Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
  2. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    problem has been posted before but no daemons tool will not work with windows 7 atm. Give Ultraiso a ago im using it right now for the virtual drive works fine.

3. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    much appreciated aircool :thumbup:

thanx...just grabbed it and all is good :)

4. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Should be the drivers , it doesn't lock here...never
    Tho I feel it should be even more smoother , sometimes it doesn't feel uber smooth , small milli second hitches..

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    not into those kind myself, but i'd like to see some fraps results if you happen to have that, if not no biggie

6. jumjumski

jumjumski Member Guru

GPU:
    mobility 4570
    im very impressed with that windows,using it from 3 days now,everything runs perfect,fast and very stable exept daemon tools,but using power iso can conpensate this,all drivers installed without a single problem,never going back to vista again,luck to all beta testers..

7. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    i fully agree.

8. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    I tried installing it to my eee pc 901 with 2 Gigabytes of ram though it kept freezing to "completing installation" and would not advance from there. I waited for an hour and I got a black screen. I guess it's a bug so I will just wait for a newer build then... shame.

:edit:

Haha I just realized that I'm trying to install it with finnish keyboard layout... I'm sure the lite version doesn't have those and that causes the freeze the files aren't there. Heh, gotta remember to drink more coffee and think more before installing. I'll try once more.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  9. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Well I had to download and burn 3 different build 7000's before I found one that one that would install all the way through. It should be easier now because the one that works will probably have the most seeders.

10. MetalFox

MetalFox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 DCII
    I'm using the flashdrive method for this one, I really dont want to buy a usb-dvd drive I would use 10 times per year to install windows/linux to my Asus.
    One reason I'm giving windows 7 a try because I bought extra ram for my eee and I like the way vista manages ram and does caching and stuff. Windows 7 should run "quite" okay with eee, I'll check if it installs now.

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    From what i got on my farcry2 benches

WinXP its like 33fps-25minimum
    Win7 its 25fps, 18min, altho in dx10 its 28fps 22minimum

great for a beta OS, when it gets usable ill use it i think (getting freezes with some programmes)

12. .Rain

.Rain Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870
    To save me from reading this whole thread, when is this OS supposedly to be released as retail?

13. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    late this year or early next no confirmed dates as yet

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    MetalFox: it ran quite alright on my Eee 1002HA, and i started the install on my desktop.... and shut down to swap the drive out when it went to restart after going through the setup (i.e. the second restart through the whole process.... where the timer goes down saying that your computer will be restarted in 10 seconds, or gives you the option to restart now). pulled the drive, popped it in my Eee, and turned it on. went nicely. only issue i had, which i mentioned earlier, was that for some reason i had to put the computer to sleep and wake it back up after every restart in order to get any video. coulda been due to the way i set it up... but *shrug*. probably gonna put 7 on my desktop as my primary OS soon.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nope, I don't...almost bought an Atom powered Eee, but opted for an Acer laptop with 15.4" screen instead because it was cheaper and I needed a regular laptop for work. Seen a few websites with reviews saying it didn't have enough power to run Vista.

TPB had a few torrents listed as Win7 x64 build 7000....was going to try 'em, but if you say there isn't an x64 for build 7000, I won't bother.

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    just looked around on TPB.... didn't see any Windows 7 torrents listed as being both Build 7000 and x64. seen plenty of x64, but only ones prior to build 7000.

17. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    doesn't matter much x86 windows 7 will see 4gb or ram.

18. fetabob

fetabob Active Member

GPU:
    waiting...
    liking build 7000, system properties not showing the cpu overclock though but 1920x1080 on samsung 40" lcd looks excellent with the new wallpapers and the large font/icon seems to be perfect in all instances except for the gadgets which are still tiny. Seems like a permanent move to the big screen has arrived.

19. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    no it won't
    plus you won't have other 64bit advantages like better performance and security

20. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.