Creative card built for vista?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by kcdrummer, Feb 6, 2009.

1. kcdrummer

kcdrummer Member

GPU:
    msi gtx7800
    Does anyone know if there has been a card introduced by creative or anyone else that has been a redesign for vista? I find it odd we are still in the xfi category as creative has introduced new cards built on new processors much more frequently than this.

2. Rancoor

Rancoor Banned

GPU:
    y...
    x-fi is good. I dunno about urs but my Titanium is.

And i don't know about all the Vista driver probs evryone is on about, but Iam running Vista 32 and my X-fi Titanium works likes a dream, not a single hitch, pop crackle or whateva.

3. kcdrummer

kcdrummer Member

GPU:
    msi gtx7800
    This really doesn't hit on anything from my post but thank you? I have an xfi too but that really doesn't have anything to do with my post.

4. Garak

Garak Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 280 GTX OC
    Vistas handling of soundcards is such garbage that it took the devs YEARS just to get all the features that always worked on XP to work on vista.

To answer you question - no absolutely not, not directly designed for that garbage OS.. But yes full support is now included finally gonna be offered.. Check the front page sure, guru3d has info on an upcoming Azuntech X-FI card that will support vista with all the features that xp always has had (eax, DD live, DTS interactive) (well almost of all of them, still no true support for Directsound 3d)

If anything developers are currently working on making new cards for Windows 7. As vista was just a huge mistake that MS is now trying to correct with win7.

5. Rancoor

Rancoor Banned

GPU:
    y...
    sorry I was just tired of hearing people complaining how x-fi is **** and Asus Xonar are "sooo Perrrfect"

6. kcdrummer

kcdrummer Member

GPU:
    msi gtx7800
    Fair enough man. :)

Agreed Garak on all accounts but I have one machine that has Vista on it and don't want to buy another OS until 7 is out so I'm kind of stuck with it for now and it has an audigy 2 zs :(

In looking for help I had just started to wonder, why in the world hasn't creative built a new card from the ground up instead of playing with drivers and trying to get them vista compatible, which they have done very poorly imo. I really want to move away from creative for my next card if there is a viable alternative but they have entrenched themselves so deep into game development it may be difficult. If they would put the same effort into support it wouldn't be so bad.

7. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    What are you talking about? Everything on my X-Fi works in Vista. EAX was always dependent on DirectSound. MS stopped using that API in Vista. Blame MS. Thank Creative for making Alchemy so EAX works with OpenAL.

P.S. Vista handles audio MUCH better than XP.

8. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Actually it wasnt always dependent on Direct sound, as OpenAL games Supported it too. For it to be always dependet on DS they would have to be no openAL only games that had it. Granted they the hal out of vista , but it didnt effect OpenAL EAX games. It only effected games which used Direct sound hal that had eax api on top of it for that game.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009