Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Great work-a-round SScorpio! Worked like a charm on my install of w7 ult x64. Thx a whole bunch for sharing.:)

Update: With vista x64, whenever I updated tdu with patch 1.66a or install the bonus carpack (which includes 1.66a) I would lose ingame sound. Samething with w7 ult x64. Using ALchemy with vista x64 restored the ingame sound. Now I just installed the bonus carpack with patch 1.66a in w7 ult x64 and once again have ingame sound.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    JaxmacFl use alchemy unless you have. If you havent copy the dsound.dll and ini files to the TDU folder of the game. When They made the patch they changed the sound engine that the game uses to something esle.

And you had to use alchemy to get the sounds to work right. It what I did when I had my prelude.

3. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC

Correct. I couldn't get ALchemy to open using RC8, RC8.1 or Daniel_K's Pack release in W7. After using SScorpio's method though, ALchemy opens and I have TDU (with carpack) and GTA:SA ALchemy-enabled. Thinking about adding FC2 and COJ. Hopefully Azun will include W7 with next new driver release.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  4. SkripT

SkripT New Member

GPU:
    ATI ?
    Hi, anybody knows whre the configuration (equalizer, crystalizer, bass level, etc) is saved? I want to know to restore the same settings in case of emergency

5. Capt Proton

Capt Proton Member Guru

GPU:
    2 X GTX 570
    All well and good. Now, two questions.

1. How do you get the Console Launcher to show up in the notification area?

2. I read several times posts that suggest to me you have to turn Alcheny on? Am I reading these right? If so, how? ( discovered the answer to this one myself)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. warxsnake

warxsnake New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 OC 896MB
    This is driving me effing nuts!

my microphone gives off a "strobing" effect when I talk basically skipping every half a second, making me sound like a robot.

so i tried running onboard soundmax along my Auzentech but only having microphone enabled on the soundmax. It works perfectly. However, im guessing because i have onboard enabled, I get errors with the auzentech such as:

-sound completely cuts off at random with videos (especially when I transfer files for some reason)

-less frequent but also happens in game

to fix the sound completely cutting off, i just have to disable auzentech "speakers" in the windows playback list, and re-enable it.

also creative alchemy does not work at all when i have the onboard functioning with the auzentech. so basically my only option is to have only the auzentech as my playback and microphone source, but i get the horrendous microphone performance.

this also happened in vista 64, but NOT in vista32bit and windows7 32bit

I am running the "default" drivers from auzentech site along with their creative alchemy. any help? is there some special driver to download?

7. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Is there any update or advantage to running the 8.1 drivers posted in this forum, over the RC8 on vista 64?

8. tabloid

tabloid New Member

GPU:
    4870x2
    I've installed daniel_k's driver pack on vista 64 sp1 recently and I'm having some problems, wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
    The drivers install fine, and I am able to hear sound. BUT, when I try to open the Creative console launcher (or any of the other Creative apps) it says that no supported hardware was detected. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

9. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    thats probaly cous it was't made for the prelude.

10. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Any ideas? Ticket was opened on Auzentechs site with the question. Been 3 days, no replies.

11. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    I have that exact problem and auzen are trying to tell me it's a problem with my card and asking me to rma it to the development team
    strange thing is it doesn't happen all the time...
    sometimes it seems to happen when the system goes to sleep and then wakes up, sometimes it seems to happen when changing modes on the card, and then other times it just seems random :3eyes:

This is the last response from Auzentech:
    I KNOW that the prob isn't just with my card as my friend with a Prelude also has the same problem too

The RC 8.1 drivers they gave me last year didn't help either <shrug>

I'm seriously thinking about switching back to a vanilla X-Fi Xtrememusic as the microphone on this card has never worked correctly since the day i bought it
    I need the mic to work properly and never had a problem with my old card.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  12. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    Why do ppl ask these types of questions? Its faster to install em up yerself and see. Plus not everyones machine will react as yer does.... Unless you can find some one with nearly the same setup as you have their experience could quite possibly be nothing like yours.

After all this time had you tested for yerself you would have had yer answer. I almost would think thats what the peeps at Auzen would have thought \ said.

Zyro

13. Zyrocenus

Zyrocenus Master Guru

GPU:
    Saph 4890@1033\1200@1.45V
    Daniels Ks pack?! Yes it was....sez right in the read me. Also mentions Win7 is supported. I installed it up and have ZERO issues in Vista or SeVeN x64. No issues aside from that slowly increasing lag condition I've always had

Zyro

14. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Thanks for the informative reply.
    I'll install RC8.1 for the mic issue.

15. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    what lag? does it happen just when using DDL or DTS?

16. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    This dalek voice probelm as i call it:) i have had a few times, a reboot sometimes gets rid of it but since the mic boost problem was solved (game to entertainment and game) the tick is always on and i also dropped the volts on my CPU due to i overclock and not had this problem since, odd really..

one thing that is bugging me is this the last driver??,
    also what Creative said about the Mic problem that they never get it lol bull, IMOP i think there full of cr##p and plain lier's as there cards are the worst for mic issues and sound problems etc.

17. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    i've never had the problem before when i had an xtrememusic installed

18. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    no Unless you want the THX control panel which has settings which is helpful for your headphones or surround set up. Or just want some new drivers for some fixes.

Well the thx.ini for making the headphones 90 Degress if you have your headphones set to 2 channel instead of headphone option. Like I had at one point when i had a prelude.

19. nam

nam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW ICX
    Same system or differant system? I RMA'd a Fatality to them and they sent me that card back ,one massive give away was the driver install i thought hey will give it a try still same problems i.e mic, pop and crackle (and i always put it down to the mem onboard card)..

that Voice problem can be a easy fix try what i did above , my frend has had the same garbled voice over skype (differant sound card not creative tech). also if i ever go online gameing with frends i always reboot system, it is odd it is like a Cache problem or something.

20. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    yes i know it can be fixed with a reboot, but it can be very annoying to have to reboot just to use skype

i originally used the xtrememusic with a different system...

*but* i swapped my prelude over for the XM a couple of hours ago and although it is a little early to tell, i can switch between the modes now and it remembers my settings for speakers, svm, eax etc. and no probs with the mic in a couple of calls so far

also GRID now loads and plays with game mode selected (for some reason had to use entertainment mode on the prelude)
    and the official win7 creative drivers let the mic work in win7 x64 with all 6gb of mem installed (would stop functioning with over 4gb installed on the prelude w/ auzen drivers)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009