How many people are for or against Weed?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jonnyboy, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Should Weed be Legal?

1. Yes

60.1%
  2. No

30.1%
  3. Maybe

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    recently there were stories for Obama and his so called changes .I'm wonder about making pot legal because it is the most harmless thing that mellows people out, and doesn't give people thought of robing Liquor stores and it doesn't make people aggressive if they drink too much and if you smoke too much you will just get tired and not end up Poisoned just you would get if you drank way too much.What are other peoples thoughts on this?

2. lekistan

lekistan Banned

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7600 GT
    I guess in these current bad economic times, depression, wars, layoffs, bankrupcies...making people feel their weak, brainless sheep, passive, tired to take any kind of actions, hmm, by that thinking they'll make weed mandatory.

:)

3. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Master Guru

GPU:
    Intergrated (for now)
    No. The last thing I need in my life is to be surrounded by weed-stinking mongs.

The worlds already gone to pot, lets make it literally.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    the subject hasnt gone anywhere in decades, their not going to legalize it anyway, so it doesnt matter. pot lovers are for it, others dont care, been discussed to death already and most everyone knows the good and bad effects of alcohol and pot

5. CADCAT

CADCAT Guest

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870 1GB GDDR5
    I luv it ;)

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    no, im against drugs overall i know a few pot-heads and they ****ed up most the time so no i dont think this is a good idea.

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I don't believe the Government in the UK has a coherent view or policy on drugs! Cannabis has been reclassified as Class B AGAIN following the declassification fiasco last time! We now have a nation wide problem with Vietnamese Cannabis grows spring up all over the place.

And no matter how much people say it does no harm to them, CANNABIS SALES FUND ORGANISED CRIME as do all ILLEGAL DRUG sales. Its effects on individuals may be up for debate but the cold simple fact is that buying and smoking illegal drugs funds criminal activity! FACT. IF you care about that good, get off the weed, if you don't then I'll leave it with you!

8. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    :smoke: I'm all for it.

Schmoke & a pancake? :toke:

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    id like it to be legalised simply to use those resources for dealing with heroin and cocaine dealers/importers, total waste of time chasing potheads/pot dealers

Personally i regard alcohol as worse than pot because if youve an addictive personality alcohol is more socially acceptable and easier for those folk to become addicted or reliant on it. Personally i could never get addicted to pot because youd get absolutely nothing done, and pot is total crap without a few mates to enjoy a smoke with

10. Igor Moskovic

Igor Moskovic Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire HD 4870 512
    Used to like when i was still young...

getting high then making love then listening to music... :beam:

Years laters and just the smell of it makes me feel sick and want to vomit, can't explane. :3eyes:

But i wouldn't legalize it, don't think that would be a good idea.

11. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    i said maby as i'm not sure realy :p

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I'm indifferent, quite a few people I know smoke it, if it was legal it would certainly make it easier for them, there would be less reason for dealers to push it (getting people less into bad situations), costs could be regulated, more laws would be introduced to regulate it like alcohol is the now.

I'm not too sure what the bad points of it would be, being legalised.

I myself, don't like it, I feel incredibly bad when I smoke it, I enjoy alcohol enough to not need to supplement it with weed.

Not entirely, some people grow it in their houses or gardens, and sell it onto friends. The majority coming in will be organised drug smuggling though.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  13. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    W00T!!! I'll take a shmoke & a pancake. :D

I'm exactly the opposite. I enjoy marijuana enough that I don't drink.

14. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    like lmimmfn said alcohol is worse then pot.pot has never gave me cravings to commit violence like alcohol has when I drink too much and not only that when I run low on money I don't have the thoughts of going out and buying more.as with beer if some one says something I don't like I might get pissed depending what is going on,and when I'm low on cash I still spend it on beers like mickey's and steel reserve just to get sloshed.So how can people think Beer,liquor,or wine should be legal cause this topic seems like it's a mixture of both.How ever I don't do that with pot.

15. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    Hehe with a Tech forum I am not suprised at the results so far....

Escaping Reality = Not a good thing in any substance abuse

Sadly as with most drug abuse/sales it will never be stopped till demand dies but I doubt with the way younger generations deal with it that we will ever see it go away....

16. Exige245

Exige245 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Lol coincidentally, I did a group based literary commentary on this topic in ENC 1102 (Undergrad English Comp 2). We spoke in favor of legalization. However, personally I really dont know how I'd feel about it being legalized, aside from the fact that professional athletes wont have to go through the bull**** that Ricky Williams had to in the NFL, which would be a plus. I myself dont smoke or drink, so I dont have an addiction to either substance nor a desire to form one. I'm kind of indifferent, b/c Im unsure of the consequences we might face from actually legalizing it.

Oh, I did vote no in this poll though lol

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    and morphine too

18. Nexevo

Nexevo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 GS
    I'm a toker but I don't smoke it very often. In fact only on pay day/weekend which is once a month.

I was introduced to weed when I was in my teens and the major negative effect it has on me is that it makes me lazy.

ANY leisure drug (IMO includes alcohol) should be consumed/inhaled in moderation. Abuse can result in wrecked lives or even loss of lives.

The reason I don't believe marijuana should be made legal is that for many it is a Gate Way Drug. People go onto harder and harder drugs to feel the same 'buzz' as they did when they first tried weed. It's not just stories, I have seen it happen.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    legalize offcourse
    if alcohol is legal so should this be. no need to be paranoid about it!

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yes it should be legal, it's the governments that control all the major illegal substance sales anyway.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    Culpeper likes this.