Download link for 9.1 catalyst drivers!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GameX, Jan 29, 2009.

1. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    Tried some more:
    as of now Vantage, Crysis, CODWAW and GTA4 are playing as smooth as with 8.12LatestHotfix....so these drivers are actually not improving anything (at least for single cards owners) but they are stable and good in the end...nothing special!

2. Snarl

Snarl Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
    Installed just fine (previous 8.12) I typically uninstall through the OS (Vista 32 Bit Home Premium), boot to safe mode (F8), drive sweeper, boot to normal desktop, Install new driver and reboot.

So far every thing is fine, no improvement noted but no losses either, I'm assuming any gains/losses are incremental and don't necessarily make themselves evident (no time to bench everything, at least for now sorry).

Drivers look solid

3. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Can someone tell me if powerplay is working on vista x64 with the 9.1 ?

4. busta_dude

busta_dude Active Member

GPU:
    Sapp R9 280x Dual X Stock
    I hope KillerSneak will combine this driver with the previous hotfix with the multicore support and make it better in next DNA Driver...

5. GameX

GameX Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce 670 2GB
    Issues

After further testing this drivers when playing crisys warhead i got the famous
    atikmdag has stopped responding and has successfully recovered with catalyst 9.1 i also noticed that my cards are running in higher temps rolling back to 8.12 hot fix

6. m.3ck

m.3ck Member

GPU:
    2x 4890 1GB CF
    Its not working right for me. Running 2 x 4870. When I start up my pc, gpu #2 will be in 3d mode, have to start a game and quit to get it back to 2d clock

7. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    it's working here
    i've rebooted a few times and the 2d clocks are always correct for both cores when windows loads
    i tried gta4, the cores switched to 3d mode and then back to 2d when i exited

8. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    work well for me here. seem stable on XP 32. Stalker CS and CoDW@W both run great. Stalker seems to not hitch as much and CoD runs as good as ever. ran 3dmark 06 and got same score as before (8.12).

looking at the release notes it looks as if they have been working on more bug fixes then performance. if there ever is a "performance driver" this isnt it. besides my rig runs smooth and i wouldnt want any drop in IQ just for a few more 3d marks/FPS. however it would be nice if they had better profiles, fan control etc...

im sure a 9.1 hotfix will be along soon enough.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  9. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    It's not likely that ill do that for the official DNA-ATi release. But it's indeed possible and it can be done.

10. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Drivers fine here too, as have most of the drivers been since I got my card. I assume the multicore hotfix will be out soon.

I never uninstall ATI drivers before re-installing new ones as the install manager takes care of everything and I've never had a problem.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    9.1 seem fine at my end. have tried a few benchmarks and about 10 games.
    i think it has a bit less performance compared to 8.12 hf2, but im ok with it.
    uninstalled old drivers, driver swept, then installed the new drivers like i always do.
    will continue testing the coming week :)

12. js01

js01 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk
    This is probably the best my games have run since I got crossfire, I noticed that I always get improvements in xp but when I use vista that's where the problems pop up maybe it's still not mature yet I don't know but if more people just used xp for games I bet there would be alot less problems.

13. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB

I'd rather poke myself in the eye repeatedly than go back to XP......

14. Funky Doodle

Funky Doodle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI HD 5830 1GB
  15. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC

if alot more people used XP then, there would be no reason to fix vista and move forward in the OS department.I haven't upgraded because of $

16. nytevizion

nytevizion Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    This never works for me, I get some serious performance issues when installing the video drivers this way. With ATI AND Nvidia! :bang:

17. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
  18. dmak

dmak Master Guru

GPU:
    zotac 770
    well I tried one install with vista 64 and it worked kinda. After reboot CCC didnt start or respond to manual starting, sigh. I will attempt to manually delete all the files and see if that helps. one question, where do these drivers install to? they are not located in the normal C:>ATI folder anymore.

never mind found it,

will post back about performance etc (assuming it installs correctly)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    After all my anger, I actually tried these drivers out and they do have very nice performance. Even better for me than 8.12hf2 which gave me alot of stuttering.

20. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    i said i gained like 8~10 frames in gta4 with NO slowdowns and stuttering but no one wanna listen !!!