Geforce 181.00 12/15/2008 XP32 & VISTA32/64

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tralalalala, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Andyus

Andyus Active Member

GPU:
    x2 Gainward 275GTX 986mb
    oh well, can someone explain me please what cuda really do? i read something on website nvidia but can't understand very well...and..if i download it, still compatibile with 181.00 driver? or only with driver 180.60? thanks and sorry for bad english

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

3. DigitalIP

DigitalIP Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GTX+
    lmao, well this driver is definately out of the question for me. after install and reboot, when it went to the welcome screen before the desktop, the colors were all screwed. then when it went to the desktop, it looked like i was running Wi***/98/ME. well i went to the display properties and found out why, it was set to 640 480 4bit color and i wasnt able to change it lmao! now how screwed up is that?! glad you guys are having better luck though lol.

4. CookieJ

CookieJ Member

GPU:
    evga

hmmmm .. maybe you should learn about "Driver Cleaner" for Video Drivers .. those are exactly the symptoms of Driver Cleaner Neglect ...

I always update with the latest Video Drivers .. even Beta .. and have never had those extreme problems..

Look at my screenshot .. 4 above this ..
    Now look right next to the Vista Start Bar [Circle] ..
    you should see a Red "DC" ... which is "Driver Cleaner Platinum" ..

Nevermind.. here's a quick screenshot of Driver Cleaner:
    [​IMG]

Google it ..
    and it will help with your problems..
    it is always recommended to use Driver Cleaner at every Video Driver Change ..

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009

5. Lich King

Lich King New Member

GPU:
    XFX 9600GT XXX 512MB
    I think the latest one is Driver Cleaner.NET but I have no idea if it is better than the platinum edition of just different in that it uses dot net framework.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I've had that happen before. Normalyl a second reboot will fix it.

7. DaddyGfactor

DaddyGfactor Member

GPU:
    Evga/9800gx2 & 9800gtx
    I've noticed some buzz on the net about 185.20 drivers, anobody tried those or heard about them yet? Seems like a big jump from 181 to 185?

8. CookieJ

CookieJ Member

GPU:
    evga
    They're both from the same company..
    As for which one is newer.. not sure..
    All i know is i always use it every time i change the Video Drivers ..

I remember when i first got into PC Gaming... i never heard of Driver Cleaners.. so i never used it.. and i would always get B.S.O.Ds or problems when upgrading Video Drivers..

But after i discovered Driver Cleaner and did some research on how to use it .. i never have any problems..

Even with Betas .. no problems..

I would assume it's all a matter of choice whether you use Driver Cleaner.Net or Driver Cleaner Platinum .. they should both work..

9. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    I tried the 185.20s and they caused FO3 to crash upon loading a saved game or starting a new one from the menu no matter what I did... back to 181 for me. :)

10. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    I don't mean to sound patronizing but how come you post in a thread without reading it first?

Read the thread from the beginning and you will see that plenty of people here have tried them out.

As for the big jump between version numbers I dunno :eatme:. I asked the same question myself.

11. DaddyGfactor

DaddyGfactor Member

GPU:
    Evga/9800gx2 & 9800gtx
    to DooGie "howser M.D." Read the thread from the beg. before posting?!! I been reading since day one, there is no mention of the 185.20 drivers untill my post. Maybe you should read before posting. :bonk:

12. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)