will nvidia launch a mobo for corei7 ???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by viren, Dec 23, 2008.

1. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Hi Folks, i was just wondering if nvidia would launch a motherboard for the new corei7 processors??? I want to upgrade my mobo, processor and ram. If anyone knows something please share it. How much time will i have to wait?

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Nvidia's motherboards are rubbish in my book. They run hot, and overclock quite badly. But thats just from own personal time with my old dredful 680i motherboard. If you want an excellent motherboard at a good price for a Core i7 rig then look no further than an ASUS P6T Deluxe.

3. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    I donno why you hate 680i so much but i personally feel it is an excellent mobo for core 2. In the ddr2 range name a mobo better than 680 and 780. Prove it.

4. mattymaxima

mattymaxima Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800 GTX+ SLI
    I agree, my 780i has been great and overclocks great. Only thing keeping me back on my OC is my 1.325 VID, otherwise I love it.

5. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt
    +1 Lovin my 780 great overclocker very stable, but I guess everyone gets a bad board once in a while, and regarding an i7 mobo from nvidia I would hope so but it wouldn't suprise me one bit if they didn't specially with evga now releasing intel boards.

6. wud03

wud03 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 4850 512MB @ 690/1188
    Are you totally against any non-nVidia offerings? There are some excellent mobo's out there.

7. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
  8. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    I thought nvidia weren't making enthusiast chipsets anymore, since they licensed SLI to intel, X58 can do it so there's no need for nv mobos.

Also - X58 is not made by nvidia. eVGA is not nvidia.

9. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Master Guru

GPU:
    Intergrated (for now)
    Anything with a P965, X38, P35, X48, P45 or X58 chipset....

Anyways, as theres already a couple of X58 board out that support SLI and Crossfire I dont see the point in waiting for nVidia to release something that is harder to overclock and more expensive.

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    your right EVGA is not nvidia but its an EVGA board, and has SLI for NV cards, what more could you want?

11. Cold Fussion

Cold Fussion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 260 gtx (216sp)
    You can't say it overclocks great if your running at only 356 fsb.

12. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    my mobo does 480FSB for £60 beat that nvidia lol

13. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI

I'm not saying its a bad board, it's just that the OP wanted an nividia board, which the evga one is not.

I guess my real point to the OP is - forget your brand loyalty, buy the motherboard with the best features.

14. Nihilkrist

Nihilkrist Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D GTX260
    I like teh 780i, the xfx/evga anyway, not the MSI one I used to have, my new 780i does 525 fsb :) (Just)

Although yeah, they run hot, and the x58 would most probably kick the hell outa anything NV can release atm. Hell, the x48 kicks the hell out of the 780i too, but I got my mobo on special offer :)

Plus signing over SLI/creating ION looks like giving up on the high end chipset market to me.