CPU overclocking software?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by getsuga12, Dec 23, 2008.

1. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    Ah, see, that's why i was complaining in the first place! Because i've done comparisons between those who were hitting 3.7 and my own clocks and the performance was difference, hence why i was asking for an overclocking software (since the BIOS edit is full of crap). I only stated 3.7 in my user CP coz in the bios the bus speed is at 370 with a multiplier of 10, yet it feels nothing of the sort.

and thanks tommyk, currently trying to get clockgen to figure out the most stable clocks. I am running water-cooling on the CPU btw.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    i dont know why they took it down from the website? does it work? expect freezes overclocking that way, i do it it the bios 100%

3. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    currently stable at 3.0ghz (this time it's correct too, 1.50ghz on both cores), trying to go higher, but as you said, freezes occuring frequently. Guess this motherboard really is crappy for overclocks.

4. chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi Guest

GPU:
    SLI 2xEVGA GTX260 core216
    I don't mean to piss on your parade, but this thread makes no sense. Your screen shot shows you running at 2.5Ghz, then you say you have the bus speed @ 370 with a x10 multi and now your telling us you have 3.0Ghz with 1.50Ghz on each core..........Well with 1.50Ghz on each core this means your chip is running at 1.5Ghz, you don't add the cores together, if you think adding each core together = your chip speed then my i7 must be running at an amazing 16.8Ghz cause i have 4 cores @4.2, and if we're including the hyper threading too then i'm @ 33.6Ghz.

I don't mean to sound harsh and it's really none of my business, but it sounds to me like your messing with something you don't fully understand. If I were you I'd do some research on overclocking C2D's and read a few tutorials (there's some good ones on this forum). For us to help you we need the basic facts.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What do you mean 1.5 ghz on both cores?

6. chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi Guest

GPU:
  7. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    haha, i'm beginning to confuse myself too really. EDIT: what i mean to say that the bus speed in CPU-Z now reads 300 with a multiplier of 10

The CPU-Z screenshot that i took is not the correct clocks either, as mentioned by the guy earlier. And that was due to the BIOS settings I applied. So I set the bus speed back to default and am currently using Clockgen, which is showing me the correct speeds I want.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  8. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    ....You need to show your clocks with the cores running 100% and then even if you have the power saving features on we know what your true clocks are.

9. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    Bios is really the only tool for overclocking.

10. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    oh, so i need to get it throttling to see the true clocks? how would i know if there's a power saving feature?

11. chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi Guest

GPU:
    Download prime95 (google it), open cpu-z and then run prime95 and watch your multiplier go up in cpu-z. take a screen shot after prime95 has ran for about a minute, then post it on here.