Travelling to America

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Kirkyl, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I'm working at getting a work Visa.

2. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Go to Intercourse and Blue Ball, Penn. then :p

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    yeah, try to avoid the shady areas at night so you dont have a negative experience. i have known a couple who were mugged in NY on their first day visit and immediatly went back saying how crime ridden America is. i think alot of people elswhere think similar, then again, maybe there is more crime here than elsewhere, i dunno but doesnt seem so to me.

4. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm off to Aus and the US of A from April sometime, not looked into it or anything yet though.

5. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    You could easily say the same for any populated area really.

I'm well aware of the risks so i'll be extra carefull,i won't be alone aswell.:)

6. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    That was in 2001, caused in part by Texan energy brokers. I love where I live, Sacramento does suck though

7. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    If you swing by Texas , You must check out (DFW) Dallas Fortworth ,Its one big cluster fook , I beleive the last count , we had over 5 mill people lol Check out deep Elum and hairy hines and of course both down towns dallas and fortworth

You should also check out Austin , Big ole Party town it has a few Colleges and the bigest is University of Texas
    with 50+K students I think the Girl to boy count in this city is 3 to 1 so if you cant get laid in Austin you cant get laid anywhere lol

Alot more to see in this state but its freaking big you can spend months just traveling around this state and still not see it all

ps: I guess this could be said about any part of the world but be carefull with the cab drivers and the prices they try cheat you out of ,

8. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Well I know you said you were not going to visit any Southern area, but come on you gotta come and see N'awlins (New Orleans) come and experience Mardi Gras, get drunk, see a few boobs(actually you can see that anytime of the year tho :p), that is if you can make it here by Feb 24th.

Also if you are looking for work, quite a few bars hire as well other places.

9. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB

Yeah Sactown sucked back when I lived near there. It just seemed to keep getting more dumpy. I miss a few places that no where in Texas can even come close. Do I want to move back, oh hell no.

Glad to be gone. Left a lot of friends there, have not seen my family since, but still am glad to be out of there.

10. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000
    Norvekh - One of the main reasons I enjoyed the time in Ohio was because me and my brother were staying with an old friend and it was one of the first times we'd spent time in the US in a place other than the more typical tourist spots, if you know what I mean.

The nicest state I went to was Oregon, I loved Portland :)

11. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Well the good thing about this trip is that i can go anywhere i want really so i'm open to suggestions,i've always wanted to see Orleans.

Speaking of which how is the place since Katrina?

12. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Are you wanting to go sightseeing, or just hang out in another country for a little while?

If you want to sightsee, definitely go to NYC, Boston, D.C/Virginia. Lots of history in that area. You can see the White House, the Pentagon, Treasury building (where they print sheets of money), the Constitution, the Smithsonian musem, the U.N., Paul Revere's house, Old north church, you can visit the Boston Tea Party location and throw a box of tea in the water (irony?), lots of war memorials.

Other places of interest might be Miami, New Orleans, Houston, Southern California, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Seattle.

13. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Both but sightseeing first.

14. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Getting better, every day. There were a lot of business that left or did not re-open after the storm which is kind of sad but that's life.

I myself, bred, born and raised in MN for 30+ yrs, just moved here a few yrs ago, and I love it, the culture, the music, the party all the time mentality, the FOOD some of the best in the world is right here in NOLA.

Also seems while some parts of the country are suffering from the economic woes, we here in the NOLA area seem to be doing ok and making money, that is until the bubble bursts. <knocks on wood>

We have our problems just like any other large city, just be aware of where you are at and avoid some areas like the plague, especially when the sun sets and the mutants come out. LOL

15. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    In that case

I would definitely recommend visiting the D.C. NY, Boston, Arlington Virginia area. Lots of things to look at over there. I haven't been over there since 9/11 so I don't know if some of the things have closed down or not. I don't think you are allowed inside the statue of liberty anymore. It's actually a lot smaller up in the crown than you would have thought. They have talked about re-opening it (which they should since it's so cool).

It's a big country and you won't be able to see everything. I'd recommend places like Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota, Mammoth Cave in Kentucky, Kitty Hawk in North Carolina, etc. but other than those attractions, there isn't much else to do in those states (no offense to people who live there).

16. GSB

GSB Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    Why anyone would want to come here is beyond bizarre.
    I'd go to Mexico or Brazil before I came here. Just my 2 cents.

17. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I say that to the same people who want to come to the UK,i just can't think of a better place to visit,i've always wanted to go to the US.

18. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Why visit USA when you can visit it's -15C counterpart CANADA

19. Kirkyl

Kirkyl Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    My canadian friend said exactly that to me.;)

20. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Being from the US I have always wanted to visit the UK. Lots of places I would love to see, Australia, China, Japan, Spain, etc..etc..etc..