ATI Catalyst 8.12 NEW HOTFIX 1/7/2009

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by king-dubs, Jan 8, 2009.

1. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Well Crysis did a hard freeze where you can't do anything (Caps Lock won't change) and I had to do a hard reset. TF2 and FO3 both had a display driver has stopped responding and crashed to desktop.

I noticed that Crossfire isn't enabled and I'm trying to figure that out also. No my old NVIDIA card was not crashing.

I put my jumpers on my T-Power i45 to CF configuration and I put the CF connectors on the cards. I couldn't find any BIOS settings to enable or disable CF and I can't find any in CCC to do the same.

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    CATALYSTCATCHER, is there anything you can tell us about adding gameprofiles to drivers? if its gonna happen at all ? (something like nvidia are doing)

3. Acleacius

Acleacius Member

Around 8.5 (maybe the earlier 8 series, can't recall atm) there were issues with AGP cards, making it necessary to keep older drivers for the more popular ATI cards like the 9800 and x800 series.

What's the status on older AGP cards and the new drivers?

Thanks for any tips. :)

4. DJAIWA

DJAIWA New Member

GPU:
    HD 4780
    In my case, i'm stucked with 8.10 + Hotfix, because these only drivers fix color settings bug. My desktop contrast level stays correct in all conditions. Hope catalyst 9.1 won't disappoint me!!!

5. northy84

northy84 Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire 6970 stock atm
    ok i had a quick read thru and noticed a lot about 8.12 and 4850 and 4870. but i cannot get the 8.12 driver to work on my rig, nor on my roommates. he has a 3870x2 on an intel build asus p5e mobo and a QX6850.. we both had the exact same problem our crossfire stopped working. performance literally halved for both of us in every crossfire game. and for myself in older games like CSS i was getting less with both cards then i was with one.

i'm going to keep a close eye to this thread for 9.1 to see if it fixes anything.

i also hope catalyst catcher reads this and can tell me if my house is 8.12 alergic or if this happens to a lot of crossfire situations, not just the 4850's.

fyi room mate has 3870x2 not pair of 3870's, and i still have a pair of old 2900xt's. i am overclocked to 3.1GHz cpu, room mate is at 3.8GHz cpu. i hope hope hope that this driver problem isnt linked to overclocking because that will not work for me.

6. main_shoby

main_shoby Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    hey catalystcatcher :D .. seems like u really are working for AMD .. whats with this self explaining promising name you got ?! lol

7. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    How about making a "Desktop" profile with correct colorsettings that you can enable when exiting games from the traymenu?? There is one game that resets my colors at exit as it did on my former Nvidia GTX280 card, but a simple profile remedys this... Annoying, yes, but I won't miss out on some serious performance enhancments and fixes just becauce of this.. Give it a shot...

8. brisos

brisos New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2
  9. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Seems they modified the date for cat 8.12 hotfix
    They added some notes,but still the same drivers

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=40671

10. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Fresh Vista 64 SP1 install... I downloaded the hotfix from ATI site and had tons of usbport.sys BSoDs in F.E.A.R. 2 demo... Reverted back to the official 8.12 release and everything is normal. :bang:

11. subfire91

subfire91 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Powercolor 4870 1GB
    1) do i have to uninstall the 8.12 WHQL to install these?
    2) is it needed for single gpu solutions?

12. northy84

northy84 Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire 6970 stock atm
    wow here it is 3 days left of january and still no 9.1 and still no fix.. sombody please post up when you get the 9.1 and get them working with your problem 8.12 system.

13. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    As I mentioned, fresh install. Meaning I just installed the hotfix right away and nothing else. I installed the 8.12 driver - which is stable - only after the hotfix gave me tons of BSoDs :(

And I dunno bout multi gpu solutions. Never had one. But the hotfix should be for everyone according to what I read.

14. ibitato

ibitato Guest

I found this, goggling around. I am not convinced to install de hotfix (my machine is running ok with 8.12).
    I just thought it might be interesting to post it.

http://www.bigbruin.com/2009/hotfix812_1

Obviously, I do not know this people and their conclusions are , theirs.

Hope it adds some value to this thread.

15. ibitato

ibitato Guest

16. nytevizion

nytevizion Active Member

GPU:
    6900XT
    Thats the same hotfix that was released weeks ago. You people need to pay attention to the threads you are posting to! How many times are we going to paste another link to the same hotfix? WTH is the matter with you all?

17. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB

The thread was posted on the day the hotfix was released?!? There has been two. This one enables multi threaded drivers in DX10. WTH is the matter with you?

18. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    is there a big difference between this hotfix and 8.12XP???

so i know if i keep XP or go vista

19. ibitato

ibitato Guest

besides the bug that fixes the CrossfireX issue, the boost in performace is only for DX10 (no DX10 in XP).
    I do not know if there is some other difference with XP.