eVGA volt mod utility

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by EddieG, Jan 23, 2009.

1. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but, eVGA volt mod GUI coming soon from Jacob over at eVGA forums. It sounds good. Sorry didn't link:stewpid:

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=749117&mpage=1&key=��
    there sending hookers over next.... i mean what else can they do for there custumers
    hmmm...unwinder been help with this?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  3. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Ummm...NiBiTor?

4. alphaphotek

alphaphotek Master Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 260 SLI
    This is sick! Sux that it's only for evga cards. Maybe if I flash my bios on the card it will work?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

6. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
  7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
  8. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    Thanks Cowie for posting the link. It was well past my bedtime when I read the post over there.

Anyway, It will be good to give it a try before I like a card well enough to hard mod. JacobF seems exicited with that 100mhz bump:banana:

9. Nihilkrist

Nihilkrist Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D GTX260
    Heh, what's the betting there's gonna be a corresponding spike in eVGA GTX 260/280 and 295 returns when they release this?

10. JPennStar

JPennStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    WOW its about damn time! I'm sick of the voltage ceiling that I always hit when overclocking cards. Especially now that die sizes are getting smaller and smaller - so temps are going lower - overclocking is less risky. Its amazing what a tenth of a volt can do.

11. EddieG

EddieG Master Guru

GPU:
    A few
    You've got the right train of thought there. I've had a lab for 15 years in my house, ln2 ..great stuff but it can't fit in a case, YET. So I'm happy to see a GUI that might be for real ! My wife has been too curious as to what I'm doing down there. I'm afraid she'll be calling the fire dept.if she knew. So JacobF is a man after my own heart. Cheers to real(in case) oc'ing.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If you're going to do that you may as well just use NiBiTor....

13. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    Unwinder.

I read your statement regarding clock control via GUI, and the fact you have no intention of ever supporting this feature. Can I just say (although I think you are a very intelligent guy, and a great asset to the overclocking community as a whole) I think you're making an error in judgement regarding this function. I realise and appreciate the points you have made about "noobs" being able to use this feature and unwittingly destroying their cards through a severe lack of knowledge, but at the end of the day your phenominally powerful RT app already provides this possibility with the power user tab. If you were to add a seperate pane, with an agreement to accept and a warning tab, then I see no reason why you would be held responsible for destroying users cards (if something were to go wrong).

EVGA will obviously not take responsibility for users who use their voltage selection tool........so why should you?

I know there are a wealth of users (probably the majority of which already use your great tool) who would greatly benefit from this addition and who would be no more in danger of damaging their card than they were before.

just my 2cents :)

MOFO

14. Unwinder

EVGA is a big company having RMA service and techsupport staff who's job is patiently dealing with unsatisfied clients. If the company feels that publishing such tool gives more pros (boosted sales) than cons (hardware returned via RMA, more load on techsupport service and public hysterias of clients damaged hardware with such tool) - fine, that's their business decision and their choice. I see nothing but cons for myself in releasing such functionality in freeware tool, I'm not that patient to waste free time on dealing with "your crap software killed my card" users.

15. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You cant adjust Voltage in Nibitor.

The controller is software driven as far as i know

16. Unwinder

17. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    Wonder how long these card will live with volt increase lol. Pretty stupid program imo . Cards already hit 70-80 degrees on stock coolers. Wonder what graphic issues will occur when cards get hotter.

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    xSLIX

o m g....

U dont belong in this thread :p

U dont understand Volt Modders :p

19. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    Ahh so you spend dome time everyday answering emails from users who have caused damage to their cards via.....

overclocking core and mem speed too high,
    using power user tab to all manner of stuff,
    forcing fan speed too low and cooking standard cards,
    flashing the bios with a modded bios by using rivatuner (and making an error),
    etc etc

and you don't want anymore emails as this would give you more work to do?

I still don't understand. You could make a RIVATUNER BLACK EDITION so users know it's special.......and make it open with a huge warning. At the end of the day there are thousands of users here who mess with vcore settings and vdimm everyday of their lives and never kill their cpu's or memory.........why gpu's get such special treatment is beyond me.

However, if you simply can't be bothered to add this function to your tool, then I'm sure someone else will make it available somehow. I just hope your RT doesn't get left behind :( Especially if you choose to leave out great new functionality for users for no apparent reason.

speak for yourself. Mine idles at 19c on air. I could raise it to 2.00v and turn my fan off without issue (you get my point). I guess you're one of the NOOBS unwilling (sorry UNWINDER) is referring too. You'd ramp up the voltage on your stock card that already hits 70-80c with it's stock cooler yeah? Hmmm....see some of use don't use STOCK coolers with TEMPS as high as 70-80c. My card has never seen 45c loaded....we ain't all silly. I suppose clock sliders in rivatuner or evga precision or any other OC apps are stupid too?

infact overclocking is stupid isn't really when you think about it. Hold on......**** I've just realised....this entire website and everything it stands for is "pretty stupid" :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hmmm, :ban:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009