Windows 7 ATI + NVIDIA Physx

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by KBDE, Jan 12, 2009.

1. KBDE

KBDE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI TRIO RTX 4900
    Currently it seems that the nvidia has to be the primary monitor for physx to work.

I would like to be able to add the nvidia card as a dedicated physx card (without activating it as primary or secondary monitor).

Is there a workaround for this? Anybody got it working?

2. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    is there a way to get it to work at all?

3. ShivanSpS

ShivanSpS Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GT240
    its works, but the problem is, is not detected by the nvidia demos.

Just install your ati card as normal, then install your nvidia drivers as well physx drivers, then go to display settings, use "detect displays" button, then select one grey monitor in you nvidia card and use the "extend desktop to this monitor" and apply... (no need for a real 2nd monitor), then go to the nvidia control panel, and select "Hardware Physx" Enabled... thats it...

CUDA programs like badaboom, will work, Physx well be working in hardware mode, but still not detected by nvidia demos and the physx control pnel will keep saying "disabled" instead of "geforce physx" but it does WORK, just test it.

I made it working using my 8300 igp for physx... but is just or testing haha, the 8300 cant do anything good enoght...

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Hope GeForce 8300 is better than the 7050 IGP....cuz it was horrid. Intel's GMA 3100 displays the windows desktop considerably better. GMA 3100 also looks better watching movies.

5. Wolfskin07

Wolfskin07 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    i'm using windows 7 and tried to install my 8600GT on my 1st PCI-E slot ( i use my HD4870x2 on the second PCI-E slot cause the cooler is too big to fit the WC hoosings) and booted up it doesn't eve n detec the nvidia card in device manager =S

Any of you has any idea why ?

6. Lluis

Lluis New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 8800GTPhysx
    Has someone tried Mirror's edge with this method to have physx?. I have physx working on windows 7 and I tested with fluidmark but Mirror´s edge doesn´t detect the 8800Gt for physx and it uses the cpu.

7. 1heone

1heone Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DmHTH7zdpo

8. Lluis

Lluis New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 8800GTPhysx
  9. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    seems to work somewhat on Windows 7, ati + nvidia physx accellerator aint a bad mix :)

10. Torch'em

Torch'em Member

GPU:
    3 x 480GTX
    If the PhysX is disabled, demos don't work and Vantage doesn't use it, how is it working? How do we test it then? The PhysX control panel still letting me enable it extended. Only does when the Nvidia GPU is the only display.

11. X4n4th

X4n4th New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870x2CFX+9800gt
    I have the same problem. Physx Will only enable when the Nvidia GPU is the main display.

What Driver Version are you using?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009