The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Question about Operation Anchorage DLC

I am at level 16 right now....should I get this or wait until my next run thru.

How does this work...will I always have access to it, even in a new game.

I guess i just need someone to explain this stuff to me.

2. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
  3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    How to fix it ? Is it possible ? :S

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Can't say without more information, how about you start off by answering the questions in my last post :p

Considering the amount of trouble I had with the last 'official' patch I'm not sure I have the will to attempt installing this.

ps. Looks like it fixes the mouse bug too, I'm gonna wait for some feedback before I give it a try.

As far as I know you should always have access to it, kind of like shivering isles on oblivion, apparently it's a distress call with a marker added on the map which you must travel to if and when you want to start the new mission.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Damn i just disabled one mod, i will try with it again!

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Some updated mods posted in the high definition texture mods thread.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3025706&postcount=166

Ps. Sky textures flickering with sli enabled fixed with latest 182.05 drivers!

pps. copied from 185.02 driver thread.

After playing for a few hours this morning, It seems the flickering sky issue is not completely fixed.. however there is a significant reduction in flickering on my system and a performance improvement, I feel these are related as the sky flicker seems to be more prevalent during texture loading/stuttering. I have come across a mod that apperently imroves texture flickering but haven't had a chance to test it fully. I will post any meaningful information regarding this in the fallout 3 thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  7. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    i have installed the new patch....now where are my saved games?

I don't have an option to load a game....it is greyed out?

Nevermind.....I fixed it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  8. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Are you talking about the "unofficial patch"?

If so. Did you back up your game before installing?

9. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    No, it is the 1.0.35 official patch....after installing, I have no save games....WTF?

I got it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  10. Messerschmitt

Messerschmitt Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7970 DCU II
    Hey got a gameplay questions.

Once you buy your apartment upgrades like My first infirmary and laboratory you also have the "item" in your inventory with -- weight and -- value. What do you do exactly with it? I've seen you can place them in a container (only tried inside the house) and you still have the upgrades available in your apartment.

What is their purpose of the "item" version "House: My first laboratory" when the laboratory is already present in your house?

11. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    weird, in my current game I'm finding that every once in awhile my "victims" are missing their weapons when I loot the body, but it shows up later. I was at the Capitol Building recently and fragged a super mutie who had a missile launcher, but all I got on looting was a couple missiles. When I went by that spot the next day, the launcher was there. And I just went through Mama Dolce's and most of the Chinese remnants I first encountered didn't have their Chinese assault rifles on them afterwards (and nowhere to be seen in the vicinity). But, when I came back the same way after clearing the loading docks, all those bodies had their rifles on them. When this happens, there's no "empty" underneath the character's description after a total loot, but there's nothing in their inventory (at first).

I don't recall that happening in previous games but maybe I'm just not remembering. Could just be happening often enough to really notice this time I guess. Anyone else have this?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  12. kenjishinoda

kenjishinoda Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 6870
    anyone know what happened to the LIVE option after the recent patch? i was finally able to create a windows live account and i wanted to start again to work on achievements but when i click on LIVE, nothing happens. the LIVE button just becomes highlighted. it doesn't ask me to input my live access key or log in to my live account. did i miss anything?

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I'll LOL if it fixes my crashing issue.

P.S (for those of you who read this thread about 10 pages earlier)

I won a settlement to just go away. :banana:

14. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Whoa. Any chance you can go into what happened gamerk2? Sounds interesting.

15. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB

Essentally, due to crashes that always occured in certain spots (on clean installs of both XP32 and Vista64, sound disabled, ect.), and a lack of support, I sued, as federal law clearly states a defective product can be exchanged for cash refund. And as far as my components are concerned, the game was defective. (I farther tested using someone elses saves. Game runs like butter except in certain, pre-determined points, ruling out hardware issues).

Had they went to court and lost, every software company would be required by law to ensure their code works on every major hardware component in existence. You think they wanted to take that chance?

I'm making a stand with PC games from here on out. If its a game software issue that isn't patched within a reasonable period of time, I will take legal action. Maybe one day, these horrific PC ports will finally start getting some quality attention...

16. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB

Good take your 50 bucks and cram it. You're still a self centered jerk. Oh and as the saying goes "Prove it". I have never seen such a reaction to a game not working on a system. I would hate to know you in real life as you seem to drain any and all life from anything. I do not care about being temp banned, you sir are the uber Dumbass.

17. KevKiev

KevKiev Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6970
    ... well, that might be a bit ambitous.

Are you sure the non-disclosure agreement that had to have come with your settlement (unless maybe it was for a very small amout) allows for disclosure of even its existence? Those contracts are typically framed in widely inclusive language.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  18. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
    Agreed. It's people like gamerk2 that make mass genoicde understandable.

19. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    I got Fallout 3 Collector's Edition the otherday. I had to remove the plastic shroud so I could carry it better. I was getting weird looks on DC's actual Metro system. XD I use it almost everyday to get to and from campus. Based on in-game pics of the Metro Station, things are pretty accurate. :D

20. capoz77

capoz77 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560ti Twin FrozR
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.