming the guns. It takes for ever even with the pistol or a grenade.

All in all "I THINK" it's a great looking slow game that full of effects and an awful lot of motion blur.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OK, so we all agree it's a great looking game... can we move on?

7. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    This thread is still going on? Wow talk about beating a dead horse! lol

8. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Without motion blur , I dont think I'd enjoy the game...
    Motion blur is one of the best effects they have in the game...
    Shadow of Colossus looked amazing because of motion blur..
    PGR looked realistic because of motion blur...
    Crysis looked amazing with motion blur..

I remember since early 1999 , I wanted to see motion blur in games...
    I've always believed it's one brilliant effect..

9. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    Motion blur is one of the most hated aspects of game for me.
    When i turn my head the world doesnt blur unless I am drunk.
    It's an artificial effect which really annoys me.
    I turn it off if i can , in every game.
    Except driving games, then it looks ok.

10. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Correction , it's not an artificial effect , motion Blur does exist , what happens when your Waving Good Bye to someone..
    Where else would you think the idea of adding such an effect stems from..
    Also when your eye loses focus , things start getting blur..
    Imagine some one throwing a ball at you or being in a kick boxing fight..
    About being drunk , yes..
    That at times adds the effect of more frames and for some less frames , for some people things get blur but for some things go super slow clear/detailed like the bullet time effect..
    Your example about turning ur head and not seeing motion blur..
    Thats really not doing anything..
    Killzone 2's environment is surly alot different then a bedroom enviornment..
    Imagine your adrenalin , kicking in and being in a war field with tanks and rockets firing at you..

Also when your eye loses focus during movement , your likely to see motion blur..
    The only difference is , that in games , they dont know what exactly your eye is focusing @ surly enough , so if there's a car driving by and then if it explodes , it's got to look like you weren't focusing on that clearly enough..
    Movies these days seem to be adding motion blur too..

11. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    actually, turning my head is THE example.
    Most motion blue in crysis occurs when the perspective is changed.
    Our brain creates NO motion blur on head turning, our brain is wired NOT to do that.
    As for things moving in the peripheral vision, I cannot agree more.
    Fast moving balls (s******) fast moving cars, fists etc have some kind of blur IF you are focusing on something else moving.
    But for head turning Crysis wise etc, that is simply unrelastic.
    Try it, the blur will only start after you spin a few times.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    With motion Blur they try to make the same effect ; when u move fast, u cant focus ur environment..thats for sure u can focus ur environment, and this is the todays software and hardware WAY of definition of that "CANT FOCUS WHILE MOVING" term..i guess.what a grammar.

13. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    again, ill make it short, since these things can carry on.
    Motion blue exists for fast movevent, focus in peripherals, being stoned and many other reasons.
    The one reason it does not exist, cannot exist, is due to turning your head.
    Everyone reading, try it now, turn your head to the right, make sure your eyes are open and snap your head to the left.
    Those left without a broken neck tell me, have you seen a blurry vision of your room / jail cell?
    No
    If you did consult a neurologist, but in theory, the brain automatically removes all blurring from your vision.
    Now, Crysis, the main offender IMO, creates the MOST blue when you turn your head / perspective from side to side.
    Having researched this quite a bit in my previous company (I worked in a medical imaging company) this annoyed us alot.
    But we cant do anything.
    Other than educate.
    Kapish?

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol developers cant make it better as we all see..we will get what they put in front of us.

15. meatfestival92

meatfestival92 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 9800 GTX @ 815/2078/1180
    You're all very confused about this.

Motion blur is supposed to simulate the behaviour of a camera, not the human eye.

Rather than causing yourselves neck injuries trying to "see" it in real life, try this instead:

wave your hand rapidly in front of your face in natural daylight. You see a blur.

Now try waving your hand in front of a CRT TV or monitor. You see a strobing effect because of the way the screen refreshes, on and off, just like a camera shutter. This is why we need motion blur in games. 60fps is still not high enough to eliminate the strobing of fast movement.

Why does nobody complain about motion blur in pre-rendered CGI? Because it looks natural and you don't notice it. So I find it baffling that people complain about it in games.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009

16. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    Motion blur is just a special effect. GG said it before they wanted to create a movie like experience with the games will some cool special effects and that's what they tried to replicate it.

A person driving a motorbike or car and in opposite direction another motorbike or cars passes him closely and the person have a look he should notice some motion blur. But I know many do not like it. But KZ2 just looks so much better in motion lol.

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    to keep the topic alive :)

metal gear solid 4 is the best visual game for p3 thus far

18. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Best looking real-time Cutscenes ever, but not overall imo

19. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Little Big Planet is the best, it's fun, looks good and really feels like a game thats right at home on a console.

20. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    the cutscenes are fantastic, but the textures are very low res in places

now thats one game that:
    A) I havnt played enough of yet
    B) Is truely a magnificant breaktrhough in game design, it just gets so many things spot on its excellent.