Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    @seaplane pilot- Go to Toolstab, > Internet options> Connections> Lan Settings> Uncheck all boxes in Local area network (LAN) Settings.
    Then you shouldbe fine. Trying to access certain webpages will still resulting in problem you mentioned but you will not loose connection totally.
    Cheers

2. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Thanks, it worked even though I never use IE I hate when programs don't work correctly.

3. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Upgraded from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit.

Everything running super smooth, finally I can use my 4 gig of RAM.

Only issue I've had is that I selected for my hard drive to be formatted for a fresh install but it only updated. Not a major issue.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You have to manually format the harddrive/partition. Also, it's not possible to "upgrade" from 32bit to 64bit. The 32bit copy of Windows had to be removed first.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah, that's for any edition of Windows from 32-bit to 64-bit.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Second install: i still experience serious mouse issue. where my mouse wont respond for *random period of time, usually a second or two and it happens very often but randomly.

likely a MX driver issue since i'm using Vista's. hopefully logitech will have one ready by W7's release. Other than that, runs fine but still feels like Vista to me and no more intuitive than Vista is, hopefully the retail will run on my netbook as good or better than XP. if not i may go to Linux cause i hate XP even on a netbook.

7. TheAgeOfMen

TheAgeOfMen Master Guru

GPU:
    750M
    What do u guys think the best videocard driver for Windows 7?

Im currently still using 177.39 because i play alot of Wow, these seem to be the best drivers for IQ (cuz more preformance i dont need), these drivers also give the best vieuwing of the OS itselfe, so i wonder what other ppl are using and think that is best.

8. Spewmonic

Spewmonic New Member

GPU:
    Asus EN8800GTS 320MB
    Hey guys, I've got a question to ask. I've already installed Windows 7 on a seperate partition on my laptop. A Dell Vostro 1510 but still under warranty and I'm amazed by how fast it is.

So far, I have Vista HP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit installed in dual-boot and I've noticed that there's a bit of a performance decrease when I load either one of them and now I'm trying to decide on which one to keep. So my question is:

1) Should I make Windows 7 my Primary OS or should I keep Vista HP? Please state your reasons on why you suggest either one.

Thanks a lot. :)

9. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    If you don't mind dealing with the few little bugs that Windows 7 has, then go for 7. If you're not the tinkering type just wait till the official release. It's not like you can't go back to Vista if you have problems. Windows 7 ftw! I've been running it just fine. I will stay on build 7000 until the official release.

10. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, it looks like win7 ultimate is going to cost £200+ come November. I'm just worried now that 7-8months time this beta will run out and I might not be able to install win7 final over the top.

11. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Those are leaked prices, they are in no way official.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Stormy: why... would you want to install a released OS over top of a beta build of the same OS? pretty sure a clean install would be the preferred method by pretty much everyone here.

13. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    So I don't have to reinstall everything? ;)

You know how much time it takes to install 30+ games and apps? It's completely boring :p

I like fresh installs and tweaking as much as anyone else, but, I'm getting old and running out of patience. Plus I'm doing my CCNA so don't have much time.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Use nlite......

Don't worry - there's bound to be a f_x out for it by then. (fill in the missing letter).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  15. seyKo

seyKo Master Guru

GPU:
    -zotac geforce gtx260²
    does any1 know why the heck counterstrike 1.6 opengl doesn't work with windows 7 properly?

tried tweakforce 181.22, 185.20 and standart drivers, i get the same issues with every drivers i tried...

ingame menu is flickering all the time, i can see sprites through walls and the hud etc. is flickering also... d3d works fine but there i can't turn off the fkn vsync and i hate mouselag & 60 fps barrier (my tft has only 60hz)...

is there a workaround to turn off vsync in d3d in cs or that opengl works as it should do?

tried disabling vsync via nvidia control panel and rivatuner, didn't help me out...

16. Stormyandcold

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    No idea Seyko. I only play cs:s. I can say though that Half-life (including death-match online) works fine in opengl. Using 64bit and wddm 1.1. Doom3 also works wonderfully in win2k compatiblity mode.

17. seyKo

seyKo Master Guru

GPU:
    -zotac geforce gtx260²
    hmm... how do i do that compatibilitiy mode with steam games? i use 64bit too..

i don't play cs:s :/

well i don't want to use the standart wdm 1.1 drivers :wanker:

18. shish

shish Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GT260

The only way to get that working is to install 179.23 drivers for me. I am encountering that issue also... Pissing me off... cannot even try the optimized drivers for newer games (PhysX games)...

I guess waiting for a new set of drivers is the choice... like always...

I cannot let the best MP game down just for graphics right??:nerd:

19. seyKo

seyKo Master Guru

GPU:
    -zotac geforce gtx260²
    hmm... are those drivers good at least?

couldn't find any modded 179.23 ones :(

20. shish

shish Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GT260
    Those are the ones that work the best for me, i guess you should try any of the 17x.xx drivers. You should be able to find a modded set here or on laptopvideo2go website also.

Have fun !!!:)

When you search for NV TI 4200 drivers on the Nvidia website, it gives me the 93.71 set... I don't want to be mean or anything but... regarding your old card, you should use those.

What is your setup anyways on your W7 machine??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.