Klipsch intros three home theater speaker systems

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Klipsch Audio has announced the upcoming launch of three new entry-level 5.1-channel surround-sound speaker systems. The HD Theater 1000 is the headliner sporting five identical speakers for its five...

More...

2. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    That's some expensive ass speakers

3. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    My friend has a 2.1 set of Bose speakers he paid over £400 for

My Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 @ £99 totally blow them away in sound quality.

They really do make some fantastic stuff, these new ones will be no exception

4. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    Expensive, but if they sound far superior to the z5500 (which i don't personally think sound that great), then even the entry level may be worth the extra cost.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Satelittes look very similar to Altec Lansing MX5021 speakers, just without dual mid driver.
    Are there any specs for these speakers (RMS/THD/SNR/FREQRES) ?

6. Forbiden

Forbiden Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS @ 810/1900/2200
    Too expensive! Dunno what actual retail/online costs will be but $600 for a 500 watt system is too much. You can get a far superior Onkyo HTIB for less.

I do own a 5.1 Klipsch setup though. 400-450 watt setup with a dual 6.5" sub and it'll rock the block. But once you've experienced a system with a 10 or 12" sub you'll never go back :)

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Well, raw RMS power is not everything. Z-5500 are powerful per watt but they are rather crappy overal...

8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    I don't really think that they're overpriced. You get what you pay for, and by buying Klipsch you're getting HQ...

9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    That's because Bose are absolutely horrible. They can't even get THX certified and they still use paper cones. They make decent headphones though.

I miss the 5.1 Klipsch computer speaker system they used to have, it was awesome. For home theater, I'd only go with B&W though.