4870 X2 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Stukov, Aug 13, 2008.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
  2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I wonder if i have posted here before?

Anyway here's my 4870 x2. It's by diamond. It's quite fast with 3990 mhz mem and 800 core.

3. Dweirdo

Dweirdo Member

GPU:
    4870X2 2048MB sapphire
    Can anybody answer my question in my topic @ ATI DRIVER SECTION forum?

4. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    I have a 4870 X2! I hope ATi is able to squeeze a bit more power out of the card with better drivers, i'd like to be able to be close to that GTX295 in Crysis benchmarks. This is good competition to make ATi step up their driver game and release some optimized drivers -- though that is hoping for a lot :p

I can't complain though really, as I bought my card for very cheap :]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008

5. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Long time Nvidia fanboy, now ATI fanboy and I love it...:nerd:

6. ALLTHATISMAN

ALLTHATISMAN Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2 (2 GB)
    How is the Tri-Fire working on the X58? Is it as big an improvment for ATI users as SLI was?

7. Bengalerik

Bengalerik Member

GPU:
    vision tek 4870x2
    having some trouble...

Hello all!

So a couple of months ago.. best buy had the visiontek 4870x2 on sale for 450 bucks so I snatched one up.. couldnt get it to work right in my previous system. Benchmarks seem to be about half of what everyone was getting. And would crash when I turned on the ccc ai. Figured.. ok.. maybe system not powerful enough.

Now my new system.. core i7 920.. asus p6t deluxe.. 6 gb of ram.. corsair 1000 watt power supply. Vista 64 bit. Clean install. Benchmarks still seem to be running slower then what people are posting on here. 14877 in 3dmark 06 and p7311 in vantage. And as before, turning on the ccc ai crashes the benchmarks.. and games.

Visiontek has suggested updated bios, chipset drivers.. all which I have done. Any ideas??

thanks in advance :)

8. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    Since this is a club and I'm member off it, can somebody please help with my little problem?
    Sometimes like 40% of the time when I quit a game (can be after 6 hours straight without errors) I get artifacts over the hole screen and then the pc restart. Other times the screen starts blinking like 8 times with the message: Ati driver stopped (vpu recover) and then the pc restarts. IT NEVER happens when I play "harcore" in games. What can be the problem? My cpu/ram is stable. One guy told me that it could be that my "old" motherboard can't handle high overclock with 4870x2 stable. I have the newest drivers. Does somebody having similar problem?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  9. BorTriggerHappy

BorTriggerHappy Master Guru

GPU:
    5870 & GTX 275
    I'm a better person so don't help IcemaN22, help me...

I am not satisfied with my AA, I have been an nvidia guy most of my life, but I decided to get a 4870x2 as it is awesome, but I'm just not happy with the AA, I currently have it to 8xAA 'Edge Detect', all I want is the same looking AA I got with my 8800GTX....please help

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    So my older sister went to my nerd friend and asked him what she should get me for Christmas. The end result was one of these guys replacing my 8800GTX SLI setup.. not too much faster but definitely a noticeable increase. The one thing i'm happy to report is that the thing worked flawlessly out of the box. I didn't have to tinker at all besides using driver cleaner to get rid of all my nvidia drivers.

11. MadGizmo

MadGizmo Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290X 8GB 2560*1440
    Woah! That's a sweet sister.

12. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

So an x2 is just slightly faster than a 8800gtx sli?

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol yeah.. me and her have been trading expensive gifts for 3-4 years now. I got her a 32 inch Sony Bravia and she got me this.

Yeah - its really according to the game, in Crysis I actually think my SLI setup might have been faster. I don't really care much about FPS so I don't remember what my average FPS in Crysis was. I also game at 1920x1200 which I think brings all the cards performance pretty close to each other.

14. oMek

oMek Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 @ 1100/1600
    lol, 8800GTX sli is = to 1 260 216core. the x2 should smoke it..

and dont forget people every 295 review thats been out sofar only uses nvidia endorced games.

15. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Which is like all of them :/

Source is ATi but that's not really something to be happy about. It's not 2004 for Christ sakes! Though, I was happy about it when I first got my 9800 Pro and first joined this forum :]

16. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    The current gen Source engine has about as much to do with 2004 as the letter q.

17. TyPe-ZeRo

TyPe-ZeRo Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  18. TAViX

TAViX Member

GPU:
    MSI ATI HD 4870 X2
    Guys, have you played yet the crappy Merchants of Brooklyn?? That crap is worst than Crysis in performance terms....Or maybe is a bad optimisation for X2???:puke2::peeleft::puke3:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Today's Thread Resurrection award is decided I think!

20. E-man

E-man New Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 X2
    I don't know but it appears to me that this thread looks dead. The last couple of pages of entries where people asked questions were ignored. Seems like a place for people to talk about everything but resolving issues with these cards.