The Guru3D Fallout 3 PC Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sash, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NN1T1NN

NN1T1NN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 (700/1200)
    are there any hi-res texture mods that don't add the extra blood thing, cause the one i have creates all this blood on the screen when i get shot and it is kinda annoying, can someone point me to a texture mod that is just the textures and not the blood, thanks, by the way when i completed op anchorage and got out of the sim and was collecting the stuff, all of a sudden all the outcast members turned evil on me, i killed them but was wondering if this happened to anyone else.

2. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

3. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
  4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Haha no luck this time.

5. NN1T1NN

NN1T1NN Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 (700/1200)
    thanks for the link

6. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB

Setup on left, on clean installs of XP32 and Vista 64. And for the record, their forums are literally filled with people having instability issues.

If a game refuses to run on a clean instal, its defective, end discussion. I've given the devs three choices: Fix the game, give me my $60 back, or get sued.

7. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Best of luck to you.

And for the record.
    Game runs on my system without a hiccup.

8. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    Well, you could have a driver issue.
    Try playing the game on another PC, if it works, your PC is defective, end discussion...

9. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I've tried it on two seperate PC's on 3 seperate clean OS installs (the other PC was XP-32, with a 680i mobo, 2.2 Duo (E2200??), 2GB DDR 667, and a 7800 GTX). Tried every NVIDIA driver back to 174.24 WHQL, and removed all my other cards from the case while testing. I also tested the three latest BIOS versions for my 790i, just to remove them as a factor. (All BIOS settings at default)

Essentially: Format -> Windows Update -> GFX Drivers -> Install Game -> Test -> Update game -> Test, with three diffrent clean OS installs over two seperate PC's.

In my case, the product is defective, and US federal law mandates cash rebates for defective products. And no software company would risk loosing a lawsuit like that, due to the monatery issues of having to be liable for its code...

Of course, an answer from their tech support would also be nice...

10. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    So far as I hear you, the only issues that is common between the two PCs you tested it on and common to the continuing problem is...you. Perhaps there is something your doing wrong, it may be something simple that you are over looking. My advice is to calm down, inspect the disk for defects, and also check all of the optical drives you have tried. I have a dvdrw that would not install Vista or xp, the drive works fine, it installs software just fine. I just had to use another drive to install an OS. Funny stuff like that can happen. Hell I would take my sales slip back to the store you got it from and swap it out for a new one. In Texas you are allowed to do so for the exact same product, not sure how it works in NY. If that new one does not work, there is some hardware issue.

11. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Trust me, I've done all that. Heck, I've broken out the debug tools to try to find the issue (looks to be a major memory leak somewhere, I'm still testing). And whats the point of exchanging for a copy of a game that does not work as advertised? And for the record, If CoD, Crysis, FC2, and every major game over the past 5 years works flawlessly, and then one game simply refuses to work, it becomes a bit easier to see where exactly the issue is.

Also, the game runs perfectly up to the "Walk to daddy" scene; if it was a issue on my end, you would expect crashes elsewhere as well. I've even tested using a friends autosaves; its certain spots that crash, while others work perfectly (farther proving a game specific issue, as driver/OS conflicts would crash everywhere).

I expect games to have issues that need to be resolved through patches, thats understandable. This is the first time in years (since the 95 days) I have been unable to play a game stable after two seperate patches. And the total lack of support from their people is what is forcing me to hold them responsable from their product.

This is the last time i'm responding to this thread. Later tonight, I intend to serve notice of claim against Bethesda, on the grounds their product (in this case, the software) is defective as its current version, and that company has refuesed to give a full refund in exchange for return of the product (under federal law, a defective product can be exchanged to the manufacture for a full cash refund).

12. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Ok..good luck with that. Over react much? For me after the last patch I had to do a reinstall and roll back to older nvidia drivers. A reinstall then patch work flawlessly. Do some google searching before you go and get all red in the face at Bethesda, chances are if your an ass to them, they can afford better lawyers.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Just bought it and works fine here except for the crappy performance. Btw are there any ways of fixing the head bobbing? It's one of those games where the player's movement is delayed by the goddamn animations.

Other then that, fun game.

14. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Crappy performance? Maxed out @1680x1050 I get an average of 40fps. If I take it down some I get a steady 55+. You should be able to get better than that. It is also not a FPS, it is an RPG, so it will not really play like a true FPS, no matter what you do. As soon as my GTX260 gets here I will see how much better it is vs my current card.

15. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Have a look here:
    http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html
    I used that to set up my game settings
    Put the DVD in to access the advanced settings.
    Once done. Go to your Fallout3 folder and create a short cut for Fallout3.exe
    You'll never need the DVD again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Bethesda and the courts would laugh in your face.

By the way, the game works fine for millions... the proof is there that people have a perfectly working game, including myself. The courts would never rule in your favour, end of story. Good luck with that though.

Regardless, it looks like you are completely failing to install your chipset drivers.

17. yaleblor

yaleblor Guest

GPU:
    770gtx 2gb
    there has to be something hinkled up in your rig , i can run the game with no problems (most every thing set to high) @1650x1080
    it looks good and runs extremely well

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Tweakguides helped, but at some points when the frames drop, the mouse becomes rather sluggish, for now that's mainly a problem in Rivet City though.
    Most of the annoying "feel" with the movement got fixed by changing the FOV, apperently this is yet another one of those games where widescreens are bugged xD

But at least the gameplay is good so it was a €40 well spend.

19. Knivestheacegun

Knivestheacegun New Member

GPU:
    Evga 9600 GSO 768 ddr3
    I've been having trouble with this game aswell.
    I've played half way through it and just couldnt stand the "stuttering" any longer.By stuttering I mean a slow down in performance every 2 seconds or so
    standing still or moving(not microstuttering as shown on youtube for example) Even Though my FPS will stay at an average of 60 even on ultra settings it would still do this even on the lowest settings.

There are many ways to try and tweak the game to run right on your machine.Edits in the ini. file such as forcing vsync off, setting the ifps clamp, and or using the FPS limiter (works better for some than the .ini edit alone) other minor edits in the .ini file that can make a big diffrence, overclocking, etc. Reading the fallout 3 tweakguide helps alot for all this.

Though none of this fixed my stuttering problem but helped the FPS jump some.I narrowed it down to disabling my onboard audio and running the game.This almost completely fixed my problem.So I re-enabled it and messed with some edits in the AUDIO section of the .ini such as setting the use audio cache option to 0. and setting mulit-threaded audio to 1.While The sound was being used this helped, but wasnt as good as totally not using the sound.
    Im not sure this is the direct cause, or just related to it.

but im going to get a better card and see if it helps.need one anyway I have a Home theater sytem connected to my PC but im only getting 2 channel audio and I do some minor audio production stuff.prob a SB x-fi Titanium fatality Pci-e.
    If this dosent help then i guess its just due to my poormans gamer build.

20. Matt151b

Matt151b Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    I just got the game. Has anyone tired the High resolution texture pack? Does it work on the Steam Version? I want to know if I can play it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.