Download: GeForce ForceWare 182.05 Beta Driver XP | Vista 32/64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by shine.x64, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    This thread is about the new 182.05 driver, and NOT about which OS is better, uses more RAM, supports which games, etc.

Please, stop it, or I'll have to make it stop!

That's great! Thanks for mentioning that, BlackZero. :thumbup:

2. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    That's what I thought also. Downloading now. :)

3. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    I did a quick vehicle match, seemed fine as always for me (never crashed before other than because of Hardware OpenAL); however, the wrong SLI mode is still set by the default driver game setting, I have to force it to alt frame rendering 2 since the 181+ drivers.

4. Nugzo

Nugzo Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 295
    3 hours of COD 5 Multiplayer with graphics turned as far up as they can go. 1920x1200 Fraps never dropped below 60fps/ IQ is great. Vista 64. 3dMark 06 21,100 with 181.22, 21,895 with this driver.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009

5. HeatSurge

HeatSurge Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 c216 679/1080
    [moreofftopic]
    Personally, I loved XP from day one. Windows 2000 (the predecesor on the NT kernel) was just not ripe enough. XP was the answer. I upgraded from Windows 98 immediately.

I hated Vista from day one. Still do. Still use XP.

I have hopes for Windows 7 to be what Vista wasn't, but we are yet to see.
    [/moreofftopic]

On topic now. The drivers work really well for me. Even the stuttering in Left 4 Dead is gone (single GTX 260 216 shaders older bigger core and better PCB lol that's a long description but heck there are so many "editions" now).

However, I still get a random crash (weird - sound loops and screen goes to single color) after 10-15 minutes of playing left 4 dead. Afterwards, I have to turn my PC off completely (hard off) because if I just press the reset button it resets in a loop, before even showing the bios screen (nothing else has ever made it crash like that but nvidia 180 drivers and Left 4 Dead). I wish I didn't because it's smooth as butter now otherwise. Multicore rendering makes no difference - crash happens, sooner or later (within 15 minutes).

I was previously using 177.92 with great success (178 drivers break AA in Battlefield 2142 that's why not them). I guess I'll stop playing left 4 dead and pray that the crash will be fixed in the next driver set. BTW it never happened with 177.92 and yes my temps are fine, everything is perfectly stable.

I'm afraid it might be some incompatibility between my mobo (old Nforce 4 SLI AMD - Dfi LanParty SLI-DR Expert with an opty 170 at 2.7ghz 1:1 with memory) as it's slowly aging... but then again 177.92 works perfectly - I have NEVER experienced a crash like that in l4d and I played it almost every day this last week for an hour or two a day.

Like I said exactly the same kind of crash happened with 181.20 and 181.22, but it was stuttering once in a while (every 5-6 mins for about 2 secs) with multicore on as well. Now the stuttering is gone. Hope crash goes away next driver set too.

6. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Dang
    Massive drop in frames for GTA IV =/ 10-15 I'd say.

7. Abiosis

Abiosis Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX590 CLASSIFIED LE
    works flawlessly...seems like this beta fixed the downclocking issues...

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

After playing for a few hours this morning, It seems the flickering sky issue is not completely fixed.. however there is a significant reduction in flickering on my system and a performance improvement, I feel these are related as the sky flicker seems to be more prevalent during texture loading/stuttering. I have come across a mod that apperently imroves texture flickering but haven't had a chance to test it fully. I will post any meaningful information regarding this in the fallout 3/ texture mods thread.

9. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    All recent posts dragging the thread off topic have been deleted. Any further posts arguing about XP / Vista / Windows 7 will also be deleted, so I suggest you don't waste your time typing them.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Win7 32bit

12hrs stable.

This driver's physx fixes the corrupted graphics issue in the Cryostasis demo.

No problems to report. Still testing...

11. tofuartist

tofuartist Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 480
    Can anyone confirm any drops in GTA IV or is it just me? Compared to 181.22*

12. !H'Guru

!H'Guru Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    @ MrXGamer, the source games you play with the GTX295. Is the stuttering like microstutter? Or more like framedrops? Because it seems the microstutter issue could be fixed by loosen RAM timers. That's how a friend of mine solved his problem.

13. BlueWeb

BlueWeb New Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 260 (216)
    I want to tentatively say that this driver release has fixed the corrupted shadows issue in LOTRO DX10 for me. I didn't do extensive testing, but I did go through all of the scenarios that caused it for me and it did not happen.

14. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

The DX10 shadows are indeed fixed :)

15. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

That's ridiculous. The drivers run fine for me and everyone else in source games, only you have a problem with these.

NVIDIA had a hitching issue with Left4Dead but these 182.05 drivers fix that. Source games run without any issues. Something else is wrong with your system.

16. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Why do you say this? What do you mean the "wrong" sli mode? Do you mean you don't get any SLI scaling with the built-in profile?

Does AFR2 cause corruption at all? The default profile and AFR2 are almost identical. Are you sure this isn't a case of the placebo effect?

17. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Edited to keep thread conflict clean..

My pewnee 320mb 88GTS I am running at the moment runs Devil May Cry 4 in DX10 beautifully with the 182.05 betas, higher FPS noticable. Even Mirror's Edge has a boost. A keeper
    Plus this driver works on Win 7 64..

18. prof72

prof72 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
    Awesome will try it tonight @home, thx :)

19. Krankie

Krankie Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680 LIGHTNING
    great driver... Fear 2, Mirrors Edge, Grid, Shelshock 2, Burnout Paradise and COD 5 are running verry smooth.

keepers for me!

20. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I have blue screen in mass effect, silent hill 5, and others, with this drivers :(:(
    I know this is drivers isue, on the blue screen show me message problem with nv4disp