Windows 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by cockneysean, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Have you bought it & installed it yet? Unless they release a MAJOR patch to fix the bugs then I will not install it. Also Securom keeps ****ing up too & That's on clean installs of Vista.

[​IMG]

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Atom was intended for low-end ultra-portables and netbooks that run Linux and WinXP. On the 945G chipset Intel paired it with, it can barely run Vista, so who in their right mind is going to try installing a 64bit OS on it anyway? And the way the post I quoted was stated...it appeared as though you were saying that some 64bit processors were incapable of properly handling 32bit emulation.

As for people having issues with sound....I finally got mine working, sorta...I tried installing the creative drivers and kept getting an error saying "no driver version detected"....so, I figured I'd give compatibility mode a try. Immediate BSOD. I ended up giving up on creative for the time being and using an HDMI to hook up my monitor since it has an audio passthrough for HDMI and my HD4850 has it's own realtek audio chip. Win7 identified and installed the ATI/Realtek HD Audio drivers all on it's own with no issues at all. So, if you have an HD4xxx series card with HDMI adapter and a monitor that accepts HDMI input, that will solve your audio problem on Windows7.....wouldn't suggest buying an HDMI cable strictly to get sound though as they aren't cheap enough to justify it.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  3. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    BTW. Windows 7 recognizes my on board sound without having to install any drivers.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition

5. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    i have Windows 7 64bit, how do i eneble Superbar???

6. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    How did you get your hands on a windows x64 edition?

Anyway, who is using this OS as a primary......

7. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    you mean build 6801? the current "leaked" beta is build 7000 and is only available in 32bit.
    "Searches today on the ****** BitTorrent site, for example, returned multiple listings of Windows 7 Build 7000, which Microsoft identifies as a beta candidate in the file name. The torrent is a disk image of the 32-bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate; a 64-bit version is not yet available."

http://computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9124559

8. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    how do i eneble Superbar??? in win 7 x64

9. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    STFU!!!! OMG!!! Ok so this proves what I said in my other post. You are in fact running an earlier beta of x64 (NOT build 7000) thanks for not replying to my questions. Sheesh!!

Your build of Windows 7 doesn't have the new Taskbar, not "Superbar"

No you're not STFU.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  10. maccarulez

maccarulez Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1gig GTS250
    Well I did all my testing as I wanted to do, and i have to say it was pretty damn smooth and fast to run, but 1 of my main issues I had was the problem with securom and GTAIV..

I even was able to install my Microsoft Lifecam which surprised me....Not gonna keep it on my rig, but back to Vista Ultimate until the final release.

On a side-note...Keep up the good work Microsoft for once lol :)

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    sykozis: uuh... what? the Intel Atom can barely run Vista? Do you have a computer/netbook with the Atom in it? I installed Windows 7 on my SSD to use in my Eee PC 1002HA, and it ran just fine. the only issue i had with it was that if i were to reboot, i'd have to press the power button to put the Eee to sleep, and press it again to wake it up in order to get video. Other than that.... it wasn't reallly slow responding or anything.

biggerx: yeah... 7 recognized the on-board sound on my Eee right away too.

12. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    OK, i finished testing 7 Beta 1 build 7000 on 320GB WD.
    Crysis
    Crysis WH
    COD 4 + COD 5
    BIA Hells Highway
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R CS
    FarCry 2

All these games went smooth as for all other applications, i'am really impressed!
    Next install is on my SSD's Raid0:)

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    no benchie?

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So has anyone tried the X64 version of this? I couldn't find a recent build - only 6801 - but most posts said that BSOD constantly.

15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    .... that's because there ISN'T an x64 build of any recent versions that's been leaked. Probably won't see that anywhere until it actually goes public beta.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    That's what I figured - someone posted previously that they saw x64 builds leaked - I thought maybe someone leaked a 64 bit 7000 build that I missed. Oh well =(

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Going to try this soon, getting good reports from Reaper users that it works fine and great performance in W7.

Can't wait for W7! Gonna get a new hd first though before I test :)

18. Infiniti3D

Infiniti3D Master Guru

GPU:
    8800 Ultra H²0
    No benchie, i just played the games, did some videoplayback and photo editing. Conclusion is for now that this Beta OS runs smooth without bugs:)
    But if you want i can post some Vantage results. Installing now.....

19. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Windows explorer is still buggy or unless its my display drivers because explorer tends to lock up frequently.

20. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    DAEMON TOOLS?

Anyone have any luck gettin this to install and work in Windows7? infact any virtual drive software?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.