the "i'm proud of this picture i took" thread

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Ice Cold, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    yeah canon doesn't have the screwless mount design so as long as the mount is correct they should work fine

2. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    I will find out today. I was looking at them not so long ago and they look a lot more rugged than mine and have a red ring around them. Hopefully they do fit so i can have a play about with them :)

3. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You might be dissapointed.
    The older Canon lenses (1970 - 1990ish) pre EOS, used FD lenses, where the newer ones didnt.
    I have a load of FD lenses in the loft that wont fit my EOS400.

4. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    A couple more I thought were ok.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    nice gary, are those just with the kit lens you got with it?

i want a DSLR but im worried the lens that comes with it is going to be sh!t and i cant afford the camera + new lens right now

6. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    Yep its the standard one that comes with the Canon 1000D. I was thinking the same as you but even the standard lense seems to be fantastic.

7. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few more I was happy with.......

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Good ones Gary! :)

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, the kit lens is "fantastic" compared to any compact-ultrazoom... you exposition seems to be pretty much dead on in most of your photos... Read up on composition. A good photo always has a focal point, it always makes you stare at it for hours...

10. mft4

mft4 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660ti
    A local pub taken at 7.30am. (sony a200 tamron 17-50)

[​IMG]

c&c welcome
    thanks for looking.

11. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thats pretty good. I even like the conversion and blown highlights, as they seem to work with it.
    It may have been nice seeing strong detail in the sky and road, but i also like it the way it is.
    I think i would clone the school sign out (and poss TV ariel), then this will make it date less, as then it could have been taken anytime during the last century.

12. mft4

mft4 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 660ti
    Thanks pcthug.

I also liked the blown highlight look it added to the age effect. Trust me when i say i tried to clone out the school sign, i gave up after a while.

here is the colour version to compare.
    [​IMG]

13. WLADYC

WLADYC Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060
    Wow it's a nice picture.

Here is my first macro shot with macro lens. Taken with D80, 60mm af-d micro and SB-800.

[​IMG]

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Do you want c&c on that photo mate?

15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    [​IMG]

The photo makes me think it was the first alien out of the plant buds ready to attack.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009

16. WLADYC

WLADYC Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060

yes please :)

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    OK, looks like you used the built in flash. Now for macro, you'll have to invest in an external flash or you'll really struggle. You might be ok without an external flash on a sunny day with loads of natural light, but more often then not you'll end up chasing the little buggers around bushes and that usually means lack of light. An external flash will open up a whole new world of macro. Your camera is nice and that macro lens is good for close ups.

What you seemed to do was raise the ISO quite a lot to get a decent shutter speed. With a 60mm macro you should be able to hold it still @ around 1/100s. Put the lens in manual focus, and 1:1 focusing, then find an object to shoot and looking down the viewfinder, move forward/backward until you hear focus on confirmation beep (this is with the shutter button half pressed of course). Don't use AF for macro, your lens will be hunting non stop messing up most of your shots. You should aim to get around 1/100s, f9 and more at ISO 100/200. This will be hard to achieve without an external flash. You probably have to use ISO 1000 and you still won't get f9 is this right? Once you buy an external flash, you'll be surprised how much it'll change your photos. I now shoot @ ISO 100, f11 and 1/250s without problem 90% of time...

Check out some of my work here, hope the link works... Can't wait to go out again and shoot them bugs! http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/eclap78/macro/

18. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080

I will also try and give this a go.
    Do you have a ring flash or conventional camera top mounted one? Is it mounted, or held in place using a lead?

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have 430EX II on a lead mouted to a bracket. It works great from the hotshoe also...

20. garylouden

garylouden Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG OC GTX280
    [​IMG]

I just took this and was wondering if somone more "camara savvy" could explain why the water drops seem to have a back to front tail. It looks like they are rising and not falling. Im guessing this is becuase the shutter speed was to slow but I have no real idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.